• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cromartie takes shot at Sherman

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @ some mediocre CB criticizing Sherman.

Not a fan of Sherman but he is hands down a top 2 CB in the league

"Go play in a defense where you don't have two All-Pro safeties," Cromartie said in an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, referring to Earl Thomasand Kam Chancellor. "That's what I would tell him.

"Go follow the No. 1 receiver. Follow him around for a whole entire game and let's see what you can do," Cromartie continued. "Darrelle Revis has done that his whole career. I've done that. Patrick Peterson has done it. Joe Haden has done it. [Sherman] is the only defensive back that hasn't."

"If you want to label yourself as the No. 1 corner, the best corner in the NFL, follow the best guy on every single team," Cromartie said.

Antonio Cromartie of New York Jets -- Richard Sherman of Seattle Seahawks not among top cornerbacks in NFL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like sour grapes from Cromartie, but he is right about the S's Sherman plays with. They do make Sherman job easier.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The safeties certainly make Sherman's job easier, but he also makes their job easier. So it works both ways. Cromartie is one of those guys that should just STFU. I don't think Sherman is as good as Revis, but he is a great player and he sure as helol is better thanCromartie.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny coming from a guy that doesn't know how a condom works.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Go play in a defense where you don't have two All-Pro safeties," Cromartie said in an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, referring to Earl Thomasand Kam Chancellor. "That's what I would tell him.

"Go follow the No. 1 receiver. Follow him around for a whole entire game and let's see what you can do," Cromartie continued. "Darrelle Revis has done that his whole career. I've done that. Patrick Peterson has done it. Joe Haden has done it. [Sherman] is the only defensive back that hasn't."

"If you want to label yourself as the No. 1 corner, the best corner in the NFL, follow the best guy on every single team," Cromartie said.

Antonio Cromartie of New York Jets -- Richard Sherman of Seattle Seahawks not among top cornerbacks in NFL

He's done it when he's had to. He spent the second half of the Dallas game following Dez when the next three guys on the depth chart behind him went down with injury.

Here's the thing I don't get, pretty much everybody on this website could tell you that the reason he doesn't follow one guy around the whole game is because Seattle's Cover 3 doesn't require him to. Do all these guys calling him out not realize this or are they just trying to start shit? I mean in the article Cromartie seems to realize this is the case but doesn't seem to care. Why exactly would Sherman move around if he doesn't need to? He would arguably be hurting the team/ defensive scheme if he followed one guy the whole time.

Cromartie mentions the all Pro safeties, but not the fact that he's spent the last several seasons playing along side Patrick Peterson who he names as one of the best.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember back in the day when Hass tweeted whether or not Comrartie understood what CBA meant during the labor crap. Some dude on ESPN responded "of course he does, condom broke again!"

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done it when he's had to. He spent the second half of the Dallas game following Dez when the next three guys on the depth chart behind him went down with injury.

Here's the thing I don't get, pretty much everybody on this website could tell you that the reason he doesn't follow one guy around the whole game is because Seattle's Cover 3 doesn't require him to. Do all these guys calling him out not realize this or are they just trying to start shit? I mean in the article Cromartie seems to realize this is the case but doesn't seem to care. Why exactly would Sherman move around if he doesn't need to? He would arguably be hurting the team/ defensive scheme if he followed one guy the whole time.

Cromartie mentions the all Pro safeties, but not the fact that he's spent the last several seasons playing along side Patrick Peterson who he names as one of the best.
Cromarte only played one year in AZ.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's completely right though. Who cares who's saying it. Doesn't make it wrong does it?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's completely right though. Who cares who's saying it. Doesn't make it wrong does it?

Just Misinformed. Revis covered the #1 receiver on less than half of the snaps this past year. While he did it more than Sherman no Corner in the league covers the #1 all game every game

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, someday sherman will be good

love how know-nothings find ways to agree with an idiot, though

az dbags easily the stupidest regular on this board

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it this way.... 3 of the top QB's in all of football pretty much avoid throwing his way on a regular basis... That's all I need to know....

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with his assessment. Just because the guy doesn't know all his kids doesn't make him wrong in this case.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players can be so salty sometimes, Cromartie is just a huge hater im glad sherman doesnt entertain these dudes anymore

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although there is some truth to what Cromartie is saying, he should probibly keep his mouth shut. Sherman is a great player on the best defense in the league. Should the Seahawks change their defensive scheme that has been successful for years so Sherman can chase around the #1 receiver?

Obviously Sherman, like any other CB, would be more exposed on a lesser defense, but that is not the situation he is in, so it is a stupid argument IMO.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete takes the position that screw all of you. This is how they do it and they will do it is what ever fashion works best for them.
Seattle generally does not change it's defensive scheme. They expect to have an affect against whatever O it is facing that week.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Misinformed. Revis covered the #1 receiver on less than half of the snaps this past year. While he did it more than Sherman no Corner in the league covers the #1 all game every game
Don't confuse them with the facts. Haters just love to try and take Sherman down a peg. RS pushed to shadow Boldin in a key game against SF a few years ago and the coaching staff left him. Boldin ended up with 7 yards for that game and Sherman was so far in his head that he gave up several offensive penalties.

You do what your team asks of you. To blame Sherman for not shadowing specific receivers says you don't know shit about the game. He does exactly what is asked of him. Their scheme requires key people to play their slots and cover whole regions of the field. He does this very well. Every time he has been put to task on playing the whole field vs a specific player he has done that well too.

Best corner in the game? Really, who gives a flying fuck. He's the best corner on our team and does amazing things to help this team win games. That's all that matters.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't confuse them with the facts. Haters just love to try and take Sherman down a peg. RS pushed to shadow Boldin in a key game against SF a few years ago and the coaching staff left him. Boldin ended up with 7 yards for that game and Sherman was so far in his head that he gave up several offensive penalties.

You do what your team asks of you. To blame Sherman for not shadowing specific receivers says you don't know shit about the game. He does exactly what is asked of him. Their scheme requires key people to play their slots and cover whole regions of the field. He does this very well. Every time he has been put to task on playing the whole field vs a specific player he has done that well too.

Best corner in the game? Really, who gives a flying fuck. He's the best corner on our team and does amazing things to help this team win games. That's all that matters.
Yeah, I don't care much if Cromartie thinks that he and others CBs are better than Sherman. But it seems pretty dumb to criticize Sherman for playing the position in the way that his coaches ask him to play it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Cromartie is saying is Sherman shouldn't be calling himself the best until he plays both sides of the field and covers the number 1 guy most the game. He never said Sherman wasn't good. Some of you Seattle "fans" have really thin skin. It obviously is going to rub people the wrong way when you proclaim you are head and shoulders above everyone, especially your peers. Cromartie is a peer. Everything he said was understandable. No need to get worked up.