• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cromartie takes shot at Sherman

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't care much if Cromartie thinks that he and others CBs are better than Sherman. But it seems pretty dumb to criticize Sherman for playing the position in the way that his coaches ask him to play it.
Then maybe Sherman shouldn't be calling himself the best until he can play on a defense that allows him to do what Cromartie is saying. I don't think Cromartie is calling out Sherman necessarily for how he plays but for what he says.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Cro is back w/ the Jets...and I'm stoked to have Todd Bowles coaching the team too.

Oh yeah...Fuck Sherman!!
I hope Coach Bowles gets your guys rolling I hated losing him but don't begrudge him taking his chance at being a HC.

As far as Cromartie and Sherman are concerned they both need to shut up and let their play do the talking.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Cromartie is saying is Sherman shouldn't be calling himself the best until he plays both sides of the field and covers the number 1 guy most the game. He never said Sherman wasn't good. Some of you Seattle "fans" have really thin skin. It obviously is going to rub people the wrong way when you proclaim you are head and shoulders above everyone, especially your peers. Cromartie is a peer. Everything he said was understandable. No need to get worked up.
You never pass up an opportunity to jump on Seattle or their fans. This is no different. Not shocked at all to find you camped out in a Seattle related thread dumping on people. Seems kind of like your thing up here.

Lots of football players call themselves the best. So what? As I said, I could care less if he is better than any of the others, but that kind of talk from pros is nothing new and nothing unusual. He likes to get into people's heads. Obviously it works.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then maybe Sherman shouldn't be calling himself the best until he can play on a defense that allows him to do what Cromartie is saying. I don't think Cromartie is calling out Sherman necessarily for how he plays but for what he says.
He doesn't get beat on the defense he plays on. He can say what he wants. If you, or others don't like it, good. He's firmly in your heads too. It's working.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh? Why would Sherman have to leave Seattle before he could claim to be the best? I mean, it's his own opinion, right? This stuff is just stupid. It's like saying that Tom Brady can't consider himself the best QB because he has played for only one coach and throws too many short passes because of it. Give me a break.

I understand people dislike Seattle right now (which is only slightly better than not even knowing there's a team there), especially certain Packers fans for the Hail Mary game. I get that people don't like Sherman because he opens his mouth, but people are still upset about crap that was said 2 years ago.

As for Cromartie, I would suggest he worry about what he's doing. Wasn't he at those 2 games they played against Seattle last year. I mean, 54-9 combined score! Hell, Seattle racked up a team record 596 yards on that defense that had Cromartie and Peterson starting at corner (and 329 through the air with the QB people seem to think can't throw the ball).

I guess Sherman wins, cause even when he isn't talking, people are talking about him.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never pass up an opportunity to jump on Seattle or their fans. This is no different. Not shocked at all to find you camped out in a Seattle related thread dumping on people. Seems kind of like your thing up here.

Lots of football players call themselves the best. So what? As I said, I could care less if he is better than any of the others, but that kind of talk from pros is nothing new and nothing unusual. He likes to get into people's heads. Obviously it works.
All I said was what Cromartie said is understandable and makes sense. It's really not the big deal that Seattle fans are making it. That's all. I'm not dumping on anyone.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I said was what Cromartie said is understandable and makes sense. It's really not the big deal that Seattle fans are making it. That's all. I'm not dumping on anyone.
And yet here you still are. :L

Doing what you always do.

Carry on.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been this way since the fail mary game and it only got worse after that embarrassing melt down by your team in that playoff game. Sorry your team keeps coming up short against Seattle, but clearly this is all in your head.

Why care about our fans support? I'd do the same? No. I don't sit up chastising other fans for supporting their teams. I only correct things they might say in support or share a different opinion. I'll leave the blind hatred to others thank you.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @ some mediocre CB criticizing Sherman.

Not a fan of Sherman but he is hands down a top 2 CB in the league

"Go play in a defense where you don't have two All-Pro safeties," Cromartie said in an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, referring to Earl Thomasand Kam Chancellor. "That's what I would tell him.

"Go follow the No. 1 receiver. Follow him around for a whole entire game and let's see what you can do," Cromartie continued. "Darrelle Revis has done that his whole career. I've done that. Patrick Peterson has done it. Joe Haden has done it. [Sherman] is the only defensive back that hasn't."

"If you want to label yourself as the No. 1 corner, the best corner in the NFL, follow the best guy on every single team," Cromartie said.

Antonio Cromartie of New York Jets -- Richard Sherman of Seattle Seahawks not among top cornerbacks in NFL
sherman has more help than any other CB in football, and only plays one side of the field.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny about this is that cromartie name himself as a top cb in the same sentence as revis, Haden, & Peterson

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the beginning of the end for Cromartie and the Jets. The Jets are trying to revert to Rex's smash mouth but are trying to develop swagger with their mouths instead of doing it on the field. Jets secondary is too old and too tired to be painting a target on their backs.....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Misinformed. Revis covered the #1 receiver on less than half of the snaps this past year. While he did it more than Sherman no Corner in the league covers the #1 all game every game

As stupid as Cromartie is, I don't think it was a one year comment. Revis used to take the top receiver on the other team basically every single play by himself and leave the other 3 guys to cover the rest of the field while not having to worry about the top WR. The year Charles Woodson won the Defensive player of the year award Revis had the best season a CB has ever had IMO. He literally shut everyone down every week and played many top WRs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny about this is that cromartie name himself as a top cb in the same sentence as revis, Haden, & Peterson

Yeah, that was the best part of it. I guess Cromartie watches Sherman more than himself. Does he remember when Revis was covering all those # 1's with the Jets and he was getting toasted on the other side of the field?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @ some mediocre CB criticizing Sherman.

Not a fan of Sherman but he is hands down a top 2 CB in the league

"Go play in a defense where you don't have two All-Pro safeties," Cromartie said in an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, referring to Earl Thomasand Kam Chancellor. "That's what I would tell him.

"Go follow the No. 1 receiver. Follow him around for a whole entire game and let's see what you can do," Cromartie continued. "Darrelle Revis has done that his whole career. I've done that. Patrick Peterson has done it. Joe Haden has done it. [Sherman] is the only defensive back that hasn't."

"If you want to label yourself as the No. 1 corner, the best corner in the NFL, follow the best guy on every single team," Cromartie said.

Antonio Cromartie of New York Jets -- Richard Sherman of Seattle Seahawks not among top cornerbacks in NFL

Cromartie is an idiot, but he has a point. File this under "Broken Clock..............

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cromartie doesn't have a point at all. No one has played CB better than Sherman the last couple of years. In fact its not all that close.

Saying he doesn't follow a WR around the field and thinking that somehow knocks him is like arguing Jerry Rice isn't the greatest of all time at WR because he didn't go deep often enough in the WCO.

What also is hilarious is that both Cromartie and Revis would struggle if put in Sherman's position because neither has the chops to play zone well. Sherman is in virtually every way the superior football player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As stupid as Cromartie is, I don't think it was a one year comment. Revis used to take the top receiver on the other team basically every single play by himself and leave the other 3 guys to cover the rest of the field while not having to worry about the top WR. The year Charles Woodson won the Defensive player of the year award Revis had the best season a CB has ever had IMO. He literally shut everyone down every week and played many top WRs.

That has been a few years. Right now there is not a single Corner in the league that covers the #1 on almost every single play. This past year is a great example in NE where Revis stayed to one side more than he ever has in his career. Against the Broncos Revis for example was only on Thomas on 3 of the 11 targets thrown his way and allowed 3 catches on the plays he was thrown at. Again though should show that teams more than ever are having Corners stay more at home and are looking for at least 2 top quality Corners to make a defense work.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The safeties certainly make Sherman's job easier, but he also makes their job easier. So it works both ways. Cromartie is one of those guys that should just STFU. I don't think Sherman is as good as Revis, but he is a great player and he sure as helol is better thanCromartie.
Sherman is a self promoter.