• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals sign Cromartie

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals agree to 1-year deal - CBSSports.com

so is anyone else starting to get worried about the cardinals? They smashed our recievers our last game at home now with Patrick peterson, antonio cromartie, tyrann mathieu, jarrod powers i would say the easily have the second best secondary in our division maybe in the conference. Thank goodness their offense is still coming together but I think they are a team to keep an eye on

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There D is good… But they have one big weakness that will hurt them and that's Carson Palmer who can look great one game and then be and INT machine the next… He's not consistent… Now if they had a good young qb they would scare me more… Palmer will be 35

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well regardless of who was under center our last meet we did lose

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That secondary is looking great. They did lose Karlos Dansby though, who had a terrific year for them in 2013.

Their offense will still continue to be a problem though. They've got nothing in the ground game and as Boogie said, Carson Palmer is extremely inconsistent. The Cardinals were one of the NFL's most underrated teams in 2013 though.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That secondary is looking great. They did lose Karlos Dansby though, who had a terrific year for them in 2013.

Their offense will still continue to be a problem though. They've got nothing in the ground game and as Boogie said, Carson Palmer is extremely inconsistent. The Cardinals were one of the NFL's most underrated teams in 2013 though.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think this signing really affects how they match up with Seattle given how run heavy the offense is.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may very well be the second best team in the division now

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough to say. I still don't think they're better than the 49ers though. It is hard to place a team that looks as good as the Cardinals as third in the division, but I think that is more a testament of how strong the NFC West is and not a poor reflection on the Cardinals. I expect them to surpass their 2013 win total in 2014.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFC West is going be a dog fight. Love it and really looking forward to the football season to start. Sure is a change from just a few short years ago, when the NFC west was the joke of the NFL.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SF still has more weapons on offense and their defense is still great. Cards have to prove they can get it done before I'll believe it.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very possible that 3 of the top 5 defenses in the NFL will be in the NFC West. Also possible that all 4 NFC West teams will have a top 10 defense (depending on how the Ram's draft goes)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a solid signing for the Cards and that D will keep them in all the games, but I agree that the weak link is Carson Palmer. When AZ finds their QB of the future, they will be right up there contending for the division title.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right. Any talk of Arizona passing either Seattle or SF is premature as long as Palmer is at the helm. They did pick up a couple of new offensive linemen, but still have questions on the other side of that line and Palmer's numbers last year were not good.

Until proven otherwise it is still Seattle>SF>Zona>Rams.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right. Any talk of Arizona passing either Seattle or SF is premature as long as Palmer is at the helm. They did pick up a couple of new offensive linemen, but still have questions on the other side of that line and Palmer's numbers last year were not good.

Until proven otherwise it is still Seattle>SF>Zona>Rams.

I totally disagree.......It's not premature as Palmer played great when h was given the time. Now the that Oline has been address and with a better understanding of the offense this might be his best year ever as a pro.

The Cards also have one of the best young running backs in this division.

They will without question compete for this division and I don't see SF or the Hawks being any better than them. It's a level playing field now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree.......It's not premature as Palmer played great when h was given the time. Now the that Oline has been address and with a better understanding of the offense this might be his best year ever as a pro.

They will without question compete for this division and I don't see SF or the Hawks being any better than them. It's a level playing field now.

Maybe, we find out.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get any fan being high on their team, but do you understand what I said and what your response actually was? :L

I said until PROVEN it is still as it was. Why? Because Seattle and SF have proven quantities especially at QB. Both have two young QB's that already have SB experience and a proven record of winning in the post season as well as regular season. Palmer? Is 34 years old and last year threw 24 TD's and 22 INT's. Wilson went 26/9 in TD/INT and Kraperdink went 21/8. Palmer has never had a season remotely as good as either of them over their first two and hasn't ever come close in QBR or RAT. Then add both of their rushing yards on top of their already superior passing.

I'm sorry, but Palmer has NEVER been close to either of them. Just fixing one side of your O line isn't going to magically push him into a Peyton like season. It doesn't work like that.

It's easy to say what could or should be. I mean Seattle should have Harvin fore more than 1.5 games this season and could have substantial improvements in their offense because of it. See how easy that is?

For all of the talent Seattle lost in this FA period, they may actually end up with a much more fierce pass rush if Allen joins the team and will return all of the rest of the key players on their defense with the ONLY real question being depth at CB and even that is minor.

SF didn't exactly take the FA period off either.

I will stand by my claim. As long as zona has Palmer they MUST be considered no higher than 3rd in the division until proven otherwise. No one knows which teams will face the worst injuries or other distractions. It is possible any of them has enough issues to wreck their seasons. All we can do now is just give a best guess based on past history and looking at what parts each team has. Like it or not QB's count as a major part of that and until they find a quality franchise QB Arizona just can't be considered a front runner. Can't.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really happy with the direction this team is heading. We are quietly building a team that will be good for a very long time. Palmer can win with the pieces we're putting around him. I just wish we were in a different division. :gaah:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really happy with the direction this team is heading. We are quietly building a team that will be good for a very long time. Palmer can win with the pieces we're putting around him. I just wish we were in a different division. :gaah:

aint that the truth im sure the same would be true for the rams. its pretty funny how a few years ago people were laughing at our division now were the biggest dog in the football yard

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer actually scares me given the Cards line. They upgraded two positions in free agency and are getting Fluker back (lot of people forgot about him) who was showing TREMENDOUS ability early in the season and preseason.

Give Palmer time.... and he's still got Fitz/Floyd.. yikes. Not to mention if they draft another wideout with their 2nd or if they nab someone like Sefarian-Jenkins in round 2 with a slight trade up... that offense will be very scary. Will easily be the best passing attack in the NFC West.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't doubt your stacked defense, but I think your a little miss guided on Palmer. Guys not named Manning at Palmer's age generally decline in skills. Once you get a QB of the future then yes, the Cards will be contenders. For now, still not as good as the Niners and Seahawks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Palmer actually scares me given the Cards line. They upgraded two positions in free agency and are getting Fluker back (lot of people forgot about him) who was showing TREMENDOUS ability early in the season and preseason.

Who?

Do you mean Cooper? If so, that's a good point. Mr. Cooper went 7th overall for a reason.

But even with Cooper back, the OL is still a problem for Arizona IMO. Lucky for them the O-tackle class in the draft is absolutely loaded.