• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cap Hell?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So twist now that this whole sky is falling cap hell thing has been dwindled down to solely Romo's contract. Can you admit we are not in cap hell?
& remember. No one is saying we are in some great cap situation, the debate was being in cap hell.
Which we are not.

If you want something to worry about. I would worry about being outcoached every year.

I really dont get your point ..... I dont

Cowboys have had the worst cap situation in football for 3 years running..... thats a fact thats not an opinion.

The only team close was the Redskins ... and that was because of a fine ... alot bigger fine than we had.

Cap strapped 8-8 for three straight years? Sky is falling? It already fell. Difference is Id like to come out of the 8-8 hole ...... some of yall fuckers seem to have become content with it ....

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got one question though .......

Topic is salary cap ..... So why are so many fuckers that dont care about the cap commenting?
I understand boredom .... but not to the extent of turning this into the Redskin board ... where all is heaven and you better not say anything bad about the team or situation

Dont become what you hate :suds:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried about this season our salary cap for the season we are about to enter has little effect on what happens on the field this year with this team.

Most of us praise Jimmy Johnson for what he did for this team ..... Doubt any will disagree there

Even he knew when it was time to tear down and rebuild ....... and at first ..... He was hated for it

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember BEFORE the cap .... Jimmy cost us a one win season because he blew it up

that got us 3 superbowls

Jimmy built a dynasty .... not building for this year .... but seeing the overall TEAM picture

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"BUT, I do believe in not going all in every season and instead keeping a long term outlook on the team"

BUT, This is jerry and he's all in from here on out. The Romo signing confirmed it.
Really....nothing new here.
Glass half full / glass half empty.

I know that. I am not saying what I think WILL happen. I know what will happen with the Jones crew in charge. I am trying to say what I think we could do better and where we have failed in the past with regards to the cap.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are those the options? So basically anything that comes up this year has to all into one of those categories? Then why are any of us here? I'll be honest that's just a cop out to me and what we hear often when someone can't make their point.

I don't get that statement We will agree to disagree on that front. Aren't those basically our options as a fan regardless of the out look of your team. Accept where they are for better for worse or don't watch them or move on? What or the other options? I don't believe that was an absurd statement. That doesn't mean you don't love your team I think my point is very clear. What or the other categories I think that is a general overview on fandom I really don't see what I said that was so disagreeable. Of course think are debated and can be specifically broken down but it all generally falls under one of those 3 categories IMO.:suds:

As always Jarntt much respect, please expound on your opinion I don't see how this is a cop out or a point to be contested.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that. I am not saying what I think WILL happen. I know what will happen with the Jones crew in charge. I am trying to say what I think we could do better and where we have failed in the past with regards to the cap.

It's not that out don't agree with your assessment, but again as a fan you're powerless to controls these variables; that's why I basically put those general categories out there to began with. I get it though yes these things should still be debated and dissected but in the end they won't change we have to live with them until Jerry learns or is forced to do better.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you know this yet you keep pounding the doom outlook ANYWAYS....GOT IT

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we a better team this season with or without Ware? Not talking next year and not talking whether or not you agree with cutting him. Just are we better with or without him this season?

To be honest I can't answer that question until things play out. On paper and reputation alone I would have to say no.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Drafting will always be the most important indicator of the talent on a team. If you draft well you get to say good bye to the veterans when they get expensive and replace them with cheaper, younger guys. It also allows you to pick and choose which FAs you sign instead of being forced to sign a guy because of a glaring weakness. Also, we need to hit on some of our later picks.

I believe that's the general point that my self and I believe Pday have been trying to make. I read your post on restructuring Romo's contract and I agree with you It has not been a good decision to do that. Why can't they structure A big portion of his contract into roster bonus's instead? Would that serve us better as far as the cap is concerned?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know this yet you keep pounding the doom outlook ANYWAYS....GOT IT

yet through all this ..... havent figured out what you are pounding yet

all of a sudden seems like you are the biggest Jerry Jones fan there is ..... and every comment is fuck the future this year or bust

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that's the general point that my self and I believe Pday have been trying to make. I read your post on restructuring Romo's contract and I agree with you It has not been a good decision to do that. Why can't they structure A big portion of his contract into roster bonus's instead? Would that serve us better as far as the cap is concerned?

Not many players will agree to push money back a year or two into roster bonuses. By restructuring into guaranteed bonuses the players gain money. Would you let your boss pay you 10,000 less if he guaranteed he would give it to you 3 years from now IF you still worked for the organization?

I know I wouldn't.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many players will agree to push money back a year or two into roster bonuses. By restructuring into guaranteed bonuses the players gain money. Would you let your boss pay you 10,000 less if he guaranteed he would give it to you 3 years from now IF you still worked for the organization?

I know I wouldn't.

Not in the NFL. That would be financial harikari.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I wouldn't.

LMAO come on man

if you were making a million a year base .... you would have plenty of money to push back .... we arent talking minimum wage workers

So making a million base .... you wouldnt let your boss say hmmmm we are gonna take x amount away this year hoping for better profits .... but if it doesnt work out and you are unemployed in 3 years .... you are guaranteed xxxxx millions?

you damn right you would jump on it

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got one question though .......

Topic is salary cap ..... So why are so many fuckers that dont care about the cap commenting?
I understand boredom .... but not to the extent of turning this into the Redskin board ... where all is heaven and you better not say anything bad about the team or situation

Dont become what you hate :suds:
I care about the cap and I tire of always being in cap hell so don't get me wrong. I'm just not overly invested in the specifics as you guys are. In fairness and both you and Jarntt forgive me if I've come off wrong this is absolutely the platform to discuss these things. I'm passionate about all things Cowboys including the cap but I just don't go as deep as you guys do. As for as me complain about this team because I accept our cap situation is asinine Twist....as always I appreciate your post even if I don't like your methods all the time. Oh and get off my Boy Dez's back jerk lol.

Much respect to all guys in our forum and thanks for bringing these things to the surface cause they should rightfully be discussed. I do see some of the points yall have expressed from a new perspective and may have slightly been persuaded to adjust my thinking a little and try and see both sides.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet through all this ..... havent figured out what you are pounding yet

all of a sudden seems like you are the biggest Jerry Jones fan there is ..... and every comment is fuck the future this year or bust

No....not at all, that's just your opinion on who is a quality poster and who isn't.
My opinion has been pretty clear through this whole process

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No....not at all, that's just your opinion on who is a quality poster and who isn't.
My opinion has been pretty clear through this whole process

dude I think you are a quality poster....... so we can move past that

but when the topic is the cap ..... and everyone jumps in with only this year matters ...... some of yall do make this seem like the skins board.

if the topic doesnt interest you you .... you arent forced to reply

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care about the cap and I tire of always being in cap hell so don't get me wrong. I'm just not overly invested in the specifics as you guys are. In fairness and both you and Jarntt forgive me if I've come off wrong this is absolutely the platform to discuss these things. I'm passionate about all things Cowboys including the cap but I just don't go as deep as you guys do. As for as me complain about this team because I accept our cap situation is asinine Twist....as always I appreciate your post even if I don't like your methods all the time. Oh and get off my Boy Dez's back jerk lol.

Much respect to all guys in our forum and thanks for bringing these things to the surface cause they should rightfully be discussed. I do see some of the points yall have expressed from a new perspective and may have slightly been persuaded to adjust my thinking a little and try and see both sides.

:suds: LOL snook you debate the way we ALL should. Always much respect for you.

My problem with Dez will always be the same .... the money he WILL make. Now if he goes through the year without fighting on the sideline or walking off the field .... I will feel more comfortable but that he has to earn (from me atleast)

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude I think you are a quality poster....... so we can move past that

but when the topic is the cap ..... and everyone jumps in with only this year matters ...... some of yall do make this seem like the skins board.

if the topic doesnt interest you you .... you arent forced to reply

reply? It's my thread and you should heed your own advise here

lets see....three nights ago the quality of my posts were certainly questioned by you.
so now if your opinion of cap hell is rebutted, we act like skin fans? Shoot....that could be said about you if you look at the posts you post and your constant reference to trolls. Find a mirror dude

The topic is an ass whip since it's been in play for well over 5 years now and nothing spells sure fire doom for years to come as you strongly indicate.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reply? It's my thread and you should heed your own advise here

lets see....three nights ago the quality of my posts were certainly questioned by you.
so now if your opinion of cap hell is rebutted, we act like skin fans? Shoot....that could be said about you if you look at the posts you post and your constant reference to trolls. Find a mirror dude

The topic is an ass whip since it's been in play for well over 5 years now and nothing spells sure fire doom for years to come as you strongly indicate.

No if my opinion isnt agreed with Doesnt make it shit ........ however ( and ive been pretty busy the past couple of days) the gang up on anyone that sees the cap for what it is DOES reek of the skins board.

And Pday to the me and you shit..... You think I wanna debate you because I dont like you? Too funny .... Actually if we keep it debate and dont go the preschool bullshit ..... I think we would bring out the best in each other ( as far as debating football goes) Now whether that old debater that used to exist before the trolls tried to take over espn is still in you or not ..... that much I dont know