• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cap Hell?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys need to read closer. I never said that or anything like it, so I'm not sure what you mean. I've never told anyone to find a new team because they disagreed with Jerry on something which is what was done in the post I was responding to. I was explaining why I thought his previous comment was off base because he asked me too I wasn't speaking about anyone else.

I also never said that the cap or restructures were a bigger problem than player evalautions (I don't think anyone did) so I'm not sure where that is coming from. But that isn't a discussion for this thread. I am basing my opinion on numbers and facts and I'm not getting any of that back in return so I keep trying to be clear what I am saying to see what the responses are and no one is addressing those points. You don't have to agree with them and I promise I won't be the one to say go find a new team or call you out for not agreeing. I've yet to see one reasonable explanation on why the restructures have been a good idea.

You an attorney jarntt? Seems you put yourself in a solid position with the bolded. I'm sorry, the entire thread was questioning one's own definition of cap hell and how that effects this team going forward. You bring up a good point with Ware, hated to see it end the way it did but has that been proven a mistake? Didn't we pretty much have to clear the money and take the dead money hit after the Romo signing? I happen to like the recover with melton after Hatcher. I think Melton healthy is a better football player. You gotta have stars and Melton right can be that at a younger age. The cap situation is nothing new...same shit different day is all I'm saying and appears to be what most not named you or twist are saying in this thread.

I posted this thread mostly because of all the doom forecasted by twist about harris, Dez, smith, murray and even our just completed rookie season by our center. We are not doomed. Dead money is part of NFL football. We have Jerry and his proven track record going all the way back to signing a 35M dollar cornerback. Did that really bring back what was expected for the money?...another topic all together.

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap hell is when you have to trim 23-30 mil. off the cap to get to 3 mil to sign your FA. Cap hell is when the cap cripples your team.

Most teams restructure to sign/keep their quality players. It is what they do. Your version of "cap hell" would put what? 60-70% of the teams under that definition?

BTW look back the last couple years at where we had to start with the cap & look at the 3+ mil we would start at next year & explain to me how it isnt better?
Also next year I think we have just 5+ mil dead money. Which has been an improvement as well. Like I said. We simply arent gonna look at what we think of "cap hell" the same.
That doesnt mean I think we are doing great with the cap, doesnt mean I am not looking at the future, doesnt mean I am a this year or bust fan or any of the other silly shit you clump everyone that disagrees with you about.
It means we disagree on the meaning "cap hell" :suds:

We are far from crippled.

what you are talking about is ripping apart and REBUILDING that's different from cap hell ..... but its the very thing I think we are pushing ourselves to have to do in the future(2-3 years)

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and since I'm again on the edge of my seat.

This board is nothing like the redskins board. You want to see some ganging up and political correctness debates driven into the ground, look no further than US patent office cancels Redskinstrademark registration thread. I'd take 10 posters here over their most astute football poster there. It's an agenda there and baiting is all part of it as long as their team stays within 500

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this thread mostly because of all the doom forecasted by twist about harris, Dez, smith, murray and even our just completed rookie season by our center. We are not doomed. Dead money is part of NFL football. We have Jerry and his proven track record going all the way back to signing a 35M dollar cornerback. Did that really bring back what was expected for the money?...another topic all together.

Our list of free agents next year is long .... most of which arent "superstars" but players that I think bring value to this team ...... MOST of which we wont be able to resign because of our cap situation. Which the sad part is none will get superstar contracts ...... blue collar team players we wont be able to afford to bring back

That is the sad part of our cap situation

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and since I'm again on the edge of my seat.

This board is nothing like the redskins board. You want to see some ganging up and political correctness debates driven into the ground, look no further than US patent office cancels Redskinstrademark registration thread. I'd take 10 posters here over their most astute football poster there. It's an agenda there and baiting is all part of it as long as their team stays within 500

I agree

and I never want this board to ever head in that direction or even seem as if it might

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should turn an 8-8 roster over every 2/3 years if you can't develop the blue collar players into more......

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should turn an 8-8 roster over every 2/3 years if you can't develop the blue collar players into more......

ok I can agree with that

if we add in one point .....

Shouldnt OVERPAY players on a 3 year 8-8 roster either .... agree?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok I can agree with that

if we add in one point .....

Shouldnt OVERPAY players on a 3 year 8-8 roster either .... agree?
well you are gonna be upset when we sign Dez :becky: :ss:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to try to guess what others opinions of the term "Cap Hell" is. Perhaps one person thinks cap hell just means you are having issues and another it means you can't even field a team and others are somewhere in the middle. But, I wasn't really addressing the term Cap Hell at all for most of the thread. What I've mostly been trying to explain since my first post in this thread is that the $8.5M is misleading because of what it took for us to get there. That was why I showed how the Giants could immediately leap frog us if they acted the way we did with their QB's contract.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to try to guess what others opinions of the term "Cap Hell" is. Perhaps one person thinks cap hell just means you are having issues and another it means you can't even field a team and others are somewhere in the middle. But, I wasn't really addressing the term Cap Hell at all for most of the thread. What I've mostly been trying to explain since my first post in this thread is that the $8.5M is misleading because of what it took for us to get there. That was why I showed how the Giants could immediately leap frog us if they acted the way we did with their QB's contract.
just FYI.
I understood your point from the beginning.
In a thread awhile back I also was hoping we could figure out a way to eat the full 27.7 mil of Romo's this coming year, just to make our future hit from him when he does retire not so hard, but I dont see to many other players we could restructure realistically to fit Dez into, but if we could figure it out. that would be awesome.
Hopefully when we do restructure Romo it is just the part we need to get the players signed & not just make his game checks min. wage & guarentee the rest. (maxing it out like normal) Dont think we need to do that.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me cap hell is where you have put yourself into a position where you cannot afford to get better. ( Be it resigning your own or signing a free agent)

So yes ... by my definition ... we are in cap hell

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also understood your position. I just don't think it's at all about leap frog or looking good. It wasn't my intention when posting the thread. Pretty darn good football players will come available this August and Dallas will add to their roster because they are playing for this year. I don't have a problem with them not being like the giants. Call it cap hell or whatever term you desire.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez will get what- 14 mill per yr ????

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez will get what- 14 mill per yr ????

top 5 receivers in the league make between 12-17 a year

the more he gets compared to Johnson the higher he gets to the 17

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that 99% of the time when someone's reponse in a discussion is "accept it or find a new team" it's because they really can't make a case that the other persons point is invalid. The whole idea of this board is to discuss the Dallas Cowboys and that includes the negatives. To act as if someone can't have a negative opinion on a topic without saying they should move on is kind of weak. To be honest I'm not really even talking about opinion on the subject. I'm talking about documented facts of what has occured. It's Math, not player evaluation or how many games we will win this year type of stuff.

The problem is you focused on one point of a three point statement. I didn't say You should give up being a fan lol nor did am i'm saying these things shouldn't be discussed. Again IMO you generally have those 3 options. To clarify when I say accepted imo your basically trying to tolerate that bad time until it passes. I still don't see that as a cop out or a major point of contention. It's just my opinion and heck if we agreed on everything it would be boring.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and when was that ever a secret?
I know it is no secret. Dez being a risk to sign is one of the things we agree on.
I was just stirring it up with those that think Dez is a sure thing. (just having fun)

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is no secret. Dez being a risk to sign is one of the things we agree on.
I was just stirring it up with those that think Dez is a sure thing. (just having fun)

ah ok

I have always been hard on the cap situation ... but I think losing Lee so early was the button that was finally pushed.

I see us finally having not just a good O-line but possibly a top 2-3 O-line .... With the right coaching ... a running game. Which to me is building the right way ......

It's gonna kill me if in a few years we lose one of these O-linemen because we restructured someone or over paid someone and it bites us in the ass.

Dont care who the receiver is ..... he wont be but so good if the Qb doesnt have time to get him the ball