• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can't Overlook Seattle

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that the 49ers don't have any explosive players on offense..

I know he's been injured, but when healthy-this Frank Gore guy is able to "explode" for long TDs. I'd also consider Vernon Davis as "explosive".

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know he's been injured, but when healthy-this Frank Gore guy is able to "explode" for long TDs. I'd also consider Vernon Davis as "explosive".

Since when? He always gets caught from behind when he breaks away. I'd bet he gets caught like that more than any top tailback in the game. Davis has to learn to catch the ball, run better routes and actually make the first guy miss before I'd consider him explosive.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far so good.... dbag Colin Cowherd is picking Seattle to upset the 49ers and "Lynch will score 2 TD's"... now if Frank Caliendo picks Seattle as well, all things are pointing to a 49er win.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when? He always gets caught from behind when he breaks away. I'd bet he gets caught like that more than any top tailback in the game. Davis has to learn to catch the ball, run better routes and actually make the first guy miss before I'd consider him explosive.

Since his rookie year. Other than Chris Johnson, MJD, and shady McCoy- who doesn't get caught from behind on a regular basis Negative Nancy?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing we need to utilize more in the last 2 games/playoffs is something we finally used last game. The screen pass to Hunter, it got a first down and some nice yardage.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since his rookie year. Other than Chris Johnson, MJD, and shady McCoy- who doesn't get caught from behind on a regular basis Negative Nancy?

Don't get me wrong, I think he is one of the better RBs in the game, but his strength is quick bursts not breakaway runs. I just don't think he is "explosive" as you said he was. That is reserved for the guys you mentioned above as well as Adrian Peterson and Darren McFadden.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

just a comment and not trying to really HATE on Davis..........this last game i tried to watch him as much as TV allows, to me his 4.3 speed doesn't show up? we keep thinking of his 40 but in real games, he looks as fast as any TE?

unless he's running downfield full blast on a seam route, is he explosive? if he runs shorter TE routes, he doesn't seem to get open fast enough?

he doesn't break as much tackles as i thought he could? think we have to start being realistic, this is his 6th season.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that in the Chicago game Lynch rushed for just 42 yards on 20 carries and the Seahawks still managed to put up 38 points. They've been getting it done all around. The pass game is putting up points, the run game is putting up points, even the defense is either scoring or getting turnovers to set up scores. During the last 6 games the Seahawks D has been giving up less than 15 points per game while forcing 18 turnovers.

San Fransisco can win this game as they are a very good team. But it's going to come down to more than just shutting down Lynch. The Seahawks are good on both sides of the ball for the first time in a long time. And Seattle is a much better team now than the Seattle you guys played in week 1.

Good luck this week and GO Seahawks! :)

I would argue that EVERY team in the NFL is better the the team they were in week 1 from a lockout standpoint (except maybe Buffalo...just saying'). But with the Niners, its even more the case as well. The Niners had a new coach, new offense, new defensive scheme (although still a 34, Fangio is MUCH more aggressive then Manusky was), a whole slew of FA signings trying to figure out where they fit, and an identity of a team up in the air based on the ridiculous amount of turnover going into this year. Seattle may be improved from week 1, but I would argue that the Niners are the most improved team in the NFL from week 1.

As far as how well Seattle has done in the passing game...I think that plays to our strengths. We take the running game away, then pin Aldon and the DL ears back and get after the QB. Bowman and Willis (and recently Grant) have done a great job taking away the release valves, and our safety play is MUCH improved from week 1, where I believe we were starting Williams over Goldson. Our defense forces offenses to become one dimensional and then take them out of their respective comfort zone. I think it will be a great game, but because the Niners typically don't turn the ball over, I feel as if the Niners win this one by 10.

Niners 20
Hawks 10

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Your join date, your location and the "Go Hawkeyes" thing told me who you were. Welcome! That Pittsburgh game surprise you?

What surprised me was that Tomlin actually let Big Ben play. He shouldn't even have been in uniform, let alone playing in that game. But the 9ers dominated them as they should've against a QB playing at about 10%. If Ben was healthy I think he completes alot of those passes that were picked off and incomplete. Hell, he still threw for over 300 yards! As much as they dominated the first half, they were still only one play away from losing. But a win is a win, and it's fun watching games once again. Aldon Smith is a beast! I still think that we're a true #1 WR and QB away from being a serious SB contender. The next few years should be fun, unlike the last 9! Happy Holidays!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'm sure he may have completed a few more passes and who knows about the picks.... but the niners are where they are because they take advantage of the opportunities when they're presented. An injured Ben against another defense i don't think would've had 3 picks. The Niners D is just THAT good. And thats why i think we have a chance against anyone in the league.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that EVERY team in the NFL is better the the team they were in week 1 from a lockout standpoint (except maybe Buffalo...just saying'). But with the Niners, its even more the case as well. The Niners had a new coach, new offense, new defensive scheme (although still a 34, Fangio is MUCH more aggressive then Manusky was), a whole slew of FA signings trying to figure out where they fit, and an identity of a team up in the air based on the ridiculous amount of turnover going into this year. Seattle may be improved from week 1, but I would argue that the Niners are the most improved team in the NFL from week 1.

As far as how well Seattle has done in the passing game...I think that plays to our strengths. We take the running game away, then pin Aldon and the DL ears back and get after the QB. Bowman and Willis (and recently Grant) have done a great job taking away the release valves, and our safety play is MUCH improved from week 1, where I believe we were starting Williams over Goldson. Our defense forces offenses to become one dimensional and then take them out of their respective comfort zone. I think it will be a great game, but because the Niners typically don't turn the ball over, I feel as if the Niners win this one by 10.

Niners 20
Hawks 10

I'm gonna disagree that every team is better. I can't look at teams like the New York Giants or Oakland Raiders and say that they are better now than they were at the start of the season. I'd say Oakland is about the same (mediocre) and the Giants have declined quite a bit (as is the usual for them under Coughlin save their super bowl run). Those are just a few examples, there's definitely others: Cincinnati, Cleveland, St. Louis etc.

I also think it's hard to argue that San Fransisco has improved more than Seattle from the start of the season. The 9ers started 7-1, while Seattle started 2-6, including a 6-3 loss to Cleveland and a 24-0 loss to Pittsburgh with Seattle generating just 165 and 190 yards of offense respectively. Since those starts Seattle actually has a better record than San Fransisco, although neither team has played a particularly tough schedule (SF has a good win against Pitt, while Seattle has a good win against Baltimore).

I will agree however that the game is going to be very good. It should be a defensive battle and I think you're being too generous giving San Fran 20 points. San Fransisco has lost 2 road games in a row and they've only managed 20 points on the road twice this season. Also I wouldn't have been caught dead saying this at the start of the season, but I'll take TJax over Skeletor. The 9ers may not turn the ball over much but if there's any stadium in the league that could rattle the 9er O it's CenturyLink.

Anyway here's to a good game. The 49ers may very well make me look foolish and I'll be back here Saturday night to congratulate you guys if that happens. But I will say that this is the 2nd week in a row that I am actually expecting the Seahawks to win a game against an opponent with a better record. I can't even remember the last time I expected that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it will be a tough game. i agree with most of what you said. I think it will be a defensive battle but i think seattle's offense has a bigger challenge then the niner's offense. I don't expect a lot of points scored unless scored by special teams and defense. we had a hiccup against arizona. but we adjusted and learned from it and dominated the game against pitt. because its a road game i think it will be tough. but our d is just so dominant right now that the hawks will have to be on top of their game, and then some to beat us. we figured things out after the az loss. play calling was much better, the oline much better, our d much better, and our confidence was renewed. of course anything can happen....thats why they play the games. but for the hawks to win, they're gonna have to play their best game of the season.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VD Kyle Williams and Hunter are explosive hands down and Ginn

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I think he is one of the better RBs in the game, but his strength is quick bursts not breakaway runs. I just don't think he is "explosive" as you said he was. That is reserved for the guys you mentioned above as well as Adrian Peterson and Darren McFadden.

Ok, so I'll agree that his "explosiveness" is more in quick bursts not breakaway runs.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a comment and not trying to really HATE on Davis..........this last game i tried to watch him as much as TV allows, to me his 4.3 speed doesn't show up? we keep thinking of his 40 but in real games, he looks as fast as any TE?

unless he's running downfield full blast on a seam route, is he explosive? if he runs shorter TE routes, he doesn't seem to get open fast enough?

he doesn't break as much tackles as i thought he could? think we have to start being realistic, this is his 6th season.

I'll agree that his speed shows up on seam routes and post patterns. He isn't super quick off the line, but his true speed isn't recognized until he gets his stride going. His explosiveness isn't a burst off the line of scrimmage.

He's shown moments of explosiveness throughout his career, but isn't consistent- just like his hands aren't consistent catching passes.

"Explosive" seems to be a subjective term here. Perhaps "elite talent" is a better description? Then it will be a discussion regarding who on this team has recognized their elite talent :)

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What surprised me was that Tomlin actually let Big Ben play. He shouldn't even have been in uniform, let alone playing in that game. But the 9ers dominated them as they should've against a QB playing at about 10%. If Ben was healthy I think he completes alot of those passes that were picked off and incomplete. Hell, he still threw for over 300 yards! As much as they dominated the first half, they were still only one play away from losing. But a win is a win, and it's fun watching games once again. Aldon Smith is a beast! I still think that we're a true #1 WR and QB away from being a serious SB contender. The next few years should be fun, unlike the last 9! Happy Holidays!!!

That is what worries me. Their margin for error is so tight that one mistake can cost them a game that they dominate. Merry Christmas to all of yours.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm gonna disagree that every team is better. I can't look at teams like the New York Giants or Oakland Raiders and say that they are better now than they were at the start of the season. I'd say Oakland is about the same (mediocre) and the Giants have declined quite a bit (as is the usual for them under Coughlin save their super bowl run). Those are just a few examples, there's definitely others: Cincinnati, Cleveland, St. Louis etc.

I also think it's hard to argue that San Fransisco has improved more than Seattle from the start of the season. The 9ers started 7-1, while Seattle started 2-6, including a 6-3 loss to Cleveland and a 24-0 loss to Pittsburgh with Seattle generating just 165 and 190 yards of offense respectively. Since those starts Seattle actually has a better record than San Fransisco, although neither team has played a particularly tough schedule (SF has a good win against Pitt, while Seattle has a good win against Baltimore).

I will agree however that the game is going to be very good. It should be a defensive battle and I think you're being too generous giving San Fran 20 points. San Fransisco has lost 2 road games in a row and they've only managed 20 points on the road twice this season. Also I wouldn't have been caught dead saying this at the start of the season, but I'll take TJax over Skeletor. The 9ers may not turn the ball over much but if there's any stadium in the league that could rattle the 9er O it's CenturyLink.

Anyway here's to a good game. The 49ers may very well make me look foolish and I'll be back here Saturday night to congratulate you guys if that happens. But I will say that this is the 2nd week in a row that I am actually expecting the Seahawks to win a game against an opponent with a better record. I can't even remember the last time I expected that.

Agreed. Add Green Bay to that list as well.