• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

can we stop pretending harbaugh is the answer?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a QB IS harbaughs problem. And one he isn’t fixing. Harbaugh has 4 top 300 QBs right now Patterson was the #1 QBs recruit in the nation. The fact that he has yet to develop any web that he recruited to the program is a major issue. The talent is there the coaching and development is not.
Patterson was a dud and we all told you that from day one and none of you idiots would listen. How you think a kid that lost his job at Ole Miss was going to be the savior is beyond me.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you replace him with. It is like our coach he is going to get you 10 wins every year, but he is going to get out coached 2-3 times a year. Very frustrating

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a QB IS harbaughs problem. And one he isn’t fixing. Harbaugh has 4 top 300 QBs right now Patterson was the #1 QBs recruit in the nation. The fact that he has yet to develop any web that he recruited to the program is a major issue. The talent is there the coaching and development is not.

You're incapable of calling Jimmy Jam what he really is aren't you? He's overrated. Although I like how you said the other day if you ignore his losses to Ohio State his record vs. ranked teams isn't bad. He's now 5-12 vs. top 15 teams. Take the losses to Ohio State away & he's 5-8. You call that a good record? Homers will always homer. Oh yeah he's also now 0-8 as the underdog since his glorious return to ann arbor.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're incapable of calling Jimmy Jam what he really is aren't you? He's overrated. Although I like how you said the other day if you ignore his losses to Ohio State his record vs. ranked teams isn't bad. He's now 5-12 vs. top 15 teams. Take the losses to Ohio State away & he's 5-8. You call that a good record? Homers will always homer. Oh yeah he's also now 0-8 as the underdog since his glorious return to ann arbor.
No, I said OSU is his problem. If he beats OSU games like yesterday don't matter. If Harbaugh beats OSU we likely have two B10 title appearances in 4 years. Yesterday's game doesn't bother me as much as what happened vs Wisconsin. Atl east yesterday it came down to a dropped ball in the endzone to end the game. In terms of his 9 million dollar salary, yeah -- he isn't worth that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan needs to start looking for the "next Michigan man"

It honestly doesn’t matter — UM will continue to be what they are, no matter who they get as coach.

They don’t have the elite in state talent the other blue bloods do for their recruiting base. The closest state with elite talent is where our Ohio State is located. So they will have a year every once in a while where they finish in the top 5, but they will continue to be a top 15 type school with 2-3 losses every year.

It is the same reason I said Nebraska will never be a top program again. Having to rely on recruiting nationally and pulling elite recruits from the South from the truly elite programs isn’t a winning formula.

I was excited about the Harbaugh hire because the one thing that can jump that trend is getting an elite QB and that was supposed to be his wheelhouse. That hasn’t happened and UM gets exposed when they play anyone with talent near them as a team.

It sucks to say it, but I don’t see UM being a national ‘power’. I see them more as a quality B1G team who may beat OSU once in a blue moon. But the only national program in the B1G anymore is OSU and it will be like that for a long time, unless Michigan HS football takes a huge jump in talent, which I don’t see happening.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I said OSU is his problem. If he beats OSU games like yesterday don't matter. If Harbaugh beats OSU we likely have two B10 title appearances in 4 years. Yesterday's game doesn't bother me as much as what happened vs Wisconsin. Atl east yesterday it came down to a dropped ball in the endzone to end the game. In terms of his 9 million dollar salary, yeah -- he isn't worth that.

If Ohio State's his only problem why does he have a losing record vs. ranked teams? Why has he not won a game on the road as an underdog? Here are some of Jimmy Jam's greatest hits.

5-12 vs. ranked teams
0-8 as an underdog since 2015 (only P5 team without a win)
1-7 on the road vs. ranked teams
1-10 vs. top 10 teams

But, but, but Ohio State is Jimmy Jam's only problem right? Your nonstop homerism is hilarious. No matter what it's never JH's fault.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It honestly doesn’t matter — UM will continue to be what they are, no matter who they get as coach.

They don’t have the elite in state talent the other blue bloods do for their recruiting base. The closest state with elite talent is where our Ohio State is located. So they will have a year every once in a while where they finish in the top 5, but they will continue to be a top 15 type school with 2-3 losses every year.

It is the same reason I said Nebraska will never be a top program again. Having to rely on recruiting nationally and pulling elite recruits from the South from the truly elite programs isn’t a winning formula.

I was excited about the Harbaugh hire because the one thing that can jump that trend is getting an elite QB and that was supposed to be his wheelhouse. That hasn’t happened and UM gets exposed when they play anyone with talent near them as a team.

It sucks to say it, but I don’t see UM being a national ‘power’. I see them more as a quality B1G team who may beat OSU once in a blue moon. But the only national program in the B1G anymore is OSU and it will be like that for a long time, unless Michigan HS football takes a huge jump in talent, which I don’t see happening.

Damn

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After you fire Harbs who would you replace him with? Great coaches are hard to come by. Look at FSU, Tennessee, Miami, Texas, Nebraska, SoCal, etc. They were big time programs, a couple of them are even "bluebloods," and they are floundering in mediocrity or just straight suck. Is there a great coach out there that could take Michigan to the next level?

Dude, Michigan could get Saban, Dabo or Bill Belichick or anyone they want because they're Michigan and they were a great program before WW2, just ask any Michigan fan.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ohio State's his only problem why does he have a losing record vs. ranked teams? Why has he not won a game on the road as an underdog? Here are some of Jimmy Jam's greatest hits.

5-12 vs. ranked teams
0-8 as an underdog since 2015 (only P5 team without a win)
1-7 on the road vs. ranked teams
1-10 vs. top 10 teams

But, but, but Ohio State is Jimmy Jam's only problem right? Your nonstop homerism is hilarious. No matter what to you it's never JH's fault.
The stats aren't good. We haven't beaten any good teams on the road. All of our decent wins have come at home. It's a problem. What else you want me to say? But, say in a magical world where the CFB gods don't hate us, we beat OSU this year. I won't give a shit about losing to PSU and Wisconsin on the road.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats aren't good. We haven't beaten any good teams on the road. All of our decent wins have come at home. It's a problem. What else you want me to say? But, say in a magical world where the CFB gods don't hate us, we beat OSU this year. I won't give a shit about losing to PSU and Wisconsin on the road.

The CFB gods hate you? :crazy: You really are one of (if not the biggest) homers on SportsHoopla. You just can't say the truth. meeeechegan isn't the great program you've pimped up nonstop for 4 years in a row. And his coaching #'s aren't good. They're awful.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just being honest. And it isn’t going to get any easier for UM. The high school who has fed them many of their top players from Detroit — Cass Tech, is 3-4 this year, so that pipeline isn’t going to help them anytime soon.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFB gods hate you? :crazy: You really are one of (if not the biggest) homers on SportsHoopla. You just can't say the truth. meeeechegan isn't the great program you've pimped up nonstop for 4 years in a row. And his coaching #'s aren't good. They're awful.
What's funny is that you've gone beyond rational criticism of what's going on and entered a homer realm of your own. Michigan is one of the wealthiest programs in the country with one of the largest fan bases and constantly pulls in top 15 classes. No, we aren't meeting expectations. But the reason people complain about 10 win seasons here is because we aren't Iowa and the expectations are higher. Things aren't going great right now, but we aren't Rutgers. Just last week we beat a ranked team but there's some serious issues with player development and offensive playcalling within this current staff.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is that you've gone beyond rational criticism of what's going on and entered a homer realm of your own. Michigan is one of the wealthiest programs in the country with one of the largest fan bases and constantly pulls in top 15 classes. No, we aren't meeting expectations. But the reason people complain about 10 win seasons here is because we aren't Iowa and the expectations are higher. Things aren't going great right now, but we aren't Rutgers. Just last week we beat a ranked team but there's some serious issues with player development and offensive playcalling within this current staff.

How have I entered a homer realm? All I've done is list stuff JH has actually done. I haven't made anything up.

"just last week we beat a ranked team"

Your homerism just never stops. So last Saturday (11-12-19) Illinois was a ranked team? Holy shit. There really is something wrong with you.

"things are going great right now"

Except JH's record vs. Ohio State, Michigan State & ND (2-7). And except his bowl record (1-3). And except his record vs. ranked teams (5-12). And except his record as an underdog on the road (0-7). And except his road record vs. ranked team (1-6).

But you keep telling yourself things are great in ann arbor. All that money your team rakes in obviously can't buy wins against good teams.

Keep it crazy mNb09. It's what you do best.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How have I entered a homer realm? All I've done is list stuff JH has actually done. I haven't made anything up.

"just last week we beat a ranked team"

Your homerism just never stops. So last Saturday (11-12-19) Illinois was a ranked team? Holy shit. There really is something wrong with you.

"things are going great right now"

Except JH's record vs. Ohio State, Michigan State & ND (2-7). And except his bowl record (1-3). And except his record vs. ranked teams (5-12). And except his record an as underdog on the road (0-7). And except his road record vs. ranked team (1-6).

But you keep telling yourself things are great in ann arbor. All that money your team rakes in obviously can't buy wins against good teams.

Keep it crazy mNb09. It's what you do best.
He was off by a week as they beat Iowa 2 weeks ago. But he said "aren't going great" not are going great.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After you fire Harbs who would you replace him with? Great coaches are hard to come by. Look at FSU, Tennessee, Miami, Texas, Nebraska, SoCal, etc. They were big time programs, a couple of them are even "bluebloods," and they are floundering in mediocrity or just straight suck. Is there a great coach out there that could take Michigan to the next level?
THIS :agree::10:

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scar will probably never be the elite program they would like to be until they get the 1 team that wins it all.. and can take away some of the shine of Clemson.. not enough in state talent to get them there..

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like transitives. Michigan lost to a team that got beat by Illinois. hahaha

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1