• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we please stop bringing up Jon Grudens name every single time a coaching vacancy opens up?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. He won a superbowl with Tony Dungy's players. Then after that super bowl they didn't do anything but make it to two wild card games which they lost.

Guy might be the most overrated coach of all time.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My local high school team is looking for a new head coach and rumor has it Jon Gruden is being considered.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. He won a superbowl with Tony Dungy's players. Then after that super bowl they didn't do anything but make it to two wild card games which they lost.

Guy might be the most overrated coach of all time.

Stop this. It's such a fucking lazy take that everyone (especially around MN) likes to use. "Gruden didn't do shit, it was all Dungy" (Tony Dungy was in the AFC getting blasted 41-0 by the Jets).

Gruden got past the Eagles, Dungy never could.

Gruden mimicked Gannon so well in practice that Lynch said the Superbowl was just like practice.

He got run out of a broken down Brad Johnson and turned a career journeyman like Gannon into an MVP.

Not to mention getting screwed by the Tuck Rule and fat ass Siragusa cheap shooting Gannon the two years before he was traded to Tampa Bay.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Gruden on whether or not John Gruden could return to the NFL as a head coach after being away for a decade:

I tell you what. This guy. If anyone could do it, it's this guy. I've always wanted to see this guy come back and show what he could do after ten years away. Wow. I tell you what.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden - Unsigned Free Agent - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports ESPN analyst Jon Gruden "has become a focal point" on the Rams' list of head-coaching candidates.

Per Robinson, the Rams are "moving toward a meeting" with Gruden, and Gruden would be "inclined to listen" if the Rams grant him authority over personnel. There's already a built-in connection, as Rams COO Kevin Demoff worked with Gruden in Tampa Bay. Gruden also reportedly "believes in" Jared Goff, and thinks he has "the stuff to be a franchise quarterback." Gruden hasn't coached in eight years. There would be some worry that the game has passed him by, though it's important to note how close he's remained to the sport as the Monday Night Football analyst, in addition to his annual QB camps on ESPN with draft-eligible passers. Gruden would qualify as a "splash hire" the Rams are aiming for in L.A.

Sources: Jon Gruden a focal point in L.A. Rams' coaching search

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Saints would be open to trading head coach Sean Payton this offseason.
The Saints are 5-8 this season and it appears that Drew Brees, who has one year remaining on his contract, might not be long for New Orleans. The same goes for Payton as the Saints appear to be headed for a full-fledged rebuild. With ownership questions and a tricky cap situation to contend with, getting Brees' contract off the books could save New Orleans a much-needed $40 million. Payton was pursued by the Dolphins and 49ers last offseason before agreeing to a five-year extension through 2020. With Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh reportedly uninterested, Payton could be a name to watch as the Rams look to fill their head coaching vacancy. Dec 18 - 10:07 AM

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds that Gruden says yes to the Rams just because Sonny made this thread?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden makes a coaches wage and has a cushy job - he gets to travel, watch tape and still be respected and around the game - it's like being a coach with none of the bullshit. He's already been to the mountain top and has more to lose than to gain by going back to the NFL. I don't see it.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden makes a coaches wage and has a cushy job - he gets to travel, watch tape and still be respected and around the game - it's like being a coach with none of the bullshit. He's already been to the mountain top and has more to lose than to gain by going back to the NFL. I don't see it.

Everybody has a price

1487414_o.gif

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop this. It's such a fucking lazy take that everyone (especially around MN) likes to use. "Gruden didn't do shit, it was all Dungy" (Tony Dungy was in the AFC getting blasted 41-0 by the Jets).

Gruden got past the Eagles, Dungy never could.

Gruden mimicked Gannon so well in practice that Lynch said the Superbowl was just like practice.

He got run out of a broken down Brad Johnson and turned a career journeyman like Gannon into an MVP.

Not to mention getting screwed by the Tuck Rule and fat ass Siragusa cheap shooting Gannon the two years before he was traded to Tampa Bay.

His claim to fame is that his former (dull witted) assistant didn't change the playbook one iota when he left and they ended up meeting in the SB and Gruden is a suddenly a genius. If the Raiders had a competent coach I think they would have mud stomped that mediocre Bucs team.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His claim to fame is that his former (dull witted) assistant didn't change the playbook one iota when he left and they ended up meeting in the SB and Gruden is a suddenly a genius. If the Raiders had a competent coach I think they would have mud stomped that mediocre Bucs team.

Mediocre? It was one of the greatest defenses of the last 20 years. Callahan being an idiot didn't change that Gruden planned perfectly for them and how to attack them, specifically their MVP QB. Offensively they had talent as well.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre? It was one of the greatest defenses of the last 20 years. Callahan being an idiot didn't change that Gruden planned perfectly for them and how to attack them, specifically their MVP QB. Offensively they had talent as well.

Maybe I should give the Bucs defense a bit more credit, but it doesn't change the fact that Gruden didn't need to be a genius to coach his players to see formations/plays that HE originally drew up. Besides I think that Oakland had the type of offense that could, with a competent coach give Tampa's defense fits.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Gruden go find the nearest black hole and call it a day.

That guy is annoying to no end. Yah he did some good things with a stacked Raiders team, then took over a Dungy Super Bowl built team which might've been the easiest inherited Super Bowl win ever. "Oh look, they have a ridiculous front 4, the best cover 2 linebacker in NFL history, and a great CB and hard hitting safety. BOY this looks difficult!"

Meanwhile, this clown is the MOST ANNOYING douchenozzle announcer. He constantly pushes bias, blames refs and talks about the refs 24/7, makes absurd claims, cuts everyone off, and has STUPID shit named after him like Gruden Grinders and all that crap.

I can't offer anyone who loves Gruden any advice, except die in a fire.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden: “Right now, I have no intentions of coaching. I really enjoy what I am doing I’m close to the fire, and I’m getting plenty of satisfaction from what I’m doing,’ Gruden stated on Mike and Mike this morning when asked about the Rams interest in him.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Gruden go find the nearest black hole and call it a day.

That guy is annoying to no end. Yah he did some good things with a stacked Raiders team, then took over a Dungy Super Bowl built team which might've been the easiest inherited Super Bowl win ever. "Oh look, they have a ridiculous front 4, the best cover 2 linebacker in NFL history, and a great CB and hard hitting safety. BOY this looks difficult!"

Meanwhile, this clown is the MOST ANNOYING douchenozzle announcer. He constantly pushes bias, blames refs and talks about the refs 24/7, makes absurd claims, cuts everyone off, and has STUPID shit named after him like Gruden Grinders and all that crap.

I can't offer anyone who loves Gruden any advice, except die in a fire.

I'll die in a fire when you actually stop contradicting yourself. You talked about how stacked that Raiders team was without giving him credit for stacking it. Then you rip him for taking Dungy's team 2 wins farther than Dungy ever could. The Eagles owned the Bucs before Gruden.

I could not give two shits about him as an announcer. I barely listen to the TV during football games. I'll either turn the sound off and sync it to the radio with Harlan or have a conversation with my friends.