• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Warren Moon do everyone a favor and shut the hell up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol just kill this thread,it may have had some merit a few years ago but DangeRuss and others are gonna prove many wrong.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how fast this thread degenerated. Moon is entitled to his opinions and I believe he is at least partially right, even if I don't think the problems are as bad as he does. We are in a different era and things are improving for equality all across the board. I remember people complaining about interracial marriage when I was a kid and I've seen a lot of prejudicial treatment throughout my life. I don't think Moon has asked anyone to feel sorry for him in any way. All I've ever heard him say is pointing out when he feels there are questions about current players. He helps QB's at every level and I know he doesn't just help the black ones. You have people up here with preconceived notions about race in the NFL and at least a couple of people who really don't like Moon who are also clearly letting those feelings dictate their opinions on this. All the same to me. Whether we see it or not it is his reality and who am I to question it.

Lol I was just thinking the same thing.

I left last night with what I thought was a very thoughtful post on my thesis for why African Americans have struggled with poverty and attaining high level positions in the NFL and in the business world in general and come back to see something about blacks not being able to swim?

Well that went down-hill fast.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol just kill this thread,it may have had some merit a few years ago but DangeRuss and others are gonna prove many wrong.

Not trying to be a prick but does Russell Wilson really count that much? I ask this because he's half black half white.

So if it's a race thing I'm not sure where Russell Wilson fits in there since he is biracial...

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please,lol you know as well as I do that due to no ownership of property that put African americans back a few generations monetary wise,that has been written about ad nas.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I put 234 on ignore I don't want to look at his posts and his innuendo.

I am not kidding I do not wish to see a post by this person again,he's a jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please,lol you know as well as I do that due to no ownership of property that put African americans back a few generations monetary wise,that has been written about ad nas.

I think the bigger problem is within African American "culture" where having aspirations to be a doctor or lawyer is being a "sell-out", but having aspirations to be an athlete or rapper is being "true to your race".

Obviously being born in an environment where you have money is massively helpful but I believe that in America even a kid coming from a poor family can someday work his way to a middle/high income status if he works hard.

I don't believe it's the lack of inheritance or property but more so the lack of accessibility to good schools. I consider myself a moderate and can completely understand why someone would completely disagree with this opinion but the fact that property taxes pay for school districts I think is asinine. It puts certain schools at an obvious advantage to others, we all want the best for our kids but I believe everyone should get an equal playing field.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have said this on every forum,you really have a beef with me we can meet at a bar in Bellevue or anywhere of your choice in western Wa,and yah it pisses me off when people do assumptions too,so either step the fuck up,im game.

Lol? What's your problem? I never insulted you or said anything rude to you. Chill the fuck out internet tough guy.

The only comment of yours I responded to was the one where you mentioned transfers of wealth and the one where I said I'm not sure how much Russell Wilson counts as an "African American" QB.

Chill the fuck out dude I've got no problem with you.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash dipshit go write your thing about race and football with Warren Moon if he wants but don't you put me into some boat like you did.

Guys like you posting this shit goes to show more about you than anything,last I checked this is a football forum,go to Huffington post or firedoglake but don't you ever dare to insinuate I am a racist you prick.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash dipshit go write your thing about race and football with Warren Moon if he wants but don't you put me into some boat like you did.

Guys like you posting this shit goes to show more about you than anything,last I checked this is a football forum,go to Huffington post or firedoglake but don't you ever dare to insinuate I am a racist you prick.

Dude I didn't insinuate you were racist... What the hell are you talking about? I didn't imply anyone on here is racist. I think you've got me mistaken for someone else man.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no problem with you and have not insulted you, chill out bro. We're both Seahawks fans, same side man.

If you think I insulted you, post what I said that offended you and we can discuss it. Seriously I think either you have mistaken me for someone else or you misunderstood something I said. If there was something I said that bothered you, post it and I will clarify. Nothing I said was meant to offend anyone lol.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I was just thinking the same thing.

I left last night with what I thought was a very thoughtful post on my thesis for why African Americans have struggled with poverty and attaining high level positions in the NFL and in the business world in general and come back to see something about blacks not being able to swim?

Well that went down-hill fast.

Yup,hill and fast straight to the gutter huh.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup,hill and fast straight to the gutter huh.

You cannot be serious.

I simply remarked that the conversation went from something serious/football related to a conversation about swimming.

Seriously if that offends you then you really need to relax.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, either someone was drunk or has some serious sand in their mangina. Maybe its some leftovers from ESPN? Don't know, but this got off the hook fast. Why do you guys have to make it so personal? Disagree and debate the ideas, but this isn't cBS or ESPN. The trolls and hardcore fighting is over. Time to ramp it down and find civility. Seriously.

We are all Seahawk fans and will face enough taunting and fighting with SF fans that we don't need to feed on our own lol. I don't agree with all of you, but when it gets to the point where it is getting so personal it is time to step back and find some common ground.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, either someone was drunk or has some serious sand in their mangina. Maybe its some leftovers from ESPN? Don't know, but this got off the hook fast. Why do you guys have to make it so personal? Disagree and debate the ideas, but this isn't cBS or ESPN. The trolls and hardcore fighting is over. Time to ramp it down and find civility. Seriously.

We are all Seahawk fans and will face enough taunting and fighting with SF fans that we don't need to feed on our own lol. I don't agree with all of you, but when it gets to the point where it is getting so personal it is time to step back and find some common ground.

I agree... I don't understand what his problem was, I never directly insulted him and specifically asked him to chill out and tell me what was wrong. I'm all for trolling 49ers fans but this guy just flipped for no reason lol. Oh well.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
234, I'd give the benefit of the doubt and say it is just hangover from ESPN or wherever he came from. We were all used to being a bit more aggressive on other sites and it was common to see people get defensive and go off fairly easily.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got no problem with you and have not insulted you, chill out bro. We're both Seahawks fans, same side man.

If you think I insulted you, post what I said that offended you and we can discuss it. Seriously I think either you have mistaken me for someone else or you misunderstood something I said. If there was something I said that bothered you, post it and I will clarify. Nothing I said was meant to offend anyone lol.

Agreed - this was a contentious topic, but has gone past the point of value.

And I have said this on every forum,you really have a beef with me we can meet at a bar in Bellevue or anywhere of your choice in western Wa,and yah it pisses me off when people do assumptions too,so either step the fuck up,im game.

jive, you need to chill a bit, man. No need to be flaming your fellow Seahawk fans.

Locked.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren Moon's worst nightmare?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.