• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can someone translate that heisman speech for me into English?

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Public speaking was my profession for 9 years. Teaching Occupational Health and Safety classes from CPR/AED and Advanced Cardiac Life Support for the Healthcare providers to Hazcom and Forklift certification classes. About 40 classes in all. The beast of them all was the OSHA 40 hour certifications.

Standing in front of a class full of adult workers was fine most of the time. But certifying a DR or nurse as is required for them to practice was nerve racking at times. Funny, they take a guy like me, certify them to instruct American Heart Association curriculum to certify Healthcare providers. Strange. The toughest though.... Was certifiying the guy that had been driving a forkilift for 30 years..... Those guys didnt want to hear anything about it because they already knew it all. (no sarcasm)

As a Dr I never had to take a 40 hour osha course to keep practicing. :noidea: osha was never there to protect me anyway.

Once a year Id take a voluntary osha ce course tho. Had to pay for staff to take osha courses, just to repeatedly catch them eating in the sterilization room afterward. :L

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Dr I never had to take a 40 hour osha course to keep practicing. :noidea: osha was never there to protect me anyway.

Once a year Id take a voluntary osha ce course tho. Had to pay for staff to take osha courses, just to repeatedly catch them eating in the sterilization room afterward. :L

Didnt say you had to.

ACLS for Healthcare provider course is what I was talking about.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made many speeches/conducting workshops in front of large groups and small groups. I always got nervous, but was told I never looked it. The worst times were when the CEO shows up out of the blue, and sits on the back row. I know I said some stupid garbled murmurs at times.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never had a problem speaking to groups. I spent a few years teaching radar electronics in the military to Active Duty, Guard, Reserves, FAA, and Foreign Nationals.

Classes were generally 12-16 people.

That being said, I don't have a problem with the way Winston spoke. Sure he has black dialect/accent, but what's the difference between that and redneck dialect/accent? You generally speak in the manner of the environment you were raised in.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had an inspector come into my class room once and couldn't find anything to write me up about regarding presentation, voice, gestures, etc..

So the bitch wrote me up for not having thumb-tacks in every corner of a sheet of paper that was on the classroom bulletin board. :L

She wrote a colleague of mine up for having trash in the trash can. Can you imagine that? Who would think of putting trash in a trash can?

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'd be so,so proud.

Last edited by a moderator: