• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can somebody explain the interest in Fleener to me?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
our line was shit. goodwin/snyder was horrible in the middle in the pass and run game. iupati pulling is the only reason the run game had a chance on the right side of the line.

You're a joke. Or maybe just the punchline.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you are quantifying "one of the worst" or "bad", but I would quantify "one of the worst" generously as bottom 8 of a 4-way or bottom 4 on a 8-way split or, of course anything in the middle. As Toby said above and I agree, the o'line is too critical for a championship team to have one of the worst. I'm not saying they are a championship caliber o'line but I don't think they are one of the worst either.

Not when the QB is great at avoiding pressure and creating when plays break down. I was never a huge fan of Eli, but he was absolutely great at compensating for poor OL play last season. They were also inept at run blocking.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd class the giants offensive line about the same as the steelers. it's average, but functional enough to win a championship.

You gotta be kidding me.

49ers OL > both the Steelers and the Giants OLs.

I firmly believe that you're beyond delusional at this point. Or you're just too far up Alex's ass.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you be one up if you never supported your original claim in the first place??? Ha ha, perhaps I started at negative 1?? Either way, you don't have to support your claim, that's fine with me.

Are you also going to avoid explaining how you are quantifying these "hits" you claim Eli consistently endured in 2011? Do you have any statistics that show where he ranked for QB hits?

PFF Rates Giants Offensive Line 31st In NFL - Big Blue View

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, exactly. It certainly is not an all-pro o'line, but "one of the worst" or "markedly worse than ours", nah, not buying it.

I don't care if you're buying it or not, Eli Manning takes our OL over his 10 times out of 10.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFF:

"Yes, they won the Super Bowl, but they did so in spite of a line that sieved pressure throughout the year. Our lowest-ranked pass protecting line had problems all over, but nowhere as bad as at the tackle positions (especially once Will Beatty was lost for the year). It wasn't just the tackles however, with every member of the Giants' line earning a negative grade. This explains the drop-off in the run game and makes the season that Eli Manning had all the more remarkable."

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you read these from all the way up Alex Smith's rectum, Iguana?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you read these from all the way up Alex Smith's rectum, Iguana?

you guys need to get over your hatred of smith. i wasn't discussing smith in this thread but you dipshits always want to bring it up then i end up sounding like i'm defending the guy all the time.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2011 OFFENSIVE LINES

poor adjusted sack rate and poor interior line. we can survive with goodwin, but snyder and goodwin was just a bad combo.

staley, iupati, goodwin, davis, boone would be solid imo.

i'd like to see offensive line stats with miller on the field and without.

No one is disputing that those two guys struggled. But other OLs were as bad or worse, yet their offenses as a whole were still able to get things done. You're acting like we had the worst OL in the league. We didn't.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is disputing that those two guys struggled. But other OLs were as bad or worse, yet their offenses as a whole were still able to get things done. You're acting like we had the worst OL in the league. We didn't.

we had one of the worst. the only thing we really excelled at was blocking on the 2nd level. our tackles actually held up fairly well even tho i think staley/davis didn't exactly play very well. football outsiders seems to break things down better than PFF.

we upgraded WR, now we need to upgrade RG.