• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Aaron Rodgers be part of the problem?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, his father, his brother, and his ex, Olivia Munn, are all lying about his shitty relationship with his family. This has been reported for years so it's not like this is new information. If you want to think that Rodgers is a great guy and a good teammate you go ahead. Greg Jennings and Donald Driver both had negative things to say about Rodgers too. They both said he lacks true leadership, often blames others for mistakes, and he's possibly let fame go to his head. But what would they know right?
Greg Jennings literally can’t finish a sentence without pausing and saying “umm” 5 times. Dude is mentally challenged. You don’t know shit about Rodgers personal life besides what you read in gossip pieces and apparently what you hear from Simple Jack Jennings.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Jennings literally can’t finish a sentence without pausing and saying “umm” 5 times. Dude is mentally challenged. You don’t know shit about Rodgers personal life besides what you read in gossip pieces and apparently what you hear from Simple Jack Jennings.

Well no kidding. Of course I don't know about his personal life other than what I've read. I don't know him personally and he doesn't call me at home to give me his side of the story. Apparently he does that with you? Otherwise, what are you going off to say what his family and teammates said about him is untrue? What are your sources if your not reading the same articles about Rodgers as the rest of us?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no kidding. Of course I don't know about his personal life other than what I've read. I don't know him personally and he doesn't call me at home to give me his side of the story. Apparently he does that with you? Otherwise, what are you going off to say what his family and teammates said about him is untrue? What are your sources if your not reading the same articles about Rodgers as the rest of us?
How about you focus on the Seahawks hanging on to dear life instead of ringleading an Aaron Rodgers envy circle jerk thread.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that getting another Lombardi Trophy or two would be enough motivation. If he doesn't he will get lumped in with some pretty mediocre QB's that managed to get their hands on one.

Lombardi's are really his only motivation and that's something that's not attainable by himself. I perceive that Rodgers' current productivity emits dejection from repeated failures to get his hands on more despite his greatest efforts.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you focus on the Seahawks hanging on to dear life instead of ringleading an Aaron Rodgers envy circle jerk thread.

Thanks to beating you guys and the Panthers we aren't hanging on for dear life anymore. We're (surprisingly) actually in the driver's seat for a playoff spot. If you see Mike McCarthy anytime soon tell him thanks for not going for it on 4th and 2 in Seattle. That helped us a lot. :suds:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to beating you guys and the Panthers we aren't hanging on for dear life anymore. We're (surprisingly) actually in the driver's seat for a playoff spot. If you see Mike McCarthy anytime soon tell him thanks for not going for it on 4th and 2 in Seattle. That helped us a lot. :suds:
So it’s McCarthy’s fault again? Go it.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s McCarthy’s fault again? Go it.

I'd say that call had a lot to do with your loss in that game. Not completely, but it definitely didn't help your chances. If you guys miss the playoffs, which looks very likely, it is looking more and more like McCarthy is gone.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i imagine he's not perfect, but rodgers has been carrying the packers for years. the packers rely on him, more than any other team relies on any single player.

0 interceptions and sacked 4 times vs vikings, near the top in yards lost due to sacks for the season. a mediocre defense and rushing game, no name receivers, and 5 road games against playoff contenders in 7 weeks resulting in a string of close losses. i'd like to know who would have done any better.

Rodgers has had a great career but he isn't the guy you think he is any longer.

There are plenty of QB's in this league that could do the same if not better than what Rodgers has done this year.

The league kind of passed Rodgers by. This is a quick hitting passing league that relies on presnap reads and getting the ball out on time. Neither were ever Rodgers strong suit. He was always his best buying time with his legs and making unbelievable accurate deep throws. While every single team in the league has seen their passing efficiency rise by leaps and bounds over the years, Rodgers has not only not improved but regressed.

Here is Green Bay passing stats rankings over the years since 2014 (Rodgers last great year).

Y/A - 2nd
QB rating - 2nd
Total yards - 8th

Y/A - 28th
QB rating - 13th
Total yards - 25th

Y/A - 16th
QB rating - 5th
Total yards - 7th

n/a - Rodgers missed too much of the season.

Y/A - 9th
QB rating - 10th
Total yards - 8th

The simple fact of the matter is that Rodgers hasn't been great in awhile if you look at it objectively. But when you are dealing with a 1st ballot HOF'er, objectively isn't how people often view it.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi's are really his only motivation and that's something that's not attainable by himself. I perceive that Rodgers' current productivity emits dejection from repeated failures to get his hands on more despite his greatest efforts.

He'll need to be better at reading the defense and getting the ball out quicker if he wants another ring. Neither of those two things was ever his strength so it will require a total make-over of his preparation and playing style.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are plenty of QB's in this league that could do the same if not better than what Rodgers has done this year.

The league kind of passed Rodgers by. This is a quick hitting passing league that relies on presnap reads and getting the ball out on time. Neither were ever Rodgers strong suit. He was always his best buying time with his legs and making unbelievable accurate deep throws. While every single team in the league has seen their passing efficiency rise by leaps and bounds over the years, Rodgers has not only not improved but regressed.

Here is Green Bay passing stats rankings over the years since 2014 (Rodgers last great year).

Y/A - 2nd
QB rating - 2nd
Total yards - 8th

Y/A - 28th
QB rating - 13th
Total yards - 25th

Y/A - 16th
QB rating - 5th
Total yards - 7th

Y/A - 9th
QB rating - 10th
Total yards - 8th

The simple fact of the matter is that Rodgers hasn't been great in awhile if you look at it objectively. But when you are dealing with a 1st ballot HOF'er, objectively isn't how people often view it.

I gotta give you a half a ninja on this one.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Y/A - 2nd
QB rating - 2nd
Total yards - 8th

Y/A - 28th
QB rating - 13th
Total yards - 25th

Y/A - 16th
QB rating - 5th
Total yards - 7th

Y/A - 9th
QB rating - 10th
Total yards - 8th

green bay would have a hard time even winning games without rodgers. he just doesn't have the pieces around him to take them to the sb, aside from a broken clavicle, a broken collarbone, and an injured knee earlier this year. tom brady misses a game, and new england doesn't miss a beat. they have a great system, green bay doesn't.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

His offensive skill position mates are also in competition for worst in the division.

Are they?? Jimmy Graham, Davante adams and Aaron Jones are ALL very good players... It is not the talent around him that's the problem... And He has always been mobile enough to counter a weaker offensive line... So the Talent around him is NOT a valid excuse!!!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Y/A - 2nd
QB rating - 2nd
Total yards - 8th

Y/A - 28th
QB rating - 13th
Total yards - 25th

Y/A - 16th
QB rating - 5th
Total yards - 7th

Y/A - 9th
QB rating - 10th
Total yards - 8th

True. He's given a lot of latitude each year because of his past accomplishments and some of his MVP type of seasons that he had early on. But his best days are behind him. The guy turns 35 in about a week and father time is still undefeated. Players like Brees and Brady are the exceptions. When QB's hit the wall it happens quick like with Peyton Manning. Manning looked fantastic in 2013-2014 but was suddenly throwing ducks the next season and ultimately got benched. Rodgers isn't going to get benched anytime soon but hes on the path downward in my opinion. He's got 2 or 3 more years left in him at best. Green Bay might be rebuilding after this year and they might have a new coach too. Does Rodgers want to stick around for a 2 or 3 year rebuild under a new coach's scheme? I don't know, maybe he does but his chances at another SB look slim unless GB suddenly rebuilds the way the Rams or Chiefs did.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i imagine he's not perfect, but rodgers has been carrying the packers for years. the packers rely on him, more than any other team relies on any single player.

0 interceptions and sacked 4 times vs vikings, near the top in yards lost due to sacks for the season. a mediocre defense and rushing game, no name receivers, and 5 road games against playoff contenders in 7 weeks resulting in a string of close losses. i'd like to know who would have done any better.
There are other QB's that could manage 4 wins in 11 games which is what Rodgers has done thus far. Russell Wilson carries the Seahawks and is relied on just as much as Rodgers. His team lost a ton of big name players last year as well. The difference between Wilson and Rodgers this year, is the clutch performance.

Also, one of the big reasons Rodgers is near the top in yards lost is because he holds on to the ball too long looking for the home run.

The last time the Packers made a real playoff run was in 2016. They had Jordy Nelson, Jared Cook, Randall Cobb, Devante Adams and one of the best o-lines in the league.

Again, I do think Rodgers has been one of the best QB's in the league if not the best. This year however, I have just noticed bad play and bad decisions when it counts. He still has 5 games to turn it around and he certainly has the skill set to make it happen.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are other QB's that could manage 4 wins in 11 games which is what Rodgers has done thus far. Russell Wilson carries the Seahawks and is relied on just as much as Rodgers. His team lost a ton of big name players last year as well. The difference between Wilson and Rodgers this year, is the clutch performance.

Also, one of the big reasons Rodgers is near the top in yards lost is because he holds on to the ball too long looking for the home run.

The last time the Packers made a real playoff run was in 2016. They had Jordy Nelson, Jared Cook, Randall Cobb, Devante Adams and one of the best o-lines in the league.

Again, I do think Rodgers has been one of the best QB's in the league if not the best. This year however, I have just noticed bad play and bad decisions when it counts. He still has 5 games to turn it around and he certainly has the skill set to make it happen.

what have the seahawks done since their defense broke up? they are mediocre. have they played 5 road games in the last seven 7 weeks against contenders? wilson isn't even in rodgers class. wilson won a superbowl because he has a great supporting cast.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what have the seahawks done since their defense broke up? they are mediocre. have they played 5 road games in the last seven 7 weeks against contenders? wilson isn't even in rodgers class. wilson won a superbowl because he has a great supporting cast.
The Seahawks rely on Wilson just as much as Rodgers which was my point. Wilson is outplaying Rodgers this year and has led his team to 4 game winning drives.

The Seahawks have won 3 of the last 4 road games. Packers... None

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Seahawks losses this year haven't been to scrubs. They've lost on the road to the 8-3 Bears, the 10-1 Rams, and the 5-6 Broncos who just beat the Chargers and Steelers. Their home losses are to the 10-1 Rams and the 8-3 Chargers. Honestly, there probably aren't a lot of other teams who'd have done just as well as the Hawks have done this year considering who've they've played. Plus, all those losses were very close and could have gone either way at the end. Same can be said for a couple of their wins, but all I'm saying is the Seahawks aren't getting blown out by the best teams, and they are beating the teams they should. They've been very surprising this year actually, and Wilson has played a huge part in that.