• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Aaron Rodgers be part of the problem?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Rodgers just get a massive extension ?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can make all the throws, but some of his decisions are just stupid.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rodgers carries the team.

5 road games in 7 weeks against playoff contenders. who makes these schedules.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he part of the problem? If he wasn't on the field, the 2018 Packers are win-less. He can't block for himself and play defense. Shit, I he's got receivers I've never heard of.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rodgers carries the team.

5 road games in 7 weeks against playoff contenders. who makes these schedules.
He has carried the team to 0-6 on the road. Don't get me wrong, he is a great QB, but he has made some boneheaded decisions and flat out bad plays that have cost his team. He is not "the" problem, but he is part of it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question: if GB gets eliminated from the playoffs does Rodgers go on the DL like he’s done in the past?
Of course he does.
Sorry but that was a dumb question. :dhd:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He basically has carried that team, and the burden becomes bigger with every year that McCarthy offense takes the field. Such a stagnant and predictable scheme that hasn't evolved since the Lombardi days. If anything, Rodgers' mistakes only become more glaring because he's making less plays overall to cover up that garbage offense....and that's still the best QB in the game.

Anyone else....it would only be worse.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers hasn't been the QB most everyone thinks he is for almost 5 years now.

I swear you go back every year now for 4 years and there is one of these threads. But every off-season people forget and the cycle of calling him the best QB in the league at the beginning of the year to calling him out for his not stellar play by mid season continues.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has carried the team to 0-6 on the road. Don't get me wrong, he is a great QB, but he has made some boneheaded decisions and flat out bad plays that have cost his team. He is not "the" problem, but he is part of it.

i imagine he's not perfect, but rodgers has been carrying the packers for years. the packers rely on him, more than any other team relies on any single player.

0 interceptions and sacked 4 times vs vikings, near the top in yards lost due to sacks for the season. a mediocre defense and rushing game, no name receivers, and 5 road games against playoff contenders in 7 weeks resulting in a string of close losses. i'd like to know who would have done any better.

Last edited:

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers hasn't been the QB most everyone thinks he is for almost 5 years now.

I swear you go back every year now for 4 years and there is one of these threads. But every off-season people forget and the cycle of calling him the best QB in the league at the beginning of the year to calling him out for his not stellar play by mid season continues.

Truth

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another part of the whole discussion is how greatly over-rated the team itself is year after year strictly because they have Rodgers. Then they start to struggle because, as we all know, the guy is just human and not immune to a few bad plays, decisions or whatever. Combine that with a coach with zero imagination and a couple of injuries and the team shows their true colors. I don't think he is immune to criticism and definitely isn't the same guy he once was. But you can't win consistently in this league year after year changing nothing and leaving it to a guy throwing up hail mary's. Every other team has figured the Pack out. He still makes some plays but the team just isn't all that good.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Rodgers just get a massive extension ?

Yes.

tenor.gif

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus he's a cunt.

Rumor has it that you aren't wrong. Maybe that's part of the problem? I mean his own family doesn't even like the guy, so it's completely plausible that his team mates aren't fans either. You ever see him pointing out his teammates "mistakes" after a play fails? I have. He never seems to point at himself and say "my bad" the way other QB's often do. And when is the last time anyone saw him on the sidelines rallying his teammates up and encouraging them? The only time I can think of recently is when Crosby missed those 4 or 5 kicks. But usually Rodgers is pointing at someone to blame with that "I can't believe how you fucked up this play" look on his face. I know Wilson is bit over the top with his rah rah kind of attitude, but Rodgers could learn a little something from watching how Wilson treats his teammates on the sidelines.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that you aren't wrong. Maybe that's part of the problem? I mean his own family doesn't even like the guy, so it's completely plausible that his team mates aren't fans either. You ever see him pointing out his teammates "mistakes" after a play fails? I have. He never seems to point at himself and say "my bad" the way other QB's often do. And when is the last time anyone saw him on the sidelines rallying his teammates up and encouraging them? The only time I can think of recently is when Crosby missed those 4 or 5 kicks. But usually Rodgers is pointing at someone to blame with that "I can't believe how you fucked up this play" look on his face. I know Wilson is bit over the top with his rah rah kind of attitude, but Rodgers could learn a little something from watching how Wilson treats his teammates on the sidelines.
This jumbled mess of a paragraph is just straight up regurgitation from gossip shows. Do you really pay attention to his dumbass brother? Give up your man card.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is at his best when he has something to prove. What's left to prove when everyone considers you a god?

So please... all of you... get on Twitter, Facebook, message boards, etc. and emphatically yank the 'god' status away from him!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This jumbled mess of a paragraph is just straight up regurgitation from gossip shows. Do you really pay attention to his dumbass brother? Give up your man card.

Sure, his father, his brother, and his ex, Olivia Munn, are all lying about his shitty relationship with his family. This has been reported for years so it's not like this is new information. If you want to think that Rodgers is a great guy and a good teammate you go ahead. Greg Jennings and Donald Driver both had negative things to say about Rodgers too. They both said he lacks true leadership, often blames others for mistakes, and he's possibly let fame go to his head. But what would they know right?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is at his best when he has something to prove. What's left to prove when everyone considers you a god?

So please... all of you... get on Twitter, Facebook, message boards, etc. and emphatically yank the 'god' status away from him!

Seems to me that getting another Lombardi Trophy or two would be enough motivation. If he doesn't he will get lumped in with some pretty mediocre QB's that managed to get their hands on one.