• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton speaks out against Richard Sherman's tirade

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice piece of satire. I got a chuckle out of it.

Cam has a poor grasp of the English language, but not that poor.

That's why I think it's somewhat believable.....$cam IS that stupid.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman threatened to ruin someone's career. Cam has every right to criticism him. Far worse than anything Cam has done. Not surprising that certain fans would go straight to attacking Cam's character while defending Sherman, who has done way more egregious shit in the NFL than Cam has. Cam may walk of a press conference, he may celebrate on the field too much, and he may complain about getting unfair treatment by the refs(even though anybody that is watching the games can see that it's 100% justified), but Cam doesn't go on national TV and tells people he owns them at life. He doesn't berate players like Sherman did Crabtree. And he has never threatened someone's career. Sherman goes over the top more than any athlete in the NFL today and he only gets a pass because nobody cares about Seattle.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just proves that Cam is a hypocrite

Sherman threatened to ruin someone's career. Cam has every right to criticism him. Far worse than anything Cam has done. Not surprising that certain fans would go straight to attacking Cam's character while defending Sherman, who has done way more egregious shit in the NFL than Cam has. Cam may walk of a press conference, he may celebrate on the field too much, and he may complain about getting unfair treatment by the refs(even though anybody that is watching the games can see that it's 100% justified), but Cam doesn't go on national TV and tells people he owns them at life. He doesn't berate players like Sherman did Crabtree. And he has never threatened someone's career. Sherman goes over the top more than any athlete in the NFL today and he only gets a pass because nobody cares about Seattle.

Your talking about them so you must care about them

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just proves that Cam is a hypocrite

Your talking about them so you must care about them
I'm talking about the media. And no I don't care about them. I'm just responding to a thread on an NFL message board. Or is this not an NFL message board? I guess I should talk about pinochle instead.

Cam is only a hypocrite to people who think Cam walking out of a press conference after losing a heartbreaking SB is the same thing as threatening a person's career who's just doing their job. So basically, just Seahawk fans and Cam haters.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Cam continues to own the critics

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the biggest assholes in sports.
Cam has his issues, but I can't believe so many of you think he's been as bad as Sherman. At least in my opinion, I think Cam is an upstanding citizen compared to Sherman. Is walking out of a press conference after just losing a heartbreaking SB really as bad as what Sherman did here? Cam complaining about officiating against him seems to be somewhat legitimate as well. And seriously, why are people bashing Cam for how he dresses(not saying you are)? Like who cares. Just laugh about it and move on. Sherman has went out of his way multiple times to belittle people publicly. Whether it be reporters, other NFL players, or even a clown like Skip Bayless. Now even I can't stand Skip Bayless, but for Sherman to say he's better at life than Skip Bayless and just completely berated the dude on national tv is going way too far even for someone like Skip.

And if we are talking assholes in sports? Does Brady qualify? Or is what he does on the sidelines just him showing fire and being a leader?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Sherm was out of bounds here and acted a fool, but Cam Newton is not the guy to deliver that message.

That's just like in the presidential debate when Hillary started talking about the importance of cybersecurity...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam has his issues, but I can't believe so many of you think he's been as bad as Sherman. At least in my opinion, I think Cam is an upstanding citizen compared to Sherman. Is walking out of a press conference after just losing a heartbreaking SB really as bad as what Sherman did here? Cam complaining about officiating against him seems to be somewhat legitimate as well. And seriously, why are people bashing Cam for how he dresses(not saying you are)? Like who cares. Just laugh about it and move on. Sherman has went out of his way multiple times to belittle people publicly. Whether it be reporters, other NFL players, or even a clown like Skip Bayless. Now even I can't stand Skip Bayless, but for Sherman to say he's better at life than Skip Bayless and just completely berated the dude on national tv is going way too far even for someone like Skip.

And if we are talking assholes in sports? Does Brady qualify? Or is what he does on the sidelines just him showing fire and being a leader?
This^^^^^^^^^
Now you've gone too far. Brady yells at team mates that screw up. He barks at officials for what he thinks are bad or missed calls. But he doesn't attack his coaches. One week the DC. The next week the OC & HC. There is a slight difference there. I also don't recall him berating the press. He may have and I may have missed it. But normally Brady owns it infront of the media. Shoot he's even been taking the high road when asked questions about Godell.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he's the perfect person to talk about this.... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Sherm was out of bounds here and acted a fool, but Cam Newton is not the guy to deliver that message.

That's just like in the presidential debate when Hillary started talking about the importance of cybersecurity...
More like when Trump tried to call hillary out on her temperment

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^^^^^^^^^
Now you've gone too far. Brady yells at team mates that screw up. He barks at officials for what he thinks are bad or missed calls. But he doesn't attack his coaches. One week the DC. The next week the OC & HC. There is a slight difference there. I also don't recall him berating the press. He may have and I may have missed it. But normally Brady owns it infront of the media. Shoot he's even been taking the high road when asked questions about Godell.
But doesn't it still qualify as asshole? He a great teammate but still an ass.:suds:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread pretty much sums up the state of our country.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But doesn't it still qualify as asshole? He a great teammate but still an ass.:suds:
I don't know it seems all his teammates love him? I don't recall any saying he's an ass. Even those like the Chad Ocho's who couldn't get on the same page as him.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not about to compare the 2, I hate them both equally. Regarding Cam it has nothing to do with his dress. My reasons include the classless Super Bowl move, when he was the first player in memeoy to do that when EVERY losing player has to face the press at their lowest moment. Everyone does it, it comes with the big contract, yet he was the only one I can think of to blow off his responsibility. In addition I dislike Cam for things like this story from his first Pro Bowl:

According to several players in the game, some from both teams, Newton's standoffish, diva ways made him enemy No. 1 in the eyes of some of the players. "He was a total ----hole," one AFC player said. "Who did he think he was? He acted like the big sh--. Here he was at his first game and he acted like he was the star. Guys didn't like that."

Report: Cam Newton was a total jerk at the Pro Bowl

I dislike him because he sold himself to the highest bidder in college, then lied about it; stole in college and got away with it; says stupid shit like: “I’m an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people,” like he is Jackie Robinson when we have evolved to the point where nobody discusses black QBs as black QBs anymore.

He is an arrogant diva POS and handing balls to kids after a TD does not change that. He's a great guy when he scores and wins, we see the real Cam when things aren't so good.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just posting here so I don't get any of those demerits.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just posting here so I don't get any of those demerits.

LOL...good stuff.

Is it time to release all the little fishies I caught?

Cam Newton Victim of Internet hoax

Yeah, people... this "article" wasn't real. See how easy Fake News can be?

All y'all dumbasses should be ashamed of yourselves. Or at least READ the fucking article next time, there were only about 50 clues that this shit wasn't authentic

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...good stuff.

Is it time to release all the little fishies I caught?

Cam Newton Victim of Internet hoax

Yeah, people... this "article" wasn't real. See how easy Fake News can be?

All y'all dumbasses should be ashamed of yourselves. Or at least READ the fucking article next time, there were only about 50 clues that this shit wasn't authentic

You're still going to get bites on this thread.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still going to get bites on this thread.

Part of what makes it fun, I guess...but really, I didn't think I would need to tell people it wasn't real. I thought it would be obvious that it was satire.

Glad at least some of you guys got the joke, that was my only intention. However, this gives me some ideas...lots, and LOTS of ideas...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no doubt it was a hoax. Cam is a dumbass, but not that much of a dumbass.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to go back and revisit the OP 3 times after reading some of the comments. This reminds me of when SNL did the skit of Governor Patterson calling people in Peekskill NY "rock eaters" and a bunch of people in Peekskill got pissed off at Governor Patterson!!!