• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - Laughing At Female Reporter

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any of us can have an opinion on whether it's a big deal or not...what we don't have a say in is how she should feel about the comments.

The reality is, there are some job roles that women are now in that they were not in 20 yrs ago.

Two week ago we had a large delivery at the office and the UPS driver was female...unconsciously, I asked if she needed any help getting the freight in...I wouldn't have asked that question if it was a guy.

She politely turned my request down and said she could handle it, and she did. But this whole thing with Cam has me thinking...was it sexist of me to offer her help to do her job?

But you asking her for help isn't sexist. It's polite. You didn't say "Huh, a woman delivery driver? Sure you can handle those heavy boxes?" Once you make it about the fact that she's a woman, that changed the narrative.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it seems like people are always looking for a reason to be offended. What he said was dumb, especially in public, but to get all up in arms over it seems so silly. There are so many other things to go to war over.

Personally, I like when men think I don't know shit about sports. The smugness & superiority I feel when I show them otherwise is delicious!

What he said was dumb. What he said was stupid. What he said was also sexist, joking or not.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you asking her for help isn't sexist. It's polite. You didn't say "Huh, a woman delivery driver? Sure you can handle those heavy boxes?" Once you make it about the fact that she's a woman, that changed the narrative.
lol! It's absolutely sexist! Unintentionally, but totally! Like he said, if it were a man, he would have never even thought twice about offering help! He only did because she's a woman! His natural instinct to treat women differently kicked in!

AND IT'S OKAY!!! WE ARE DIFFERENT!!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol! It's absolutely sexist! Unintentionally, but totally! Like he said, if it were a man, he would have never even thought twice about offering help! He only did because she's a woman! His natural instinct to treat women differently kicked in!

AND IT'S OKAY!!! WE ARE DIFFERENT!!

Now that I'm thinking about it. Is that technically sexist in a positive way? Lol

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better get your wallet out!! You gon' learn today!
6fc751aad52bcf07a0a690763d4bcc92.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, if I had said female or woman, maybe. I think she probably has been asked before because she wasn't very big...maybe 120lbs and the packages probably weighed more than she did combined I'm sure.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK just a thought. What does a girl know about running routes? Did she study up on it? Or did she date a WR in college?

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK just a thought. What does a girl know about running routes? Did she study up on it? Or did she date a WR in college?

Most girls know absolutely nothing about running routes.

But if you assume she doesn't know because she's a woman, that's where the problem lies. Plenty of guys know nothing about running routes but is Cam going to call them on it?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most girls know absolutely nothing about running routes.

But if you assume she doesn't know because she's a woman, that's where the problem lies. Plenty of guys know nothing about running routes but is Cam going to call them on it?

I'm not saying Cam isn't an asshole. Just stating the obvious on women and running routes.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already lost one sponsor. It will be interesting to see if Underarmour will still want to be associated with him and risk losing business from the ladies. Nothing personal, just business.

Let's not pretend women are anything more than a token demographic for UA. UA sales are based strictly off men's sales whether it be men buying it for themselves or men buying merchandise for women. If a woman is so offended she won't buy her man something he will still go buy it for himself.