• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - Laughing At Female Reporter

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam made a sexist remark. So he's toast?
He's already lost one sponsor. It will be interesting to see if Underarmour will still want to be associated with him and risk losing business from the ladies. Nothing personal, just business.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meanwhile, michael bennett skates for being a race baiting liar

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already lost one sponsor. It will be interesting to see if Underarmour will still want to be associated with him and risk losing business from the ladies. Nothing personal, just business.

Oh I completely agree. I'm surprised only 1 sponsor has dropped him as of right now. I was just saying that, in regards to Jourdan Rodrigue's comments 4 or 5 years ago, because she didn't apologize for them right away, someone had said she's toast. So I'm assuming that Cam making sexist remarks that he should be toast too. I don't think he's sexist at all, but he sure knows how to say some stupid shit.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this society is so sensitive. I found nothing wrong with his comments. Can it sound bad if you spin it the right way? Sure, but I don't think there was any malice in his words.

If I woman (even a sports reporter) came up to me and started spouting off football lingo in detail, I'd chuckle too, not because I'm sexist but because it's just something you don't hear very often.

Get a grip people

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is simple

If you really believe that Cam has an issue with women in sports, than yeah, he's an idiot that should get abused

If you think it was a poor attempt at a joke by a guy I've never considered a brain surgeon, than I actually feel bad for what he now has to deal with

I decided to wait until I actually saw/heard the comment first...to me it really seems like he was joking or somewhat amused/impressed that a female would ask a question that deep if you will.

Condescending at worst...after his little chuckle he went on to answer the question.

To bad the yogart people got their panties in a wad (oh, can we say that?) over it...but it should teach Cam a lesson in dealing with the female sports media.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this society is so sensitive. I found nothing wrong with his comments. Can it sound bad if you spin it the right way? Sure, but I don't think there was any malice in his words.

If I woman (even a sports reporter) came up to me and started spouting off football lingo in detail, I'd chuckle too, not because I'm sexist but because it's just something you don't hear very often.

Get a grip people

He didn't mean it the way it came out at all. With that said some things aren't funny to everyone and some things don't need to be said out loud. Trump and Cam should take some lessons in public speaking because they suffer from the same "Open Mouth, Insert Foot" disease.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get a grip people
Seriously. I get it all the time. I'll be watching a game and some guy will inevitably say something like, "Oh, you're not really a football fan. Name 3 players on the team aside from Ben or Antonio!" Then I bat my eyelashes and say, "hmmm...alright, I think I can, but if I can't I'll buy you a drink. If I can, you have to buy a round for me and my friends." Can't tell you how many free rounds I've gotten with that! lol!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. I get it all the time. I'll be watching a game and some guy will inevitably say something like, "Oh, you're not really a football fan. Name 3 players on the team aside from Ben or Antonio!" Then I bat my eyelashes and say, "hmmm...alright, I think I can, but if I can't I'll buy you a drink. If I can, you have to buy a round for me and my friends." Can't tell you how many free rounds I've gotten with that! lol!

But the difference is you were trying to do your job while getting those comments. This reporter was just trying to do her job and she asked a great question and had Cam just answered the damn question, he's still be getting free yogurt.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant say anything anymore

If I was an athlete, I'd ignore all interview requests and pay the fine

It's not worth the drama of possibly offending some asshole snowflake

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one douche bag insulted another douche bag.

Why do I need to know about this?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant say anything anymore

If I was an athlete, I'd ignore all interview requests and pay the fine

It's not worth the drama of possibly offending some asshole snowflake

Or maybe think before you speak. What was the point of saying what he said? It's not like this is the first question that he's been asked by a damn woman. He's a freaking idiot. Use some common sense!

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if she came back with a "black QB learning the playbook" comment? We really missed an opportunity there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep taking their drink money!!!

My daughter could tell you the starting OL for PIT...well maybe not Hubbard since he's filling in.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if she came back with a "black QB learning the playbook" comment? We really missed an opportunity there.

Had this been a comment about her race, the WORLD, not just in the sports world but various different walks of life, would be FURIOUS right now. But because it's a comment about a woman, eh, get over it.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe think before you speak. What was the point of saying what he said? It's not like this is the first question that he's been asked by a damn woman. He's a freaking idiot. Use some common sense!

saying or joking a woman doesn't know football really isn't that big of a deal

its not like he called her a fat dyke

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the difference is you were trying to do your job while getting those comments. This reporter was just trying to do her job and she asked a great question and had Cam just answered the damn question, he's still be getting free yogurt.

So because I'm not on the job, sexist remarks should hold less heft? Sexist is sexist is sexist. Just as Cam is an idiot, but no need to act like he's trying to take away her right to vote.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would've been a great comeback...a bit mean spirited I think, but a great comeback nonetheless.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saying or joking a woman doesn't know football really isn't that big of a deal

its not like he called her a fat dyke

It's not your place to say if it's a big deal or not though. If she got offended, she got offended and he should apologize for that, especially if he didn't mean to offend her.