• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton's suggestion box

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Newton going to have a mental breakdown like Vince Young and Ryan Leaf?

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why this is a national story. Carolina is a small market team. Cam Newton is a one-hit-wonder. The Panthers are simply terrible, and will draft in the top five for the next 6-8 years.

Having said that...

...sweetheart? Really? Dude...

yeah, dude doesn't know what it feels like to lose and the second year of being on a bad team is getting to him

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Madden I kick it from the 70 every time I reach it.

Remember when McNabb didn't know that OT was one period (a quarter, but you don't have five quarters)? Anybody getting that same impression?

How are you a first round pick (first overall in Newton's case), and not know things about the game that casual fans would call you out on?

McNabb took a sack or threw the ball away thinking that he could get the ball back (because he believed that there were no ties in the NFL), right? I think he's too smart for this, but I'd be afraid of Alex throwing a 3 yard pass on a 4th and 10 needing a score. (In the Giants game, there percievably could have been more potential scoring drives, in OT after a FG on first possession, no.)

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you a first round pick (first overall in Newton's case), and not know things about the game that casual fans would call you out on?

"The Chiefs? *pauses the think* They're in the AFC South, right?" - Ryan Tannehill.

As Al Davis used to say, "Just Win, baby"?

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel bad for Cam. If he said it was anybody else's fault, they'd say he was throwing others under the bus. If he said that he knew the answers, he'd either be called arrogant or they'd say it was the company line, depending on how he said it and how many cliches you count. He says it's his fault, people concur and try to psycho-analyze everything. When he says he doesn't know what to do, this happens. There are a lot of QBs on losing teams who has done well enough year one to be in focus, like Bradford, who don't get criticized as much. When he wears those sweaters... eh, he deserves that.

Well said, brilliant.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Chiefs? *pauses the think* They're in the AFC South, right?" - Ryan Tannehill.

As Al Davis used to say, "Just Win, baby"?

This is tantamount to me saying, "Budweiser? They make mostly stouts, right?"

How do you get to "drafted in the first round" and not know which division the 32 teams are slotted to? I find this lack of knowledge of your chosen profession to be astounding.

And frightening. This guy drives around. Does he know that green means go and red means stop?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as i love to see the whole Panthers hype put to rest, i was really hoping the Panthers could knock off the Bears this weekend. They almost had them.