• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - Laughing At Female Reporter

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe Cam was joking but it wasn't a very funny joke and it made her look incompetent in a public/professional setting. It is her job to know this kind of stuff. If she said something that implied she didn't know anything about running routes, I would understand the response.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe Cam was joking but it wasn't a very funny joke and it made her look incompetent in a public/professional setting. It is her job to know this kind of stuff. If she said something that implied she didn't know anything about running routes, I would understand the response.
I don't think he was joking, he was just reacting based on how he was raised. Society gave him this mindset.

I also don't think it made her look incompetent, it made him look ignorant. Use it as a learning moment; an example of what not to say when there's 20 mics in your face and you have a platform to speak your mind.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he was joking, he was just reacting based on how he was raised. Society gave him this mindset.

I also don't think it made her look incompetent, it made him look ignorant. Use it as a learning moment; an example of what not to say when there's 20 mics in your face and you have a platform to speak your mind.

I don't think he was joking either, especially after what she said about the post-interview.

I still remember Cam's conduct after the Panthers lost the Super Bowl and it's clear he still has plenty to learn about conducting himself in a professional manner when he is on the job. And giving interviews to the press is part of the job.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he was joking either, especially after what she said about the post-interview.

I still remember Cam's conduct after the Panthers lost the Super Bowl and it's clear he still has plenty to learn about conducting himself in a professional manner when he is on the job. And giving interviews to the press is part of the job.
That's why I think instead of getting all offended by it, she should have fired back. I understand she's on the job as well, but that would've shut him up and gave him a stinger to know not to fuck with her in the future.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not pretend women are anything more than a token demographic for UA. UA sales are based strictly off men's sales whether it be men buying it for themselves or men buying merchandise for women. If a woman is so offended she won't buy her man something he will still go buy it for himself.
Don't disagree with you. But it will come down to impact on brand. A brand is extremely valuable and they don't want it associated with sexism. Cam is just not worth it and the dumb fucker never even apologized. Plenty of other stupid football players out there. Pick one off the tree.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think instead of getting all offended by it, she should have fired back. I understand she's on the job as well, but that would've shut him up and gave him a stinger to know not to fuck with her in the future.
Would have loved it if she called him a "dumb fuck, sexist, 10 cent brain, over rated, scum sucking, pimp dressed dipshit of a fucktard QB", but that's just me!

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay if were still young and on the job as a reporter and asked a somewhat complicated question to a prima donna athlete, and he replied with,

"Hey junior, what makes you think you know all about how to run routes?"

I would hope I could come back with something incredibly witty and put him in his place.

But it's different when all the cameras are on you than it is on a message board where you have time to think about your response. I would have most likely not been able to come up with much of a reply because I wasn't expecting anything like that. And the reality of it is whether it is gender, age, or racial in nature, it shouldn't happen.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this society is so sensitive. I found nothing wrong with his comments. Can it sound bad if you spin it the right way? Sure, but I don't think there was any malice in his words.

If I woman (even a sports reporter) came up to me and started spouting off football lingo in detail, I'd chuckle too, not because I'm sexist but because it's just something you don't hear very often.

Get a grip people

Thank an SJW.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's different when all the cameras are on you than it is on a message board where you have time to think about your response. I would have most likely not been able to come up with much of a reply because I wasn't expecting anything like that. And the reality of it is whether it is gender, age, or racial in nature, it shouldn't happen.
I dunno... as I first watched it on the news, I immediately said to the TV... "about as funny as your pretty little outfits". Not only is her job to ask questions, but she has to have the wherewithal to to think on her feet and not let that prima donna rattle her.

I dunno... maybe I'm just too thick skinned. :pout:

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol! It's absolutely sexist! Unintentionally, but totally! Like he said, if it were a man, he would have never even thought twice about offering help! He only did because she's a woman! His natural instinct to treat women differently kicked in!

AND IT'S OKAY!!! WE ARE DIFFERENT!!

Thank God!!! If that's sexist I apologize ... I still mean it, but I will apologize to keep my endorsement deal with Packard Motors.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God!!! If that's sexist I apologize ... I still mean it, but I will apologize to keep my endorsement deal with Packard Motors.
I've always thought I was a feminist...you know all, "GIRL POWER!" and whatnot. Which I totally am, but the way it's talked about now- ew. Feminism to me is being capable, independent and strong...because I can, not because I have to put a man down! Manhating is the singular worst trait of these modern feminists. I don't get it.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought I was a feminist...you know all, "GIRL POWER!" and whatnot. Which I totally am, but the way it's talked about now- ew. Feminism to me is being capable, independent and strong...because I can, not because I have to put a man down! Manhating is the singular worst trait of these modern feminists. I don't get it.

I believe you are referring to third-wave feminism.

Third-Wave Feminist Bullies Are Destroying Feminism

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he really laugh, or was it more of a smirk / smile?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, I am not attracted to obedient and/or placating women. My wife is just that capable, independent and strong, as it my daughter. My granddaughter (12 years old) on the other hand is a flat out warrior who know that the only thing in life that can stop her is the story she tells herself on why she can't do something, my other granddaughter (1 year old) is just cute, but she will go through warrior training.

Cam Newton made a moronic comment, but it is the sum of a person's life that dictate what kind of human they are. This reporter Jourdan Ridrigue has a fairly disrespectful past and should not be so easily offended. She may have done better by flipping him off and politely ask him the question again.

13392823_1395614237122692_333664583_n.jpg

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno... as I first watched it on the news, I immediately said to the TV... "about as funny as your pretty little outfits". Not only is her job to ask questions, but she has to have the wherewithal to to think on her feet and not let that prima donna rattle her.

I dunno... maybe I'm just too thick skinned. :pout:

You ought to be a reporter. You'd be really good at it.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ought to be a reporter. You'd be really good at it.
Oh, sure.
moxie to cam: tell me about those routes
cam: how funny! A woman asking about routes.
moxie: what'd you say, faggot? You want me to come up there and slap you with mccaffrey's dick?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Panthers' Newton laughs at female reporter

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton laughed and made light of a female reporter who asked about one of his teammates, saying it was "funny to hear a female" ask the question.

Charlotte Observer beat reporter Jourdan Rodrigue asked Newton during Wednesday's news conference about wide receiver Devin Funchess embracing the physicality of routes and if Newton got enjoyment out of that.

Newton responded, "It's funny to hear a female talk about routes like -- it's funny.''

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't Cam just admit already that he and Aaron Rodgers are giving one another reach arounds?