• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

California just voted in favor of killing off the PAC-12

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do yall think the impact on football would be if the NCAA didn't intervene? Think California's teams would perform better or have an unfair advantage if they openly paid their players? Would we find out they still weren't paying enough to matter?

this is what I was just thinking. If they are able to compensate, then they can start getting all those partial- and non-qualifiers from Southern and Central California. Would they still need them to qualify academically anymore? I know they make a big show about academics, but if you're going to pay for players, then PAY for players.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North
Boise State
Oregon
Oregon State
Washington
Washington State

South
Arizona
Arizona State
BYU
Colorado
Utah

:shrug:

You can just barely call that a "Pacific" conference, though...Only U-Dud is coastal.

Let's see if anybody still owns the copyright to the WAC

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do yall think the impact on football would be if the NCAA didn't intervene? Think California's teams would perform better or have an unfair advantage if they openly paid their players? Would we find out they still weren't paying enough to matter?

Well the NCAA has to intervene because it is against their rules.

But hypothetically if the NCAA didn’t then the federal government would i would think. How can the football and men’s basketball team get side benefits from boosters but the women and Olympic sports wouldn’t, it would be a Title IX nightmare I would think let alone I’m pretty sure California is broke AF when it comes to public institutions aren’t they?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with California on much, but NCAA can go right to hell. I have no problem letting a person make money of their work or image.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hates California. But his fav school (along with every other school out west) Needs California players to compete.
Hates Seattle and liberal Washington but runs FB fan pages for Huskies and Seahawks full of liberal Seattle people and a coach Carroll whos about as liberal as you get.
The irony.lol

What if this pushes the NCAA to compensate players for the use of their image? I thought we are a free market system or are we communists?

Reactions: gob

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin would be the first ones to get buttfvcked once Washington joins.

There can be only one 'W'.

washington-speed-replica-8037975.png

wisconsin-speed-replica-8037977.png

Wow, setting themselves up to be another "Little Brother". Be careful what you wish for. The last "powerhouse" team to join the B1G West hasn't done too well

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska could lose every game for the rest of my life and still have accomplished more than any team in the west including Washington. WTf, is attached to your stadium? Is it a KOA?

I'm 11 years old you bloody cunts.
Minnesota already has more natties than Nebraska

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with California on much, but NCAA can go right to hell. I have no problem letting a person make money of their work or image.
The NCAA is only a group made up of its members. Hating the NCAA is just hating all colleges in the NCAA.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA is only a group made up of its members. Hating the NCAA is just hating all colleges in the NCAA.

Dig up threads durring tattoo gate and tell me how many Tosu fans liked the ncaa.
The ncaa is there to make as much money for schools and ncaa employees who could give a flkying fuck if players get compensated or get educations. A school makes fake classes for more than a decade handing out passing grades for nothing but to keep players eligible and the ncaa couldn't care less. But some player sells a jersey or makes some side cash and the ncaa is all over that.
If a player is good enough that the ncaa is using his picture to make money to promote then there should be compensation for that player . Maybe held in trust till he's out of school but something.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are all a bunch of idiots if you really believe you can kick out all of the California schools and still remain a P5 conference.

Look up and down the roster of the top teams in the conference. Where do most of those players come from?

Join another P5? Sure, but you think you will walk in and start poaching some od their talent grounds over their existing power teams?

The bottom teams now would get much much worse.

You are talking about the end of any real power in west coast football if cali recruiting grounds are gone.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start up a new conference devoid of any California schools and call it the 'PAC-8'.
But then there would only be 7 conference games...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NCAA is the governing body that makes up words so they can get out of paying benefits. Schools join in because if you see a way to not pay your employees you have to take it.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did a quick background search on the sponsors of this bill. They're women who make Vladimir Lenin look like Ronald Reagan. Seriously, their political histories are waaaaay the F out there. It's good to know we have people like this defending the poor oppressed college athletes in America.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dig up threads durring tattoo gate and tell me how many Tosu fans liked the ncaa.
The ncaa is there to make as much money for schools and ncaa employees who could give a flkying fuck if players get compensated or get educations. A school makes fake classes for more than a decade handing out passing grades for nothing but to keep players eligible and the ncaa couldn't care less. But some player sells a jersey or makes some side cash and the ncaa is all over that.
If a player is good enough that the ncaa is using his picture to make money to promote then there should be compensation for that player . Maybe held in trust till he's out of school but something.
They were wrong too.

They offered those classes to all students so it did not violate NCAA rules. That was an accreditation issue.

The trust is not a bad idea but getting paid directly is.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA is the governing body that makes up words so they can get out of paying benefits. Schools join in because if you see a way to not pay your employees you have to take it.
Wrong. The schools are all represented in the NCAA and they themselves make up their own rules.

Governance

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're salivating over realignment scenarios that will never happen, I propose the following:

Arizona, ASU, New Mexico, and New Mexico State to the Big Xii

Baylor will graciously agree to play in the West Division with the Arizona schools, the New Mexico schools, Texas Tech and Kansas. Even though this would require greater travel for the Bares, I believe they would be willing to sacrifice so that more quality teams could be added to this great conference.

I thank you.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did a quick background search on the sponsors of this bill. They're women who make Vladimir Lenin look like Ronald Reagan. Seriously, their political histories are waaaaay the F out there. It's good to know we have people like this defending the poor oppressed college athletes in America.

Correct, they are not interested in helping out athletes. They are out to destroy what they consider the patriarchy of America and what better place to start than dismantling collegiate sports. Throw a brick in the machine and see what happens.

How much is a scholarship worth at Berkley or UCLA or any other college in California? These liberals are out of their fucking mind.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that bill is signed off by the California governor it will kill the PAC. West coast football is already on a downward spiral as it is and this will be the final nail in the coffin. Seeing how most Californians are borderline retarded this bill will be a go if I had to bet on it.
I would think that would make the impacted Cali schools just go to Independent status? Or is there a bigger impact to where they cant compete in Div 1 football?

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with losing UCLA and Cal.

Bring us BYU and either Boise or New Mexico
LOL, "and either Boise or New Mexico". Let's see, do I feel like winning today OR getting bitch slapped....hmmm, it's just too early in the morning to say.