• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caldwell decision coming today.

Caldwell?

• Retained

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Fired

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Quinn is willing to replace Caldwell but retain Cooter nonetheless, then I'm fine with that.
A new head coach would want to hire his own coaching staff and not be forced to take a coach he has no rapport with. If you like Cooter then Caldwell should stay.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I do not understand is why Quinn does not interview some guys and then decide if they are better than Caldwell or not or if they do not accept then bring Caldwell back? Why cut him loose with out having an agreement from someone else.

Says all women before they leave a relationship.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as a coaching change -- I'd like to see Caldwell gone, but only because I'd like Austin hired in before he goes elsewhere. Or the very least, whoever is brought in keeps Austin.

JBC -- I'm not 100% sold on, as the only solid defense they played was St. Louis and we only scored 14 and lost -- the rest of the teams we beat up on, so did everyone else. So I don't see JBC as doing something we haven't seen before. Obviously he is much better than Lombardi, but wouldn't be the end of the world if he was replaced.

Aaron Rodgers played against the same teams.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Aaron Rodgers have to do with what I said?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I do not understand is why Quinn does not interview some guys and then decide if they are better than Caldwell or not or if they do not accept then bring Caldwell back? Why cut him loose with out having an agreement from someone else.

IMO Quinn wants to interview just one person he should let Caldwell go. I don't see how that benefits your relationship with Caldwell going forward if you retain him afterwards? I just see turmoil starting day one.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree he has had a rough year. That will happen when you lose your #1 WR for the year and your offensive line has been decimated by injuries. Next man up only works if you have a next who can produce. Rodgers was battered this year. I believe they play Arizona this week, who sacked him 9 times when they played.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BQ won't be giving Jim Caldwell any excuses like Lions fans give him. Best Lions coach in awhile? Big deal. Lost some played to injuries? That's the NFL. BQ doesn't see things through the eyes of a Lions fan.

Jim Caldwell will be interviewing for his own job.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BQ won't be giving Jim Caldwell any excuses like Lions fans give him. Best Lions coach in awhile? Big deal. Lost some played to injuries? That's the NFL. BQ doesn't see things through the eyes of a Lions fan.

Jim Caldwell will be interviewing for his own job.

JC made several mistakes during the season including getting in the way of the offense when we got ahead in games. The GB Hail Mary reeks of Caldwell as well.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC made several mistakes during the season including getting in the way of the offense when we got ahead in games. The GB Hail Mary reeks of Caldwell as well.

Austin totally threw JC under the bus on that Hail Mary play, all but coming out and saying he (Austin) had nothing to do with the call. I believe him.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin totally threw JC under the bus on that Hail Mary play, all but coming out and saying he (Austin) had nothing to do with the call. I believe him.

I would like JC as managementm maybe Asst GM. He seems to be a people person. Unfortunately, when it comes to the technical decisions in coaching football he is a bit of a bumblefuck.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like JC as managementm maybe Asst GM. He seems to be a people person. Unfortunately, when it comes to the technical decisions in coaching football he is a bit of a bumblefuck.

He can be the new door greater at Ford Field.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers hired ex-Eagles coach Chip Kelly as head coach.

Kelly converted his only opportunity. Aside from San Francisco, his market was ice cold following his firing from Philadelphia. Although Kelly was clearly ready to take any NFL job he could get, he's inheriting one of the worst ones in the league. The 49ers' roster has hollowed out over the past year, and GM Trent Baalke has proven exceptionally difficult to work for. The quarterback situation is a mess. Kelly proved in Philadelphia he didn't require a mobile signal caller to run his offense, but we'd expect him to favor Colin Kaepernick over Blaine Gabbert. Kap offers Kelly an intriguing second chance, and vice versa. Kelly won't control the 53-man roster after doing so to disastrous results in Philadelphia. We'd assume Kelly learned some hard lessons with the Eagles. All things considered, it's a great hire for an organization that didn't seem to have many good options after (rightfully) firing Jim Tomsula.
Related: Eagles

The dominos are falling fast.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Kelly off the market. Means I don't have to worry about seeing his ass in Detroit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see Kelly off the market. Means I don't have to worry about seeing his ass in Detroit.

Too bad no one else has hired Caldwell yet.