• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C-19 Vaccinations

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league can and probably will end up having to shut down a lot of its operations if the virus with its variants gets worse. And what’s the union going to do go to court and hope they can find a judge who will order the league to play

The league didn’t shut down operations last season when we were getting over 100,000 new cases every day…without the existence of the vaccine.

Now you think they will shut down the season with a vaccine in existence? Dumb as dirt.

Your last sentence makes no sense. The arbitrator would see the league is violating the CBA by punishing players with a suspension without pay when another acceptable alternative exists. I think you may want to learn how unions work.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wonderful attitude they would be dead anyway. Don’t take this wrong no never mind take it wrong, get the virus, don’t get the vaccine and let yourself die because you’re going to die anyway.

So…you think I should look at the life of a person with a year left the same as I do somebody with 50 years left? Sorry…that is t how it works.

Dumb ass…I already had the virus.

But you are right…if you don’t get the vaccine, and you die from COVID, it will be your own fault…and you would die anyways.

Stop trying to save people’s lives. It is their call. If your vaccine is all you claim it is…why are you worried about people making the vaccinated sick?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the 1940-50s a Lobotomy in the treatment of certain mental disorders was considered "Settled Science". If a doctor questioned this barbaric procedure he would have been viewed as ignorant or inadequate.

In fact, in 1949, the inventor of the procedure, Doctor António Egas Moniz, was awarded the Nobel Prize for his discovery. Lobotomy was considered Standard of Care, and any neurosurgeon not performing this accepted procedure would have been considered sub-standard.

Looking back now, we realize how ignorant these doctors were, and how dangerous this procedure was. Thousands of patients had their SELF destroyed by this procedure and became docile, robotic, non-humans

So, when you hear someone say the phrase "Settled Science, just remember that the Lobotomy used to be that. When you hear someone talk about Standard of Care, realize that this is often based on no meaningful research, and based entirely on the opinions of a few "experts" in the field.

There is no such thing as Settled Science, everything should be questioned and studied.

Standard of Care is a false paradigm implying that we know everything about a subject there is to know, and that this model should not be questioned.

Think, study, watch, research, debate; we are figuring it out as we go.

Ridiculous assertion. Absolutely preposterous.

Science, like thinking, is constantly evolving.

There are missteps, certainly. But the successes outweigh the missteps by an unquantifiable order of magnitude.

The very internet in which antivaxxers find their bullshit arguments, using a tablet, iphone, or monitor of their choice is brought to you by science.

So is the Polio vaccine. And penicilin. And antibiotics. And flu shots.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league didn’t shut down operations last season when we were getting over 100,000 new cases every day…without the existence of the vaccine.

Now you think they will shut down the season with a vaccine in existence? Dumb as dirt.

Your last sentence makes no sense. The arbitrator would see the league is violating the CBA by punishing players with a suspension without pay when another acceptable alternative exists. I think you may want to learn how unions work.
What alternative?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So…you think I should look at the life of a person with a year left the same as I do somebody with 50 years left? Sorry…that is t how it works.

Dumb ass…I already had the virus.

But you are right…if you don’t get the vaccine, and you die from COVID, it will be your own fault…and you would die anyways.

Stop trying to save people’s lives. It is their call. If your vaccine is all you claim it is…why are you worried about people making the vaccinated sick?
I don’t claim anything. The evidence shows the vaccine works vaccinated people show no or little reaction to even the Delta variant. Hopefully you find yourself in the shits with this stuff and we can say who cares you’re going to die anyway

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t claim anything. The evidence shows the vaccine works vaccinated people show no or little reaction to even the Delta variant. Hopefully you find yourself in the shits with this stuff and we can say who cares you’re going to die anyway

You are making a claim here and now. It is a claim you are parroting from the press and Fauci.

You fail to look at the observable facts in England. You fail to understand how this virus is minimal risk to those without pre-existing conditions, the young, and those who are in reasonable shape.

I was in the shits with COVID. I was in a third world country, caught it, ended up with Covid pneumonia, and fully recovered. I am middle aged, have HBP, and am overweight. If the odds get any worse, I might as well shoot myself according to your type of alarmism.

Now, let’s think about this for a minute. We can agree the only people really at risk are the old and immuno-compromised correct?

Why don’t all those people get vaccinated? The vaccine makes it almost impossible for them to catch it and if they do, the symptoms are much lighter and death is basically impossible, right?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the minimum no butts in the seats so no money coming in and at the worst the Biden Administration orders a total lockdown which ends the season

If there is a game, there will be butts in the seats. There will be a game, unless the owners cancel them.

If Biden orders a total lockdown, the season is cancelled regardless of player vaccination status.

Any other crazy bullshit you want?

Do you think it will be worse than last year with over 100k new cases per day?
How could it possibly be because more than 50% of the population now has the vaccine?
If everything wasn’t shut down last year, what makes you believe it will be this year?

Learn to think for yourself. Stop letting the world tell you what to think. Get out of mommy’s basement, get a job, breathe some fresh air, and live life. Or just go shoot yourself and call it a day. Just stop bitching.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous assertion. Absolutely preposterous.

Science, like thinking, is constantly evolving.

There are missteps, certainly. But the successes outweigh the missteps by an unquantifiable order of magnitude.

The very internet in which antivaxxers find their bullshit arguments, using a tablet, iphone, or monitor of their choice is brought to you by science.

So is the Polio vaccine. And penicilin. And antibiotics. And flu shots.
there is a difference between" settled science" and science

right now only someone who is totally arrogant will think we have all the answers and no all outcomes

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are 7 billion people in this world 4 million have died that is 0.0005714%, that is simple math . everyone on this planets is living through this pandemic

that is a 99.9994286% you wont get it or you get it and survive

you have almost no chance of getting it much less passing it on

i am even rarer out of the 0.0005714 % i am one of the 1-2 % who has gotten it twice

that is 0.00001142 to the 5th power

i have almost no chance of dyeing from it or getting it a 3rd time so why take the vaccine ? why risk a side affect that affects me , my family or future children ?

the funny thing is no one in my family got covid and they live in my household l they key was sanitation

if you get it once you have almost no chance of getting it again

for perspective the black plague killed 75 to 100 million people or about 1/3 the population of europe 33%

when do hippa rights come into play ? does the company have a right to order you to get flu shots ? pneumonia shots ? shingles ? what about mandating how many kids you have ? maybe dictating what meds to take for various illnesses ? or having risky surgeries ? or maybe even having babies ? how far does this go on ? you are saying they have a blanket right to dictate medical stuff

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HIPPA simply protects your privacy. It doesn’t prevent an employer from firing you if you don’t divulge the information.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • 4,115 people have been hospitalized or died with Covid-19 despite being fully vaccinated.
  • The total number of individuals who died after contracting Covid-19 despite vaccination is 750.
  • 76% of hospitalizations and deaths from breakthrough cases occurred in people over the age of 65.
from the CDC The CDC doesn’t count every breakthrough case. It stopped counting all breakthrough cases May 1 and now only tallies those that lead to hospitalization or death, a move the agency was criticized for by health experts.

Between December 2020 and July 19th, 2021, VAERS received 6,207 reports of death (0.0018% of doses) among people who got a vaccine,

now look at that number 0.018% minuscule, much like the chances of me dying from it but how much flack do you get ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HIPPA simply protects your privacy. It doesn’t prevent an employer from firing you if you don’t divulge the information.
wasnt linking that to the other questions but thanks for answering it because i didnt know

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are 7 billion people in this world 4 million have died that is 0.0005714%, that is simple math . everyone on this planets is living through this pandemic

that is a 99.9994286% you wont get it or you get it and survive

you have almost no chance of getting it much less passing it on

i am even rarer out of the 0.0005714 % i am one of the 1-2 % who has gotten it twice

that is 0.00001142 to the 5th power

i have almost no chance of dyeing from it or getting it a 3rd time so why take the vaccine ? why risk a side affect that affects me , my family or future children ?

the funny thing is no one in my family got covid and they live in my household l they key was sanitation

if you get it once you have almost no chance of getting it again

for perspective the black plague killed 75 to 100 million people or about 1/3 the population of europe 33%

when do hippa rights come into play ? does the company have a right to order you to get flu shots ? pneumonia shots ? shingles ? what about mandating how many kids you have ? maybe dictating what meds to take for various illnesses ? or having risky surgeries ? or maybe even having babies ? how far does this go on ? you are saying they have a blanket right to dictate medical stuff
You forgot to move the decimal when you made it a percentage. 4 million/7 billion = 0.057% (and although the 7 billion number is pretty stable, the 4 million keeps growing).

As you point out, people can get it twice. That happened in Manaus, Brazil. Probably most people including the vaccinated will have gotten it more than once in the next few years, with mild or no symptoms and no record of the infections.

It seems fundamentally unfair for the NFL to avoid testing vaccinated players and then isolate unvaccinated players because of a positive test. If the vaccine is completely protective, an unvaccinated player poses no threat to vaccinated players. If it’s not completely protective, every infected player, vaccinated or not, poses a risk to his team.

If this were challenged, a possible ruling would be to treat everybody the same.

And the league may even expect this, but by the time it happens they will have gotten very high participation anyway, which is their goal.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a difference between" settled science" and science

right now only someone who is totally arrogant will think we have all the answers and no all outcomes

All “settled science” was, by definition, “unsettled science,” before it was proven beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Your point is absurd.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your numbers dont mean shit.

No NFL player works in a vacuum.
Should alll physical therapists, cooks, trainers, secretaries, massage therapists, doctors, baggage claim attendents, pilots, flight attendents, referees, team officilas, and stadium workers be exposed to Cole Beasley’s personal whims because he is an antivaxxer?

What if they cant get the vaccine? What if they live with someone who has comorbidies?

They should be exposed to Cole Beasley’s selfishness becAuse he wants to get paid a shitload of money to play a game, AND he wants to flaunt the rules?

Fuck Cole Beasley.