• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYU wants in Big12

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 10 years the Ncaa won't be in control and the conference's won't look anything like the way we know it now.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a word of truth in any of this - from an alumn of 2 of these schools and close family ties to the other. The SEC East hasn't been marginalized at all, and none of the schools you list would think for a second about leaving the SEC. Other than your ass, where do you get this stuff? Jeez.

ANY school is in play if the money is right, don't kid yourself.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone looked around. Generally tier 2 schools moved for fear of being left out in the cold. I agree that the Big 12 will not survive long term without major changes. There will be a new round of expansion or reorganization that happens, probably begore any of us expect.

I think Texas fans would like the PAC and Oklahoma fans would like the SEC. That's the feel I got at the time from Texas fans. I wouldn't mind the PAC, but wouldn't be my first choice by any means.
I don't think that Texas and Oklahoma staying together through the next move is as important as people want to make out. I think they could go their separate ways, make plenty of money for themselves and make money for whatever conferences they end up in and have one of the best OOC rivalries there has ever been, built right into the deal.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Longhorns would prefer the Big 12 remain a conference and be a part of it. The dumbest thing that DeLoss Dodds didn't say was that Texas was committed to the Big 12 for the long term and that this partnership worked even if some schools weren't happy with getting beat by Texas in athletic competitions.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 10 years the Ncaa won't be in control and the conference's won't look anything like the way we know it now.

and I disagree. Who is the Big Ten going to grab? Is the SEC going west or north of Texas? Can the Pac attract another team east of the Rockies?

I could see the Big Ten reaching out to UCF, but who else?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I disagree. Who is the Big Ten going to grab? Is the SEC going west or north of Texas? Can the Pac attract another team east of the Rockies?

I could see the Big Ten reaching out to UCF, but who else?

UNC and Duke have both expressed interest in going to the Big Ten, but obviously they want to see what happens to Maryland. Obviously it adds nothing for football but will become the premier conference for basketball.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC and Duke have both expressed interest in going to the Big Ten, but obviously they want to see what happens to Maryland. Obviously it adds nothing for football but will become the premier conference for basketball.

This corporate merger mentality is a bit ridiculous. I really don't care what happens to other Big 12 schools. I want Texas to win. I graduated from it in 1985 and even I consider the silly "my school's teams are the best ever" to be silly. I remember when Texas played basketball in Gregory Gym and I was there.

The Big 12 is here to stay, even if they stay at 10 teams. You don't have to get bigger to be better.

The Pac took Colorado, not to get better but to break up the Big 12 and get a CCG. Colorado is now sucking the tit from Cali schools and didn't really add tv watchers.

The Big Ten got Nebraska and guess what they just got the name and the girls gymnasts. I have to admit I like watching firm, athletic girls jump and such, but is that enough. ... and now they are adding Maryland and Rutgers?

Yep, the SEC got Missouri and a&m, 2 schools that have a great athletic history. LMAO.

Big 12 is here and it's going to be here for a long time.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This corporate merger mentality is a bit ridiculous. I really don't care what happens to other Big 12 schools. I want Texas to win. I graduated from it in 1985 and even I consider the silly "my school's teams are the best ever" to be silly. I remember when Texas played basketball in Gregory Gym and I was there.

The Big 12 is here to stay, even if they stay at 10 teams. You don't have to get bigger to be better.

The Pac took Colorado, not to get better but to break up the Big 12 and get a CCG. Colorado is now sucking the tit from Cali schools and didn't really add tv watchers.

The Big Ten got Nebraska and guess what they just got the name and the girls gymnasts. I have to admit I like watching firm, athletic girls jump and such, but is that enough. ... and now they are adding Maryland and Rutgers?

Yep, the SEC got Missouri and a&m, 2 schools that have a great athletic history. LMAO.

Big 12 is here and it's going to be here for a long time.

Missouri and aTm are worlds better than what the Big12 pulled in. West Virginia, who made it's name beating up on the ACC in BCS bowl games, (congrats to the ACC who just made it to 5 BCS wins and the first time ever to have two in the same season) and TCU. How much viewership did that add? If you want to say that losing Misery and aTm for WVU and TCU is a victory, just keep drinking that Kool-Aid. Does Nebraska and Colorado bring in more viewers than WVU and TCU, yes. Not even your precious Big12 is immune from bringing in a turd and trying to shine it up for you.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of UCF and The B12 getting into Florida, if indeed the other P5 programs are off the table but I'm not sold that they are. The LHN isn't as dead as some think (it's being packaged with the SEC network)and the B12 (+FOX)has deeper pockets than some would like to believe.
If we are left to pick up "mid majors" then IMO UCF,Cincy, and Penn (for our Duke/Vandy ect.) would be good gets.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri and aTm are worlds better than what the Big12 pulled in. West Virginia, who made it's name beating up on the ACC in BCS bowl games, (congrats to the ACC who just made it to 5 BCS wins and the first time ever to have two in the same season) and TCU. How much viewership did that add? If you want to say that losing Misery and aTm for WVU and TCU is a victory, just keep drinking that Kool-Aid. Does Nebraska and Colorado bring in more viewers than WVU and TCU, yes. Not even your precious Big12 is immune from bringing in a turd and trying to shine it up for you.

ACC/SEC/and B12 respectively there champ. God help them if a pathetic BIG team ever got in our way.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC/SEC/and B12 respectively there champ. God help them if a pathetic BIG team ever got in our way.

What ACC/SEC champs are you talking about? The ACC is a horrible conference when it comes to winning big games throughout the BCS era, by far the worst AQ conference and has one more BCS win than the Mountain West.

But yes, the Big Ten is a pathetic conference, but in the last three years Michigan State beat the Pac champ and the SEC runner up. Fuck the rest of the Big Ten.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri and aTm are worlds better than what the Big12 pulled in. .

What? Missouri wasn't even wanted by the Big Ten and were a distraction from them trying to get Nebraska. AFA a&m, biggest and best chokers in college sports.:yahoo:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Missouri wasn't even wanted by the Big Ten and were a distraction from them trying to get Nebraska. AFA a&m, biggest and best chokers in college sports.:yahoo:

Agreed they are not premier programs. But you got TCU and West Virginia in their place. TCU has done nothing since joining the big boy conferences (11-14 in two seasons) and West Virginia has been the exact same (7-6 and 4-8) and got smoked in their bowl game by Syracuse :twitch:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only who cares. Texas is back in the CWS for a record 36th time. Hook'em Horns!

Or not.

LOL @ the Big 12 being reduced to adding mid-majors. There are no ACC, SEC, Big 10, or PAC 12 teams that will join the Texas 10.

Your butt-hurt is full of anger and delusion.

Agreed they are not premier programs. But you got TCU and West Virginia in their place. TCU has done nothing since joining the big boy conferences (11-14 in two seasons) and West Virginia has been the exact same (7-6 and 4-8) and got smoked in their bowl game by Syracuse :twitch:

Maryland and Rutgers are weaker additions in terms of on field performance than West Virginia and TCU IMO. I really do think the Big 12 is one damn fine conference, strong and deep.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryland and Rutgers are weaker additions in terms of on field performance than West Virginia and TCU IMO. I really do think the Big 12 is one damn fine conference, strong and deep.

Oh yes, Maryland and Rutgers bring nothing of quality to the football field. I was just discussing that losing aTm and Missouri and getting WVU and TCU is not a gain for the Big12.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes, Maryland and Rutgers bring nothing of quality to the football field. I was just discussing that losing aTm and Missouri and getting WVU and TCU is not a gain for the Big12.

... and Maryland and Rutgers should be ignored? They suck, but will improve because they will now be part of the Big Ten???

Big 12 is here and nothing that the Pac, the Big Ten and the Sec did killed the conference.

Nebraska. a sucky team that had history and tradition, that they forsake for money. Good for them in 20 years or so.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Denver is a top 20 media market. Colorado isn't complete dead weight on the money end, they just suck at football. Since there is basically nothing in between Seattle and Minneapolis, the Pac's expansion options were limited. Adding SLC and Denver is about the best they can do until they're able to break up the Big 12 and add Texas and Oklahoma.

It's the same problem for the Big 12 really. There isn't anything worth adding out west. You just get Iowa State-like cash lampreys at the best case.

Last edited by a moderator: