• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYU wants in Big12

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and Texas A&M.....Replace with mid-majors Boise State, BYU, Colorado State, Memphis or UCF

LMFAO, how's that workin' out for ya?

Funny thing is, BSU, BYU and UCF would beat the fuck out of CU and NU today. Both would probably whip Aggy today too, since JF has moved on to the NFL.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA and UF would make twice as much money in the Big 12 than they would in the SEC. Today, it's all about money. History and tradition do not mean dick anymore. UGA and UF would be able to create their own networks and make three times more money then they could ever dream of in the SEC. This scenario isn't out of the realm, since today it's all about MONEY! I hate it, can't stand it, but that's how it is.

:lol::lol:

how would they make more money?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
byu question aside, only expansions that makes true sense for big12 is florida. after all all this latest mess is just about markets and money. And at this point id imagine ucf/usf is a package deal, but they would need more eastern partners to make it worthwhile. big12 blew it in regards to expansion when they sat on their hands instead of making full court press on louisville.

I couldn't agree more. The Big 12 is not going to get Florida, period, and the chances that they would get FSU is very slim. But they can get in Florida with what is in my opinion 2 sleeping giants in USF and UCF. I honestly can't understand why this hasn't happened already. There are a lot of TVs in the Orlando and Tampa Bay areas.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, BSU, BYU and UCF would beat the fuck out of CU and NU today. Both would probably whip Aggy today too, since JF has moved on to the NFL.

Or not.

LOL @ the Big 12 being reduced to adding mid-majors. There are no ACC, SEC, Big 10, or PAC 12 teams that will join the Texas 10.

Your butt-hurt is full of anger and delusion.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Arkansas, but what about adding them to the Big XII? That could rekindle the Texas rivalry. In all honesty, would the SEC miss Arkansas? Then, maybe add Houston (?). I think an overall makeover is needed with these conferences, but regarding the Big XII it could look like this:

NORTH
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St
Kansas
Kansas St
Iowa St
West Virginia
SOUTH
Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor
TCU
Houston
Arkansas

OU-Texas would be a fixed annual game. No way in hell that could get screwed up the way the OU-Nebraska series got fucked. Then again.....?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas would be a poor choice as it adds few TV sets.

BYU is actually the only school that legitimately adds Viewership. Big 12 waited too long. There really is nothing out there at this time. Eventually the Big 12 will get swallowed when the next round of realignment takes place. Forgot how long the GOR is for, but I would expect this all to start again 12 months before it is about to end

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says who? only one complaining about this game is les miles....
and thinking florida would ever leave the sec for the big12 is ludicrous.

where do you get this stuff? only thing regarding texas schools ive ever seen is that sec was interested in texas and fsu in the original 92 expansion. texas balked because they wanted aTm to come too. and the then commissioner blew the fsu deal. ended up settling for arky and usc.

There's an old('95 or so), quite lengthly article done as if it was typed on the internet. I found it once and haven't been able to find it since. Found it, it is reprinted here.
The Sports Minority Report: The greatest Realignment articles I have ever read --- THE DEMISE OF THE SOUTHWEST CONFERENCE by M. Wagrin

LSU wanted a&m, had discussions with them, but none with Texas. It's inferred.

If you read it, you'll noted that a&m was bribed to go the Big 12 with a new basketball arena, the Reed Arena, as they were ready to go to the SEC.

For the record, I don't think Florida will leave the SEC. They could make more money because they would be able to keep their own network and all the revenue.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU is actually the only school that legitimately adds Viewership. Big 12 waited too long. There really is nothing out there at this time. Eventually the Big 12 will get swallowed when the next round of realignment takes place. Forgot how long the GOR is for, but I would expect this all to start again 12 months before it is about to end

The GOR ends in 2025.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GOR ends in 2025.

It will probably be awhile then. I am not sure GOR is as iron clad as many believe it to be, but I think the threat of the unknown penalties is enough to scare ADs from pressing its legality.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Florida markets are growth markets AND college football markets.
Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Panhandle, and even south Florida (to a lesser degree) are hotbeds of college football first fans

Not, to mention the Florida recruiting pipeline would improve the overall product.

UCF and others might not have the infrastructure now, but they are more than worth the long term growth model.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Florida markets are growth markets AND college football markets.
Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, Panhandle, and even south Florida (to a lesser degree) are hotbeds of college football first fans

Not, to mention the Florida recruiting pipeline would improve the overall product.

UCF and others might not have the infrastructure now, but they are more than worth the long term growth model.
UCF has almost 60k students. The growth is coming. Who cares if they become a cellar dweller for a few seasons.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or not.

LOL @ the Big 12 being reduced to adding mid-majors. There are no ACC, SEC, Big 10, or PAC 12 teams that will join the Texas 10.

Your butt-hurt is full of anger and delusion.

LOL, there is zero butt hurt or delusion. NU can barely compete with the likes of Wyoming, is getting whipped by B1G bottom feeders like Minnesota and getting 70 dropped on their defense nowadays. CU is getting beat by FCS schools and is a complete joke today. BYU and UCF would slaughter NU and CU with ease. UCF would be a great addition to the Big 12, expanding into the Florida market would be great for the conference.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and Texas A&M.....Replace with mid-majors Boise State, BYU, Colorado State, Memphis or UCF

LMFAO, how's that workin' out for ya?

Quite well. The remaining Big 12 schools are getting more revenue than the schools that left.

In 2011, 8 Big 12 teams qualified for bowl games. 80% of the members. They went 6-2 and were tied for most wins. The Big Ten teams went 4-6.
In 2012, 9 Big 12 teams qualified for bowl games. 90% of the members, highest percentage ever for any conference.

As you know, 4 Big 12 baseball teams hosted super-regionals, more than any other conference in 2014.

Clearly, the Big 12 is doing just fine.

<sarcasm begins> ... and the Big Ten adds powerhouse athletic programs like Rutgers and Maryland. <sarcasm ends>

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, there is zero butt hurt or delusion. NU can barely compete with the likes of Wyoming, is getting whipped by B1G bottom feeders like Minnesota and getting 70 dropped on their defense nowadays. CU is getting beat by FCS schools and is a complete joke today. BYU and UCF would slaughter NU and CU with ease. UCF would be a great addition to the Big 12, expanding into the Florida market would be great for the conference.

Like they slaughtered Texas with ease? LOL. You don't know that they would have beaten Nebraska because they didn't play. You Texas fucks have massive butt-hurt over all 4 of the teams that left for more secure and trustable associates.

Enjoy getting your vaginas kicked in by lowly Baylor. What are they 3 outta 4 against you now?

2013 - (30-10)
2011 - (48-24)
2010 - (30-22)

BYU is 3 outta 4 against you too. :pound:

Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and Texas A&M all showed that they don't need Texas. Texas threatened to break-up the Big 12 in trade for further member concessions (that would benefit Texas), but those 4 teams called your bluff and said "adios". There-in lies the massive Texas butt-hurt. Like a scorned bitch who's lost control.

Back to the original subject.

There are no SEC, ACC, Big 10, or PAC 12 teams that will join the Texas 10. NONE. Your pond scum is reduced to begging mid-majors to come aboard. Teams that 'need' Texas. Texas depends on keeping their fellow conference members down to hide their fraudulent 'Does Less With the Most' program.

That's all anybody needs to know.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like they slaughtered Texas with ease? LOL. You don't know that they would have beaten Nebraska because they didn't play. You Texas fucks have massive butt-hurt over all 4 of the teams that left for more secure and trustable associates.

Enjoy getting your vaginas kicked in by lowly Baylor. What are they 3 outta 4 against you now?

2013 - (30-10)
2011 - (48-24)
2010 - (30-22)

BYU is 3 outta 4 against you too. :pound:

Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and Texas A&M all showed that they don't need Texas. Texas threatened to break-up the Big 12 in trade for further member concessions (that would benefit Texas), but those 4 teams called your bluff and said "adios". There-in lies the massive Texas butt-hurt. Like a scorned bitch who's lost control.

Back to the original subject.

There are no SEC, ACC, Big 10, or PAC 12 teams that will join the Texas 10. NONE. Your pond scum is reduced to begging mid-majors to come aboard. Teams that 'need' Texas. Texas depends on keeping their fellow conference members down to hide their fraudulent 'Does Less With the Most' program.

That's all anybody needs to know.

Your post reeks of butthurt.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post reeks of butthurt.

Why would Nebraska or it's fans be butthurt? They are in the secure Big 10. Colorado, Missouri, and Texas A&M are all happy to be away from that cesspool as well.

Once again...NO SEC, ACC, Big 10, or PAC 12 teams will join the Texas 10.

NONE!!!!

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Nebraska or it's fans be butthurt? They are in the secure Big 10. Colorado, Missouri, and Texas A&M are all happy to be away from that cesspool as well.

Once again...NO SEC, ACC, Big 10, or PAC 12 teams will join the Texas 10.

NONE!!!!

:omg: You do realize that insecurity in the Big 12 was caused by Nebraska holding secret meetings with the Big Ten. I guess Texas and the remaining Big 12 members were probably at fault for not sucking up to Nebraska, but why should they have done that? As Perlman admitted Nebraska got practically everything they wanted from the Big 12, but it wasn't enough.

The logical explanation is Nebraska did it for money and to get away from having to playing Texas 2 times every 4 years.

The best part of this whole expansion/merging issue is that the Big 12 shows a conference doesn't need to grow to succeed. ... and it was satisfying to see Nebraska get demolished by Wisconsin in 2012. Losing is becoming a tradition for Nebraska and blaming others for its' own actions.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that most schools made some kind of outreach to another conference or conferences and it spiraled out of control, rumors picked up, fear of being left out played a part in what everyone did.
Conference schools were not sure the Big12 was staying together and neither did I.

I don't see the Big12 adding any great teams and just don't see it as a Conference after the next expansions unless it does, so it's just a matter of time before the conference collapses in my opinion.

I almost wished it had happened instead of sitting here for years knowing it's undecided.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that most schools made some kind of outreach to another conference or conferences and it spiraled out of control, rumors picked up, fear of being left out played a part in what everyone did.
Conference schools were not sure the Big12 was staying together and neither did I.

I don't see the Big12 adding any great teams and just don't see it as a Conference after the next expansions unless it does, so it's just a matter of time before the conference collapses in my opinion.

I almost wished it had happened instead of sitting here for years knowing it's undecided.

Everyone looked around. Generally tier 2 schools moved for fear of being left out in the cold. I agree that the Big 12 will not survive long term without major changes. There will be a new round of expansion or reorganization that happens, probably begore any of us expect.