• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYU wants in Big12

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B12 would be dumb to go more than 10. Wish the P10 still existed. Only way to crown a true conference champ.

Don't do it B12!!

The co-champ model is garbage.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Chris Peterson gone, Boise could be in for its downfall. Truthfully with him gone, I would not extend an offer to Boise. Also, I would make the offer with the stipulation they pull up the Smurf Turf, something I am not sure Boise would do.

As long as BSU plays in that shit conference, the program will be fine. Hell, KU football would be just as relevant as BSU is in the MWC. When Hawkins left, Koetter dominated. When Koetter left, Petersen dominated. The new BSU coach won't miss a beat in that weak as fuck conference.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For BYU, the Big 12 is the only conference that makes sense. For some reason TCU and Baylor are not to keen on it though(religious beliefs maybe?). More than likely, Baylor's Ken Starr wants to sue the Mormons for being Mormon. Ken Starr is one sue happy fella.

West Virginia is asking for some consideration from the Big 12 for traveling right now. The burden placed on the WVU non-football student athletes is not good. Football is okay for travel, but the other team student athletes are getting hammered with back to back road games that are three days apart.

Imagine a 2000 mile trip for WVU to BYU. Then two days later, a trip to Lubbock, Texas.

The Baylor Baptists are very clear on their stance on gays. But, for some reason if they make a lot of money off of a gay player, they have no problem with it. Isn't that a sin, Greed? Ken Starr allowed an openly gay woman to play for his school(since she brought fame and money), yet Baylor will not employ openly gay people. Ken Starr is one of the biggest hypocrites in the world. I have zero respect for Ken Starr.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Big XII is going to stay at 10 teams they need to change their damn name. Likewise Big 10.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BIG 12 is going to Florida first.

It has no real desire to expand to the mountain states.
Colorado was already a pain in the ass and bled money from the league.

They really wanted the Florida State thing to heat up as a first choice.
But, that was more of wishful thinking and a long shot.

But, now I can see them grabbing UCF and maybe another Florida school

Plant the flag in both TEXAS/FLORIDA.

I agree, I think BYU would be a good add but I believe the eyes are pointed eastward, they are for the BIG and I think they are for the Big12 too.

If I were running the Big12 I would court Auburn

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think BYU would be a good add but I believe the eyes are pointed eastward, they are for the BIG and I think they are for the Big12 too.

If I were running the Big12 I would court Auburn

If the Big 12 were to actually go after a SEC team, it should be Florida. They are getting screwed by the rest of the SEC with the annual LSU rivalry.

... and no the Big 12 will not drop WVU for BYU. That would be insane.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 will be trying to keep up with the Jonses. It is wishful thinking that they might stay at 10. It won't be long before they are at 12 or even 14. I share others concerns about adding Boise at this point. They may not miss a beat but I wouldn't chance it right now. BYU is a good choice. They need to find a conference. I never thought their indie experiment would last long. They are no ND. USF and UCF would be great additions. Cincinatti would be a good choice. So if I were in charge, I would add those 4. BYU, UCF, USF and Cinci.

And, no the Big 12 and Big 10 don't need to change their names any more than the Pac12 with teams not on the Pacific coast needs to, no more than the SEC who's now in the southwest and midwest needs to, no more than the ACC who doesn't only have teams on the Atlantic coast needs to. Its just a name.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Big 12 were to actually go after a SEC team, it should be Florida. They are getting screwed by the rest of the SEC with the annual LSU rivalry.

If this is the case, LSU makes more sense than Florida geographically and they are obviously being screwed too if Florida is.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Florida would be the crown jewel I agree but Auburn MIGHT be willing to listen first depending on the money they could bring in the B12 and our T3 rights+the added $ from a CCG. Could be a situation like A&M needing to step out of the shadow. Would Auburn consider "Tiger TV"? I dunno, but I'd have the conversation.

And I know about the dropping comment, I was kidding.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Auburn or Florida or anyone else in the SEC even talks to the Big12 the President and everyone in the athletic department should be fired immediately.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Auburn or Florida or anyone else in the SEC even talks to the Big12 the President and everyone in the athletic department should be fired immediately.

My thoughts exactly.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC is right there nowadays as strong as B1G and PAC as far as conference stability.

And that says a lot.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Georgia or especially Florida at least listening to offers.
I doubt the Big 12 could ever possibly make a strong enough offer.

But those teams (plus Vandy) would listen to any strong offers from other leagues.
It would be a miracle of epic proportions, but it would not hurt to ask.

I think the Big 10 would have the best shot at some crazy longshot like that one.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU would be a great add. UCF would be the best, but adding them both would be ideal.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the case, LSU makes more sense than Florida geographically and they are obviously being screwed too if Florida is.

I agree with your statements, but LSU doesn't like UT. Back in '95 and '96, the SEC was looking at a&m as a member, but LSU was vetoing UT and it fell through.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Georgia or especially Florida at least listening to offers.
I doubt the Big 12 could ever possibly make a strong enough offer.

But those teams (plus Vandy) would listen to any strong offers from other leagues.
It would be a miracle of epic proportions, but it would not hurt to ask.

Agreed. One of the reasons that Auburn would NOT be chased is because of their problems with the NCAA and following the rules.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the PAC would drop Colorado and get BYU instead.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the PAC would drop Colorado and get BYU instead.

Never, ever happen. The PAC 12 does not want religious schools at this time. AT ALL.

PAC 10 said no to Baylor and said no to BYU, took Colorado and Utah instead.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 screwed up with FSU and Clemson listening. They dragged their feet waiting to hear from ND, was monumentally stupid. Ended up really pis ding Clemson off. At the time I was for inviting UCF, USF, FSU, and Miami. That would given FSU and Miami something to legitimate to consider. Not to mention Florida politicians would have been putting pressure to get it done, as 3 states schools would have received a nice bump in revenue. Oh well