• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYU wants in Big12

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Good for Nebraska. They will be in a secure conference that consists of the teams that are in now and likely a few more.

Texas will be Independent or in something that resembles the former SWC.

"Hello Rice and SMU, this is Austin. Our underhanded failure to bargain in good faith has chased everybody away again. You wanna get back together?"

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and Maryland and Rutgers should be ignored? They suck, but will improve because they will now be part of the Big Ten???

Big 12 is here and nothing that the Pac, the Big Ten and the Sec did killed the conference.

Nebraska. a sucky team that had history and tradition, that they forsake for money. Good for them in 20 years or so.

Let us revisit 1993-1995.

Texas bails on longtime rivals, SMU, Rice, Houston, and TCU to join another conference. And for what? More money.

So, Texas fans know all about a team that forsakes history and tradition for more money. History has proven that Texas tried it in 2010 and in 2011 also. For some reason, four teams left the Big 12, and Oklahoma threatened to leave in September 2011 and that reason is Texas.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Denver is a top 20 media market. Colorado isn't complete dead weight on the money end, they just suck at football. Since there is basically nothing in between Seattle and Minneapolis, the Pac's expansion options were limited. Adding SLC and Denver is about the best they can do until they're able to break up the Big 12 and add Texas and Oklahoma.

Oops, that didn't happen and won't happen.

Colorado sucks at almost everything except snow sports, excluding hockey. Oh hell, they suck at everything that matters.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Good for Nebraska. They will be in a secure conference that consists of the teams that are in now and likely a few more.

Texas will be Independent or in something that resembles the former SWC.

"Hello Rice and SMU, this is Austin. Our underhanded failure to bargain in good faith has chased everybody away again. You wanna get back together?"

Dream on in your nightmare of post Texas beatdowns. 1-9 sucks, especially when your team runs away to avoid getting a TEXAS BEATDOWN.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dream on in your nightmare of post Texas beatdowns. 1-9 sucks, especially when your team runs away to avoid getting a TEXAS BEATDOWN.

4, 4, 3, 2, 3 ,1 ,7

Those "Beatdowns"?

You always know when you've gotten the better part of a Texas fan. :nod:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and Maryland and Rutgers should be ignored? They suck, but will improve because they will now be part of the Big Ten???

Big 12 is here and nothing that the Pac, the Big Ten and the Sec did killed the conference.

Nebraska. a sucky team that had history and tradition, that they forsake for money. Good for them in 20 years or so.

Is the Big12 in a better position with West Virginia and TCU rather than aTm, Missouri, and Nebraska on the football field? West Virginia and TCU has been proven to be a big fish in a small pond. If you want to deflect from that and bring up Maryland and Rutgers, who no one has ever said was about improving football, then that is your prerogative. It does not change the fact that the Big12 is weaker as conference and the quality it puts on the field now then they were 5 years ago. But keep trying to convince us that the Big12 is better off without a quality name like Nebraska and with flukes like TCU and West Virginia.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4, 4, 3, 2, 3 ,1 ,7

Those "Beatdowns"?

You always know when you've gotten the better part of a Texas fan. :nod:

:lol: I believe that only happens when the Huskers win. A beatdown isn't a rout. A beatdown is when the other team thinks they are going to win and it doesn't happen. Just like in 10-16-10. remember the preseason video? Produced by Nebraska and later edited, because they knew it wouldn't happen. Worst Texas team in a decade and they still beatdown Nebraska at Lincoln.

Sucked, didn't it!

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Big12 in a better position with West Virginia and TCU rather than aTm, Missouri, and Nebraska on the football field? West Virginia and TCU has been proven to be a big fish in a small pond. If you want to deflect from that and bring up Maryland and Rutgers, who no one has ever said was about improving football, then that is your prerogative. It does not change the fact that the Big12 is weaker as conference and the quality it puts on the field now then they were 5 years ago. But keep trying to convince us that the Big12 is better off without a quality name like Nebraska and with flukes like TCU and West Virginia.

Big 12 still here and big oh bad Nebraska got 70 points laid on them by Wisky?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright, avoid the question on whether the Big12 is better now than 5 years ago. I never said that the Big12 was disappearing but it is definitely weakened.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ACC/SEC champs are you talking about? The ACC is a horrible conference when it comes to winning big games throughout the BCS era, by far the worst AQ conference and has one more BCS win than the Mountain West.

But yes, the Big Ten is a pathetic conference, but in the last three years Michigan State beat the Pac champ and the SEC runner up. Fuck the rest of the Big Ten.

We beat the SEC champ UGA (Sugar Bowl), B12 champ OU(Fiesta) and ACC champ (Clemson). Plus Auburn in (regular season). WVU was one of the most successful programs in the BCS era. As far as big fish small pond, there is SOME truth to that but WVU suffered from a terrible knee jerk/emotional hire after the Fiesta bowl win over OU and would have suffered regardless of the conference ( though I openly admit the B12 is better). TCU had a huge drug raid that wiped out a bunch of players and would have suffered as we'll no matter where they would have been playing.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have alway found humor in CFB fans who talk smack to rivals when they too have had their ass handed to them on a regular basis by a rival:

2000 63 to 14
2003 64 to 13
2011 55 to 17
2012 63 to 21

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have alway found humor in CFB fans who talk smack to rivals when they too have had their ass handed to them on a regular basis by a rival:

2000 63 to 14
2003 64 to 13
2011 55 to 17
2012 63 to 21

The only problem with your opinion is that Texas didn't leave the Big 12, it was Nebraska, Colorado, Misery and Texas' lil brother.

So Fuck it up your ass. We beat you fair and square and you had 2 Heisman Trophy winners and we had none. Suck it up, your team lost.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: ^^

Wow!

OK so BYU is dead weight and they can want to get in bed with the BIG XII all they like. We don't sleep with Mormons, we already got Baptists and Disciples of Christ.

BIG XII will hold at 10 till the SEC starts gobbling up the ACC to match the B1G's sixteen. We all know its coming. Duke, North Carolina, several programs they covet will be wooed.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: ^^

Wow!

OK so BYU is dead weight and they can want to get in bed with the BIG XII all they like. We don't sleep with Mormons, we already got Baptists and Disciples of Christ.

BIG XII will hold at 10 till the SEC starts gobbling up the ACC to match the B1G's sixteen. We all know its coming. Duke, North Carolina, several programs they covet will be wooed.

The man gets it ^

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2000 63 to 14
2003 64 to 13
2011 55 to 17
2012 63 to 21

Seriously USC fan?

2011 43 to 22
2012 62 to 51
2013 62 to 41
2013 35 to 14

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, avoid the question on whether the Big12 is better now than 5 years ago. I never said that the Big12 was disappearing but it is definitely weakened.

Absolutely it is. Conference members are making more money than they ever have, which is all that counts today, 1st and 2nd tier revenue is shared equally since the 4 former members left and the TV contracts today are 1000 times better than 5 years ago. Big 12 isn't weakened at all. B1G didn't add Nebraska from the 90's, FYI, CU is god awful in everything, and MIZZOU and Aggy could barely compete in the Big 12 and were perennial punching bags. So to answer your question, yes, the Big 12 is easily better now than 5 years ago.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before and I'll say it again about the Big 12. Damn strong conference. Obviously the SEC is tops and I personally put the PAC second, but the Big 12 is right there, quality.

No need to take cheap shots at USC though. They got absolutely fucked in the sanctions. I have my theories and thoughts on the harshness of that bullshit, but whatever. They don't have any depth or scholarships at the moment but rest assured when this shitstorm passes they will absolutely be back.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before and I'll say it again about the Big 12. Damn strong conference. Obviously the SEC is tops and I personally put the PAC second, but the Big 12 is right there, quality.

No need to take cheap shots at USC though. They got absolutely fucked in the sanctions. I have my theories and thoughts on the harshness of that bullshit, but whatever. They don't have any depth or scholarships at the moment but rest assured when this shitstorm passes they will absolutely be back.

USC fan decided to take a cheap shot at Texas, so I took one at USC. They have depth, USC's main problem during those sanctions was coaching.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have depth? They have zero depth right now due to the sanctions. The penalties are about to officially end, but they'll still feel it for a few more years due to the scholarship reductions. They got fucked, set them back six or seven seasons minimum.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have depth? They have zero depth right now due to the sanctions. The penalties are about to officially end, but they'll still feel it for a few more years due to the scholarship reductions. They got fucked, set them back six or seven seasons minimum.

Nonsense.

Their roster is still upwards of 120, the difference is they only have 75 on scholarship as opposed to 85. The penalty is 30 scholarships spread over 3 years, thats 10 less per year.

Their depth talent is lessened, but they are not short on 'bodies'. They just have more walk-ons probably consisted of rich little assholes who played high school ball and their parents can afford to send them to USC.