• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BYU wants in Big12

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have depth? They have zero depth right now due to the sanctions. The penalties are about to officially end, but they'll still feel it for a few more years due to the scholarship reductions. They got fucked, set them back six or seven seasons minimum.

Ya poor SC, instead of having a 3 deep roster full of 4 and 5 star recruits they have only a 2 man depth chart full of them. SC losing was strictly on coaching, they still have been by far the most talented team in the conference. Problem for SC is still going to be coaching because Sark sucks just like Kiffin.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have depth? They have zero depth right now due to the sanctions. The penalties are about to officially end, but they'll still feel it for a few more years due to the scholarship reductions. They got fucked, set them back six or seven seasons minimum.

USC was still pulling in top 5 & top 10 classes while on probation. Getting 60 + pts poured on you by ASU & Oregon is coaching, not a lack of depth.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no BSU, there is no upside to adding them. Sorry...

Hate to but I agree, all due respect to BSU, if they added the value that the B12 (or any other Conference) was looking for then they would have been taken in a heartbeat already. Their on field performances were on par but the rest of the puzzle just isn't there yet evidently.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, avoid the question on whether the Big12 is better now than 5 years ago. I never said that the Big12 was disappearing but it is definitely weakened.

Yes, the Big 12 is better off now.

Colorado had become terrible in sports and wouldn't even field a baseball team. They were known for their ski team victories. smh Nebraska was unsatisfied with being outvoted in conference meetings. Missouri was at least honest about leaving the conference. a&m had gotten tired of competing with Texas and losing.
Those 4 schools were CC in football 3 times and none since 1999.
They had 2 Champs in the Men's Basketball tourney(no regular season titles). They had 7 baseball tourney championships and 7 regular season titles, but no NCs.

The boat rockers are gone and the current members are happy with the Big 12. There's also more money than there was 5 years ago.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska hurt the conference by leaving IMO,the A&M/SEC move made a lot of sense and IMO was a win/win for everyone involved. The B12 has plenty of representation in Texas by having the Longhorns in conference, we didn't need A&M. The SEC did need the exposure and got it, great move for both. That said nobody misses CU or Mizzu and frankly it's a pathetic showing by the SEC east allowing them to win that division.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest issue with the Big 12 is Texas and OU. Neither have not been quite up to the standards they have set, more Texas than OU obviously. That is a perception issue. Texas and OU are in the top 10 people will think the Big 12 is solid. They see Baylor in there and they think it is a result of a bad conference.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest issue with the Big 10 is Michigan and OSU. Neither have not been quite up to the standards they have set, more Michigan than OSU obviously. That is a perception issue. Michigan and OSU are in the top 10 people will think the Big 10 is solid. They see Michigan State in there and they think it is a result of a bad conference.

Two can play that game.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to but I agree, all due respect to BSU, if they added the value that the B12 (or any other Conference) was looking for then they would have been taken in a heartbeat already. Their on field performances were on par but the rest of the puzzle just isn't there yet evidently.

As a fan I hate to agree as well, but you're right. At the end of the day it's still Boise State University, a small school in Idaho. And when you think about it on those terms based on the name alone and really let it marinate, the thought of a Big 12 invite is pretty laughable.

Ouch. That hurt to admit!

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska hurt the conference by leaving IMO,the A&M/SEC move made a lot of sense and IMO was a win/win for everyone involved. The B12 has plenty of representation in Texas by having the Longhorns in conference, we didn't need A&M. The SEC did need the exposure and got it, great move for both. That said nobody misses CU or Mizzu and frankly it's a pathetic showing by the SEC east allowing them to win that division.[/QUOTE]

:agree:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two can play that game.
-
No argument, except OSU has lost 2 games the last 2 years. Just how the media and general public perceive conferences. Not a slam on MSU. If Miss State and Kentucky meet in the SEC champ game, people will ask what the hell happened to the SEC>

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ACC/SEC champs are you talking about? The ACC is a horrible conference when it comes to winning big games throughout the BCS era, by far the worst AQ conference and has one more BCS win than the Mountain West.

But yes, the Big Ten is a pathetic conference, but in the last three years Michigan State beat the Pac champ and the SEC runner up. Fuck the rest of the Big Ten.

Are you on crack? What fuckin world are you living in?

We have played 3 BCS bowl games, and only one vs the cupcake conference. 3-0 in bowl games beating the SEC champ(2005), the B12 champ (2007) and the ACC chump (2011).

That is what we are known for.

It's not like they call us UM's little brother. :whistle:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before and I'll say it again. As long as Texas stays put, the B12 is fine.

Texas runs the B12. There isn't another conference out there they would run, therefore they are staying put as is the B12. Plus with these payouts per team and the proximity of all the schools in the B12 (minus mine) it's easy to see the B12 is going no where.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac liberals need to get over BYU being a religious institution. They dislike Mormons but totally overlook the brainwashing school of hate that is California Berkeley.

BYU would've been alot better for the conference than Utah getting on their hands and knees and allowing the other school presidents to bend them over and a bankrupt Colorado athletic program.

Bullshit Wazzy. Utah is/was a MUCH better choice than TTDS. Utah was not begging to get in, they were invited. You're about as stupid is, aren't ya!

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) You argument that politics in the Mormon Church have kept BYU from joining the Big 12 or PAC 12 is laughable. The PAC 12 wasn't going to invite BYU simply because they would never get enough of the socially and politically liberal school presidents to agree to accept BYU into the conference. Even aside from that, Utah was picked over BYU because they were the hot team with 2 BCS bowl wins in their pocket.

As for the Big 12, like the Pac 12, an offer was never extended. Their expansion to include West Virginia and TCU also made sense. West Virginia was an AQ school with a strong football program. As for TCU, let me give you some numbers: 14, 2, 6, 7. Those numbers are where the Horned Frogs finished in the AP Poll during the 4 years before the Big 12 added WVU and TCU. What was BYU ranked during the same time period? NR, NR, 12, 25. If I was a conference commissioner, I know who I would invite first.

Even if there was some coup going on to prevent BYU from joining a major conference, it would have been a wasted effort since BYU wasn’t going to get an invite anyways.

2) I find your arguments that church politics have tried to keep Utah State relevant and tied to BYU ridiculous. When BYU lest the Mountain States Conference to form the WAC, did they take their former conference mate Utah St with them? No. In the 36 years BYU was in the WAC and USU was independent or part of the Pacific Coast Athletic Association, did BYU try to get them both into the same conference? No. When BYU left the WAC to form the MWC, did it invite USU? No. From the two programs’ history, their is either no such conspiracy/church applied pressure, or at most, it is so weak that it has had no effect.

3) You have kicked this dead horse so many times, it is amazing that there is anything left of the horse or of your foot. Go Utes!

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 will not entertain expansion until one of two things happen.
#1 The Big 12 gets screwed with a spot in the football playoffs, or
#2 Maryland doesn't have to pay an Exit Fee. This opens up a possible raid of the ACC.
-
If Maryland walks it may not be the event you think it will be. Maryland is beign sued for an exit fee. ACC and Big 12 now have GORs. It is a different obstacle.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
If Maryland walks it may not be the event you think it will be. Maryland is beign sued for an exit fee. ACC and Big 12 now have GORs. It is a different obstacle.

Oops, I was supposed to have written "If Maryland doesn't have to pay an Exit Fee."