• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Byron Jones

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm football clueless yet it was pretty much a consensus by all the scouts that Gregory was a top 10 pick and possibly the best pass rusher in this draft before his off the field problems?? In an area this team has been woeful in recently as evident in the desperation signing of Hardy that most teams just stayed away from??...whom by the way may not even see the field until their 11th game if he loses his appeal....and even then what type of player are you getting that late in the season?? Lol

Newsflash dunce, just because you don't like a player that slides because of off the field concerns, or this team doesn't pick him, or even when he slides into the 2nd round, doesn't automatically make him a bust. Football clueless?? You embody the meaning here....now crawl back into your hole now.

It was a consensus that at least 22 teams past on. Including the Pats at 32. You like many others here get a draft guide and read a few mocks and think were experts. Problem many of those mocks are just regurgitated BS off of other mocks. I will trust a NFL Scout team long before Kiper et al.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mocks are mocks- but I'm seeing Gregory fall to the 50s in most and even to us at 60. Who knows but I'm loving Jones

Would love that, but no way he falls to 60 IMO. I think he goes in the first 5 picks today.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm football clueless yet it was pretty much a consensus by all the scouts that Gregory was a top 10 pick and possibly the best pass rusher in this draft before his off the field problems?? In an area this team has been woeful in recently as evident in the desperation signing of Hardy that most teams just stayed away from??...whom by the way may not even see the field until their 11th game if he loses his appeal....and even then, what type of player are you now getting that late in the season?? Lol

Exhibit A
(funnier that you concluded with the lol part)

Newsflash dunce, just because you don't like a player that slides because of off the field concerns, or this team doesn't pick him, or even when he slides into the 2nd round, doesn't automatically make him a bust. Football clueless?? You embody the meaning here....now crawl back into your hole hypocrite

Now follow along here agenda boy
Did I say trust or bust ?

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Ware and Spencer played in the 250lbs range, and BOTH played DE.

How small are the Cowboys DEs in comparison to the rest of the 4-3 teams around the league? Blogging the bEast

So you're now telling me that a player 6'6 can't put on enough weight to play DE at a current 240lbs range playing weight? lol

Gregory obviously slid because of his character concerns mostly (as did Ray, only teams were not as worried about his character and it being an habitual issue obviously, which is why he was taken in the 1st round). Didn't this team just say that they have the one of the best support programs in the league to help turn around these kinds of kids and talent? I'm confused.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like is Jones seems as if he can play both man and zone. The best thing is I heard more than once the term "good ball skills". That is something Dallas is sorely lacking in the secondary.

Man, I don't really know. I'm not going to sit here and tell folks I watched Connecticut games last year. I highly doubt more than 1 person here actually did. I can Google along with anyone else and spew whatever opinion I want, based on other people's opinions and heavily edited YouTube clips. That really doesn't mean a whole lot at the end of the day. In this particular instance, I don't believe anything I'm hearing or reading because I highly suspect 99% of these folks weren't watching the Huskies last year, no matter what they say.

What I do know is that they have needs all over the place on defense. What I do know is that this guys stock rose significantly after the combine. What I do know is that there are questions marks all over the place in the secondary, and for numerous reasons, drafting a CB is a decision that's easy to support even if the reality of the situation is that we really don't know much about this guy that isn't word of mouth, other than he can jump really far.

Hopefully he pans out as something, granted I'm not sure if that will be as a CB. Now my concern is that a legitimate D-lineman falls in the 2nd and a quality RB is there in the 3rd. One would like to think, Dallas simply has to hit on one or the other with the supposed depth in those areas over the next 2 rounds, and both are obviously needs.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I don't really know. I'm not going to sit here and tell folks I watched Connecticut games last year. I highly doubt more than 1 person here actually did. I can Google along with anyone else and spew whatever opinion I want, based on other people's opinions and heavily edited YouTube clips. That really doesn't mean a whole lot at the end of the day. In this particular instance, I don't believe anything I'm hearing or reading because I highly suspect 99% of these folks weren't watching the Huskies last year, no matter what they say.

What I do know is that they have needs all over the place on defense. What I do know is that this guys stock rose significantly after the combine. What I do know is that there are questions marks all over the place in the secondary, and for numerous reasons, drafting a CB is a decision that's easy to support even if the reality of the situation is that we really don't know much about this guy that isn't word of mouth, other than he can jump really far.

Hopefully he pans out as something, granted I'm not sure if that will be as a CB. Now my concern is that a legitimate D-lineman falls in the 2nd and a quality RB is there in the 3rd. One would like to think, Dallas simply has to hit on one or the other with the supposed depth in those areas over the next 2 rounds, and both are obviously needs.
"What I do know is that this guys stock rose significantly after the combine."

"if the reality of the situation is that we really don't know much about this guy that isn't word of mouth, other than he can jump really far."

Enough said.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"if the reality of the situation is that we really don't know much about this guy that isn't word of mouth, other than he can jump really far."

Enough said.

the scouts and coaching staff, who are payed to evaluate possible draft picks, were extremely high on Jones and when they realized that he would be there at 20 were dancing in the draft room. enough said.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smart players with high character and love playing the game of football seems to be in high demand way more often than not these days. Garratt has said as much countless of times. Nobody assumes greatness but I know I like the skill set being added to the current group assembled in Dallas. I've yet to read where this guy was a reach at 27 and it sure appears the scouts like the prospect.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, pretty much and I think it's because you're very emotional

Only when it comes to you jackass. Do me a favor, disappear again here from responding to any of my posts, and I'll do the the same??

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smart players with high character and love playing the game of football seems to be in high demand way more often than not these days. Garratt has said as much countless of times. Nobody assumes greatness but I know I like the skill set being added to the current group assembled in Dallas. I've yet to read where this guy was a reach at 27 and it sure appears the scouts like the prospect.

prior to last night most mock drafts showed him gone by 20-21.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only when it comes to you jackass. Do me a favor, disappear again here from responding to any of my posts, and I'll do the the same??
I was having no problem watching others eating you alive with regards to the game of professional football. It remains you and your issues.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enough said.

Here's the problem with you "Greg" Frye... you think just because "we" don't know enough about Jones, that means that the Dallas scouts and front office doesn't know enough about him.

The reason you have so many problems is that you think you are smarter than everyone else. Why? Because you read a few opinions based on opinions on the internet. You think reading other people's opinions makes you intelligent, but it doesn't. No one minds anyone posting an opinion. It's the fact that you think your opinions are superior to everyone else's that makes you a joke.

Why don't you wait to see how this pans out before declaring it a bad pick?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enough said.

Enough said.

Do you think an NFL team reads the same mock draft sites and mags you do? You don't think they have some input from coaches who Jones played for? You don't think the Dallas Scouts might have watched the kid play personally.

And you wonder why "Football Clueless" is attached you your name.

Enough said....

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the problem with you "Greg" Frye... you think just because "we" don't know enough about Jones, that means that the Dallas scouts and front office doesn't know enough about him.

The reason you have so many problems is that you think you are smarter than everyone else. Why? Because you read a few opinions based on opinions on the internet. You think reading other people's opinions makes you intelligent, but it doesn't. No one minds anyone posting an opinion. It's the fact that you think your opinions are superior to everyone else's that makes you a joke.

Why don't you wait to see how this pans out before declaring it a bad pick?

he won't because it wasn't what he wanted

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the scouts and coaching staff, who are payed to evaluate possible draft picks, were extremely high on Jones and when they realized that he would be there at 20 were dancing in the draft room. enough said.

They were also recently "extremely high" on two other CBs in the 1st round (Claiborne, and even traded up in 1st to get him), and Jenkins? Where did that get them??

Their best corner now (Scandrick) was a 5th round pick lol. Yup, they have been "spot on" so far in drafting corners in the 1st round and not reaching for one, instead of waiting. :hope:

Enough said.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now my concern is that a legitimate D-lineman falls in the 2nd and a quality RB is there in the 3rd. One would like to think, Dallas simply has to hit on one or the other with the supposed depth in those areas over the next 2 rounds, and both are obviously needs.
It will be interesting to see where they go with their next two picks. I'm still not sure they view dline as a high pick need and wouldn't be upset if they elected to go LB or another DB today. I'm with you on RB, I'd think 3rd round is a long as we should wait, however Langford in the 4th would have me grinning from ear to ear. Like many fans here, I've learned to trust the opinions being put in jerry's ear the last 3 years or so

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were also high on Claiborne (even trading up in 1st to get him) and Jenkins in the 1st round as well? Where did that get them??

Their best corner now (Scandrick) was a 5th round pick lol. Yup, they have been "spot on" so far in drafting corners in the 1st and not reaching instead of waiting. :hope:

Enough said.

Every team makes picks that don't pan out. No one is a guaranteed super star. So we made some picks that didn't work out and some that were even busts, but not all of them were. In fact, most recently our drafts have been above average.

Thing is, no one, including you, has any clue how Jones will do as a pro. At this point, all we can do is wait and see. But, between you and the Dallas scouts and coaches, I trust their opinion as to who most likely will help this team.

It's unbelievable that an internet chat room flunky thinks he is smarter than the people who actually get paid, rather well I might add, to evaluate players.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was having no problem watching others eating you alive with regards to the game of professional football. It remains you and your issues.

"Eating me alive"?? lol...because I have the balls to post something original here and instead of just toting the standard company line you homers do here day in a day out? I will never be like you, I'm just not a dreamer and believer in any and everything this team does....too smart and independent thinker for that. Maybe it's because it is just very difficult for you to put together more than a few sentences at a time here while in some your "deep thoughts"? Did you even finish high school old man, or did you have to walk too far to get there in the backwoods of Texas, and just decided to drop out??

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Eating me alive"?? lol...because I have the balls to post something original here and instead of just toting the standard company line you homers do here day in a day out? I will never be like you, just not a dreamer and believer in everything this team does. Maybe it's because it is just very difficult for you to put together more than a few sentences at a time here while in some your "deep thoughts"? Did you even finish high school old man, or did you have to walk too far to get there in the backwoods of Texas, and decided to drop out??

I like how you deal in absolutes. Smart people do that all the time....