• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Byron Jones

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea new england after they lost 2 cbs.

Thought maybe I was missing something on Brown but Bill confirmed maybe I hadn't. They did lose a pretty good talent in Wilfork.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
opinion always vary and I still like the pick
The Utah safety, Eric Rowe sounds good too.

Rowe would be a great pickup at #60. There are a number of DE that I would be happy with too. If Preston Smith is on the board at #60, I would be ecstatic with that pick. And of course a RB wouldn't be frowned on either.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I am now completely sold on Jones.

Some people are wrong so often that you do want them to hate this pick. If he and Arlington both hate it I'll be ecstatic...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rowe would be a great pickup at #60. There are a number of DE that I would be happy with too. If Preston Smith is on the board at #60, I would be ecstatic with that pick. And of course a RB wouldn't be frowned on either.

I can't believe I'm posting this but the Arkansas de, Trey Flowers is a good prospect with a high motor play after play. Maybe Jerry drafts his second hog...but no earlier than a 3rd and I'd really prefer it a 4th rounder

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I'm posting this but the Arkansas de, Trey Flowers is a good prospect with a high motor play after play. Maybe Jerry drafts his second hog...but no earlier than a 3rd and I'd really prefer it a 4th rounder

Trey Flowers would be a good pick. I have watched a few of his videos and he looks pretty good. I think he is a 3rd round pick -- but what do I know? If Dallas goes something other than DE in the second, he would definitely be on my radar.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like just another great 1st round CB reach.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Eagles were gonna draft him. CBs are tough to land. He is an incredible athlete but I'm scared of dudes that sky rocket via workouts. My draft guide (pre combine) didn't have him in their top 150.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird pick. If the Hardy 10 game ban stands, pick will look even dumber...but then again this brain trust moved up for Claiborne and took Jenkins in the 1st. They could not even get any pressure at all on a severely disabled QB in the playoffs. Always reaching for a CB it seems. Maybe this was just a salary dump move to get rid of Carr. Good luck with the work out warrior from UConn. Having nice character doesn't win playoff games.

I dont post too much anymore, but I see why guys redicule your posting. Really silly. This post is just weird lol

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was fully recovered at the Combine, where he went berserk, posting an Olympic-record 12-foot-3 broad jump, 33 Wonderlic score, and otherworldly 44 1/2-inch vertical. He ran 4.40 at the UConn Pro Day. Jones has good arm length (32") and big hands (10"), and was an effective press corner with top-notch ball skills in college. He projects as an early-career starter with "No. 1" cornerback upside

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Eagles were gonna draft him. CBs are tough to land. He is an incredible athlete but I'm scared of dudes that sky rocket via workouts. My draft guide (pre combine) didn't have him in their top 150.
It doesn't matter to me where this kid would have went without his spectacular combine. I want this kid regardless. He's smart, has high character, has good instincts, and is a great athlete. All the tools needed to be a good football player. There are just some guys that you just have a feeling that can make a big impact for your team. This is one of those guys for me. Could be our secondary version of Sean Lee. I pray for good health for both of these players because they could be a joy to watch for years to come.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a reach IMO, but I'm good with it. CB was a major need and I will trust the scouts and draft process over my uninformed self.
Jason La Canfora, who I think is one of the more astute football guys out there, didn't think Jones would get past 20.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the pick. High character kid, incredible athlete, team captain, smart, can play corner or FS, need position either way, I'm sure corner since the Cowboys declined Claiborne's 5th year option. Great pick IMO, 1st year starter

definitely a good solid kid with a high ceiling, and as you said has high character. My daughter that graduated UConn last year had a class with him in her junior year said he was not pretentious or snobby at all as some athletes have been known to be.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I'm excited.

I'm feeling the same way. A CB that doesn't make plays and needs to do a better job turning his hips, or at least that's what I heard last night. On the bright side, at least he's big for a corner. That could come in handy if it turns out he can actually cover.

Part of my skepticism is probably linked to buyer's remorse when it came to Jenkins and Claiborne, not to mention, this team needs help in the front 7, and one would have to be in denial to disagree. That said, I get that this pick was in large part based on need thanks to the status of the other CBs on the team. Hopefully if nothing else, this guy can handle FS if they need him too, because I'm not a big enough of a homer to be blinded by the fact Wilcox doesn't really look the part.