• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Byron Jones

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I am now completely sold on Jones.

I really like the pick. I am glad we went this direction 100%. I was thinking he was going to be gone by the time we got to him.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have gone with a defensive tackle. They need to get stout up the middle and quit getting gashed. They have plenty of corners, a safety like Collins would have been a solid pick.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter to me where this kid would have went without his spectacular combine. I want this kid regardless. He's smart, has high character, has good instincts, and is a great athlete. All the tools needed to be a good football player. There are just some guys that you just have a feeling that can make a big impact for your team. This is one of those guys for me. Could be our secondary version of Sean Lee. I pray for good health for both of these players because they could be a joy to watch for years to come.
I think it's gonna be a big weekend for the Cowboys. The Hardy pickup, to me, is a Jerry Jones move. The Jones pick was a McClay/Stephen pick. JG talks all the time about having the right kind of guys, and he was gushing over this kid. McClay has proven to have an eye for talent, and in this deep draft, 4-5 contributors isn't out of the question IMO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have gone with a defensive tackle. They need to get stout up the middle and quit getting gashed. They have plenty of corners, a safety like Collins would have been a solid pick.
There will be solid DT's on the board in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Not another corner on the board with Jones ceiling

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, Beckham looked like the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice against our secondary. This pick is about the next 5 years, not just next year. This kid could be the first true number one corner we've had since Newman was in his prime

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick, also puts a ton of pressure on Scandrick and Carr to make up their minds. Now go get a DT and RB and I'll be happy with this draft.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New CB for the boys
I like this pick and believe Byron will be one of the best CB's taken in this draft. The kid has good instincts and can really go up and get the ball. Jerry did his homework.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, Beckham looked like the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice against our secondary. This pick is about the next 5 years, not just next year. This kid could be the first true number one corner we've had since Newman was in his prime
I agree. This kid is going to be very good.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. This kid is going to be very good.

Bring that Husky on down.
th

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking I would be on here this morning bashing the pick. Well gotta say a great move here. Not the guy I really wanted but the kid is good athlete, versatile, and is smart. Lets not underestimate smartness. As we know clayburn just does not know how to play defense in the nfl. Has adequate speed and I expect him to contribute right away. Now is the year to trade up in the 2nd round. Darby would also look good with star on his helmet

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Eagles were gonna draft him. CBs are tough to land. He is an incredible athlete but I'm scared of dudes that sky rocket via workouts. My draft guide (pre combine) didn't have him in their top 150.

Yup, that's a valid concern and I was thinking about that the last few days when I heard talk of him being a possible target. But, you have to remember he only played half a season this year, switched from Safety a couple of years ago and playing at UConn as an unknown out of HS wasn't quite as well known or talked about at seasons end because of all of this. Sometimes it's the combine and sometimes it's just the scouts taking a closer look at some of the lesser known players film that makes them jump up so much. Plus, the kid is real smart. He strikes me as someone who probably moved up as much because of his character and intelligence in the interviews as his performance in the underwear Olympics. Throw in his versatility and I think it's a real good pick.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this finally be the do it all type player that we have not had since woodson? Let's be honest and look at the back end. Church and Wilcox just don't make enough plays. You add darby in the 2nd and we are finally fixing this pos secondary

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking I would be on here this morning bashing the pick. Well gotta say a great move here. Not the guy I really wanted but the kid is good athlete, versatile, and is smart. Lets not underestimate smartness. As we know clayburn just does not know how to play defense in the nfl. Has adequate speed and I expect him to contribute right away. Now is the year to trade up in the 2nd round.
Darby would also look good with star on his helmet

Shit now my enthusiasm is dampened.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time the pick was made I wasn't excited, but I checked grades on line and to a man they all give A's for the pick.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hardy gets the suspension reduced on appeal. While I really like Gregory I think he does not fit this defense. He looks like a 3-4 olb

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling the same way. A CB that doesn't make plays and needs to do a better job turning his hips, or at least that's what I heard last night. On the bright side, at least he's big for a corner. That could come in handy if it turns out he can actually cover.

Part of my skepticism is probably linked to buyer's remorse when it came to Jenkins and Claiborne, not to mention, this team needs help in the front 7, and one would have to be in denial to disagree. That said, I get that this pick was in large part based on need thanks to the status of the other CBs on the team. Hopefully if nothing else, this guy can handle FS if they need him too, because I'm not a big enough of a homer to be blinded by the fact Wilcox doesn't really look the part.

What I like is Jones seems as if he can play both man and zone. The best thing is I heard more than once the term "good ball skills". That is something Dallas is sorely lacking in the secondary.

Wilcox: I think the reason he doesn't "look the part" is because we are casting him in the wrong role. Get a true FS and let him play his game and I think he will take a big step forward. He just seems to not know what to do sometimes and take poor angles sometimes, but I really see this kid do some good things too. I think having him and Church both on the field in the nickel exposes both of them by forcing them to do things they aren't great at. I think on early downs they can play together and in the nickel if we had 3 decent corners and a centerfielder type FS next to him, Wilcox would look a lot better.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones seems like a humble kid too. On that vid posted yesterday, as the host read the negitives and asked Jones to respond he said it fair and he takes those assessments to learn to get better.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hardy gets the suspension reduced on appeal. While I really like Gregory I think he does not fit this defense. He looks like a 3-4 olb
Besides the off field stuff, there are concerns about Gregory's size. He's down to 225, strickly gonna be a speed rusher