• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye week notes

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replacing Delanie Walker and his drops? Just kidding, (I know you meant active roster on game day) but I did read somewhere that if Roman left he might take Walker with him. Is Walker on his last year or was this just a silly comment I read? Or is there another Walker on the team in coaching that I don't know of (he only used the last name and I only know Delanie)?

Shiiit, his drop cost us the game in StL no different than Akers missed FG as far as I'm concerned. I like D.Walk but I cringe with each pass thrown in his direction. Even when he does catch the ball he rarely does it cleanly. At best, he is a risk at TE, at worst a liability.

If we started Garrett over Walker next season I would be just fine with that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ahh, so they must really have meant Delanie. He is a good blocker and catches the ball sometimes if you drill it into his chest. ;)

Delanie is a good pass-blocker; I don't know that he's a good run-blocker. He's gotten better since last year though.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Delanie is a good pass-blocker; I don't know that he's a good run-blocker. He's gotten better since last year though.

PFF's staff has him this year as the 2nd best run blocking TE in the league. Last year he finished in 10th. In 2010 he finished at 12th.

Washington post has him as 3rd this year. 8th last year.

Dallas Morning News ranked him as the 3rd best this year. I can't find where they put him last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
PFF's staff has him this year as the 2nd best run blocking TE in the league. Last year he finished in 10th. In 2010 he finished at 12th.

Washington post has him as 3rd this year. 8th last year.

Dallas Morning News ranked him as the 3rd best this year. I can't find where they put him last year.

Well, I guess I might have to defer to PFF on this one. I'm not sure how hey grade that, but Delanie rarely looked like a guy who was good at standing up defenders to me.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, Harbaugh raved about his blocking this year (run and pass). I've heard other coaches highlight Delanie in the run game as well (Belichick being one).