• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buyer or Seller?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the blow up yesterday, I think there is almost zero chance Rodon DOESNT get traded. On KNBR this morning, it is getting hinted at that Rodon isn’t the most popular in the clubhouse.

Just a thought, but maybe he isn’t liked because he wants to win and these guys are feeling him stare a hole in the back of their heads…
I listened to KNBR too, and outside of goofball callers, there was no substance to Rodoncancer. By everything I've read, he's well liked. They may trade him, but it won't be for that reason.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the blow up yesterday, I think there is almost zero chance Rodon DOESNT get traded. On KNBR this morning, it is getting hinted at that Rodon isn’t the most popular in the clubhouse.

Just a thought, but maybe he isn’t liked because he wants to win and these guys are feeling him stare a hole in the back of their heads…

KNBR

Fox News

MSNBC

CNN+

No reliable news in any of them, just clickbait.

I am weary of all the "KD and the Warriors, a perfect fit" "news" er "rumors" on KNBR. But, you gotta drive that traffic, get people to listen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR

Fox News

MSNBC

CNN+

No reliable news in any of them, just clickbait.

I am weary of all the "KD and the Warriors, a perfect fit" "news" er "rumors" on KNBR. But, you gotta drive that traffic, get people to listen.
Hey, Fox is truthful!!!

just passing on what I heard. And he has made minor comments throughout the season that have been kinda critical of the team. Not saying what he has said has been wrong, but I can see how it could not be popular in the clubhouse (more of a criticism of the other players than him, tbh)

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Fox is truthful!!!

just passing on what I heard. And he has made minor comments throughout the season that have been kinda critical of the team. Not saying what he has said has been wrong, but I can see how it could not be popular in the clubhouse (more of a criticism of the other players than him, tbh)

Didn’t he question the fire in this team a couple starts ago?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t he question the fire in this team a couple starts ago?
That’s what I remember. He isn’t wrong, and probably wasn’t wrong to say it. But at the same time, if i am in that clubhouse and some dude is saying I have no heart, he isn’t exactly making it onto my Christmas card list.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what I remember. He isn’t wrong, and probably wasn’t wrong to say it. But at the same time, if i am in that clubhouse and some dude is saying I have no heart, he isn’t exactly making it onto my Christmas card list.

I pretty much remember when this team was all about chemistry and when they were looking at a player that was a huge factor (plus talent). It really doesn’t seem to be too high on the radar anymore.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t trade draft picks (basically…. But we don’t have any that are tradeable anyway).

I am never a fan of the tear down. We have seen what that feels like with the churn. But dealing Belt, Rodon, Flores, Joc all make sense. They are all essentially out the door anyway, and have some value (maybe not Belt, tbh). I wouldn’t be opposed to dealing Yaz either, but only if we actually get something back. No reason to just ship him out. Estrada, Craw, Longo, Bart, Slater, Gonzo, Webb, etc all have more value to us than anything we could possibly get back in a trade
I meant get some in return. But we can't do that?

They do that in the NFL...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, will I be upset if the Giants buys! The only possible exception would be Soto but I'm not sure it would be worth the cost. Either they give him way too much money and have nothing left to build a competitive team or they sell the farm and lose him after 2023. I concede it is possible that neither could happen but I'm leery that they could build a juggernaut around him.
You're in luck, no way they buy, nor will they get Soto.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant get some in return. But we can't do that?

They do that in the NFL...
This isnt the nfl.

the only picks that are tradeable are the competitive balance picks. And I think those are handed out during the off-season, so they don’t exist yet to be traded right now.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh Frustrated GIF by Equipe de France de Football

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said on the “other” site…

—————

This is the business side of the equation. Selling effects the gate and concession sales. Missing the playoffs but only missing by 1 game instead means more $$ inflow for this year. Short sighted by the PsTB, imho. What were the gate and concession sales when they were winning chips? They should be working to THAT end.

Trading Rodon would add assets that will help the team in the future. Letting him walk just pisses off the lunatic fringe.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

—————

This is the business side of the equation. Selling effects the gate and concession sales. Missing the playoffs but only missing by 1 game instead means more $$ inflow for this year. Short sighted by the PsTB, imho. What were the gate and concession sales when they were winning chips? They should be working to THAT end.

Trading Rodon would add assets that will help the team in the future. Letting him walk just pisses off the lunatic fringe.
And yet the lunatic fringe sticks around, so who cares about them being pissed. The rest of the fans won't connect why doing this is a bad move.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet the lunatic fringe sticks around, so who cares about them being pissed. The rest of the fans won't connect why doing this is a bad move.
Except it makes it harder to get back to those chip years where the BIG money is. Just look 3 blocks north. See how THAT franchise is printing money? You think they would be printing that money if the Dubs were struggling to get an 8 seed?

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

—————

I may be wrong about this (Marco can clarify) but if Rodon opts out, don't we get a compensatory pick?