• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buyer or Seller?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

July 30: Giants listening to offers on 'pretty much anyone'
The Giants are listening to trade offers for their veteran players, according to MLB Network insider Jon Heyman. That group includes "pretty much anyone" outside of starting pitcher Logan Webb, per MLB Network insider Joel Sherman.

This follows a report earlier Saturday from MLB.com's Mark Feinsand, who was told by a rival team executive that the belief is the Giants are "ready to sell" after losing eight of their past nine games.
San Francisco is four games out of a playoff spot entering Saturday. Left-handed pitcher Carlos Rodón, outfielder Joc Pederson and infielder Wilmer Flores would be its most likely trade candidates. Pederson and Flores are on expiring deals, and Rodón can opt out of the final year remaining on his two-year contract this offseason. Conversely, Webb is under club control through 2025.

Rodón in particular could be a valuable trade asset considering the haul the Reds got for starting pitcher Luis Castillo from the Mariners on Friday night, albeit with an extra year of control on Castillo.
Pederson, meanwhile, could be a target for the Braves, who are looking for outfield help, according to Feinsand. The 30-year-old won a World Series title with Atlanta last year after joining the club two weeks before the Trade Deadline.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see them listening to any and all offers. For me rhe most interesting is Webb. Great pitcher but doesn't have a real window of opportunity with the club unless they decide to go all in and purchase a ton of playerss. He would bring quite a bit in return.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see them listening to any and all offers. For me rhe most interesting is Webb. Great pitcher but doesn't have a real window of opportunity with the club unless they decide to go all in and purchase a ton of playerss. He would bring quite a bit in return.
Latest reports have him being the only untouchable. If it takes us 2 years to be competitive again (‘24), he will be the anchor to the staff (as he is now). No need to deal him.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, unless you're thinking he's near the end of his career, you're just wrong here.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodon scheduled to pitch today (in primetime no less) so if he is pulled he's traded. But if not, I guess there's a couple more days.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, unless you're thinking he's near the end of his career, you're just wrong here.
The window ii'm talking about is the team's ... not Webb. He has many more good years left ... the question is ... can we rebuild fast enough to take advantage of all those years.

IMHO ... he is a fantastic trading chip at the moment. It just depends on how long it takes management to develop a top tier contending team.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Webb would get quit the haul in return but I don't want that to happen. I'm not looking for a complete sell of. Just want to see them get something in return for the guys hitting the free agent market this season and next season. This year is looking like a lost cause. Get something in return for some players who probably will be gone anyway.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks talking to Gs about Rodon.

Volpe and Waldichuk and we have a deal, says me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks talking to Gs about Rodon.

Volpe and Waldichuk and we have a deal, says me.
Not familiar in any way with their system, but Volpe MIGHT be gettable for Rodon. That would be a real coup if we could get him. Waldichuk looks solid as well, and we could probably get an additional piece or two if he is the centerpiece. No way we get both, but I certainly hope you are right. I would be very happy with that return.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jon Morosi:

The SFGiants are in a buy-and-sell mode. They could move Rodon, Pederson, or Belt to fortify their farm system while also pursuing controllable MLB talent.

I do not expect the Giants to trade for Juan Soto, but he would fill the role they envisioned for Harper.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not familiar in any way with their system, but Volpe MIGHT be gettable for Rodon. That would be a real coup if we could get him. Waldichuk looks solid as well, and we could probably get an additional piece or two if he is the centerpiece. No way we get both, but I certainly hope you are right. I would be very happy with that return.

Per MLB, Volpe is the Yankees' #1, and Waldichuk is #5. It would be a coup to get both.

On the MILB site, it lists Volpe as a 2b, but of his 230 games in the minors, he's been at short for 200 of them, and 2b for only 2. (DH 23, 3b 3)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per MLB, Volpe is the Yankees' #1, and Waldichuk is #5. It would be a coup to get both.

On the MILB site, it lists Volpe as a 2b, but of his 230 games in the minors, he's been at short for 200 of them, and 2b for only 2. (DH 23, 3b 3)
It is hard to stick at short.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, San Diego just landed Josh Hader from the Brewers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, San Diego just landed Josh Hader from the Brewers.

This makes no sense for the Crew. Why would they deal the best closer in the game when they are in first, without a healthy cushion?

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes no sense for the Crew. Why would they deal the best closer in the game when they are in first, without a healthy cushion?
:noidea:
Guess they felt it was the right time to get some prospects for him and get a closer in return. Trying to balance present with future?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:
Guess they felt it was the right time to get some prospects for him and get a closer in return. Trying to balance present with future?
If I were a player on that team, I would be PISSED. I can’t wait for Rogers to blow a critical save.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a player on that team, I would be PISSED. I can’t wait for Rogers to blow a critical save.
I wouldn't be surprised if they make Rogers their set up guy and move Devin Williams into the closer's role.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if they make Rogers their set up guy and move Devin Williams into the closer's role.
Good point.

But still, in the playoffs, having TWO shut down bully arms could be the difference between a parade and a tee time.