• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulletin Board

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand what happened with Jonnu Smith. 28 catches for 290 yards and 1 TD....... He makes 12.5 million per season. Half a million per catch. I figured he would have been Mac Jones binky this year. Complete failure on Skippy and on Jonnu this year.
It's completely fair to assign part of this failure to others beyond Jonnu, but maybe we just need to wait until next year for the chemistry to meet the talent.... at least that's my "glass half full" perspective.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really don't know what Steve's jobs is. Maybe it's "Be the guy who looks lost", of which he does a great job.
He is listed as OLB Coach well the LBs were not getting it done. Honestly look at these listings no D Coordinator named but we have an O Coordinator. New England Patriots

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 2021 Salary Cap for the Patriots. UFAs are removed. The top 7 account for$90M of thecap and based on 2021, it's miney poorly invested. Especially on WR and TE accounting for approx. half.

No one knows exactly what the cap number will be for 2022, but the Patriotswill nitbe able to make much of a splash in next year's pool.

Don't expect a lot of improvement unless they find some hidden gold under a rock.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

Think it might be time for BB to grow up?

I'm referring to his "Doghouse".

He put Stevenson in it for three weeks for games 2,3,4. Winovich has been in it since Week 7.

I'm pretty sick of this childish temper tantrum. While we're talking about young guys mostly, but he's also put veterans in it in the past. He's never put his pets in it.

Who really benefits from it? It makes you wonder if the inactives every week are in his doghouse.
Shit...
I think half the reason we lost the end of the season was because of the new "softer" Bill that you have been clamoring for these past few years.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"No, it wasn’t perfect. Yes, there are some issues that this team needs to address in the offseason. And yes, there’s a good chance that we’ve seen some stalwarts of this dynasty play their last snap in a Patriots uniform. But if you aren’t over the moon ecstatic about what you saw from the 2021 Patriots, and if you aren’t beyond excited for the potential this squad showed, I don’t know what to tell you. It may very well be that rooting for one team year in and year out isn’t for you."
Thanks Southie.

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeepers we know we are in rebuild mode still, I did not expect to make the playoffs this year. Yes BB holds some responsibility here but I think but I don't want him run out of town

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars have requested permission to speak to Ziegler for their GM position. Finally get a Personnel Director who BB will listen to and someone else wants him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders have not requested to speak to Ziegler for their GM position. Shefter is reporting that they will fillo ut the paperwork this week, He's also reporting that they will also be requesting to speak with Josh McDaniels about the HC position.

In my opinion, Mayo will get a DC offer somwhere and the Raiders just might take Zig and Josh to be their GM and HC. .

Bill's going to have some work ahead of him.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Bulletin Board material the Patriots need for next season is how shitty they played after the Bye Week.. Enough said
Kinda reminds me of a trip to the gym many years ago... I was alone, the gym was quiet and I saw nobody I knew. I asked a man who was way more fit than me for a spot and he was happy to help...

I do a few reps well enough, but the bar starts to get heavier. All of a sudden the well intentioned man decides to motivate me as starts yelling at me... "You're garbage, you're worthless, you're a piece of shit..." I fought with all I had to shut him up.

Exactly the sentiment the Pats should be feeling going into next year. I don't mean personally, just that they should fight with every ounce of pride to prove it's the stuff they are not...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda reminds me of a trip to the gym many years ago... I was alone, the gym was quiet and I saw nobody I knew. I asked a man who was way more fit than me for a spot and he was happy to help...

I do a few reps well enough, but the bar starts to get heavier. All of a sudden the well intentioned man decides to motivate me as starts yelling at me... "You're garbage, you're worthless, you're a piece of shit..." I fought with all I had to shut him up.

Exactly the sentiment the Pats should be feeling going into next year. I don't mean personally, just that they should fight with every ounce of pride to prove it's the stuff they are not...
Exactly there pride better be hurt after how poorly they performed. Just wonder who will be the one to step up and motivate them? Will it be Mac? Bill? Judon?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday Notes 2/6/22

FILED UNDER:

Sunday Patriots Notes: Improving the wide receiver position is New England’s top priority this offseason​

Related: Patriots reportedly meet with a pair of wide receiver prospects at the Senior Bowl
By Ryan Spagnoli@Ryan_Spags Feb 6, 2022, 9:30am EST
52 Comments

Atlanta Falcons v New York Giants
Photo by Mike Stobe/Getty Images

It has been an eventful week across the NFL. Tom Brady officially announced his retirement (with a whole lot of drama involved with it), the Senior Bowl took place, Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler were officially hired by the Las Vegas Raiders as head coach and general manager, respectively, and the Brian Flores lawsuit all dominated headlines at one point.
There is more to come still. In what feels like months ago since the New England Patriots’ wild card weekend loss in Buffalo, the offseason is just about to heat up — pro days, the scouting combine and free agency are all on the horizon. The Patriots rank towards the bottom of the league in cap space entering the offseason, so some tough roster decisions loom at One Patriot Place in the coming weeks as well.
Anyway, let’s get into our Sunday Patriots Notes:
1. Improving the wide receiver position is New England’s top priority this offseason. Despite investing in the position last offseason by signing both Kendrick Bourne and Nelson Agholor in free agency, there’s no secret the Patriots still need to upgrade their wide receiver room. One player to keep an eye on is Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley.
With the Falcons reportedly expected to field offers on Calvin Ridley this offseason, expect the Patriots (and plenty of other teams) to have serious interest in acquiring the 25-year-old wideout. Ridley was reportedly on the team’s radar back in 2018 but ended up going a pick before the Patriots selected offensive tackle Isaiah Wynn.
In order to fully maximize quarterback Mac Jones on his rookie deal, the Patriots still need an improvement at the position, and Ridley would make this group a lot better than it was in 2021. Bourne and Jakobi Meyers would be perfect complimentary pieces for the Patriots offense while Ridley would provide that true No. 1 threat that can line up all over the place. It’s likely a first-round pick (and maybe more) to get this deal done, but given their history, the Patriots may feel better about acquiring a proven talent rather than drafting and developing one of these players in the draft. No matter what New England decides to do, however, the goal is clear: getting better at wide receiver has to be a top priority this spring.
2. Patriots still search for their offensive coordinator. With Josh McDaniels officially announced as the head in Las Vegas earlier this week, the Patriots are going to need a new offensive coordinator for 2022. Despite Nick Saban’s recent statements on the matter, Bill O’Brien remains a favorite to come back to New England given his history as well as his desire to get another NFL job.
Even after Saban’s comments this week, Ian Rapaport of NFL Network told WEEI that he thinks there is mutual interest between the two sides but that “these things typically move slow.”
Other names to keep an eye on are former head coach Adam Gase and current tight ends coach Nick Caley. Gase has been out of the league since he was fired by the New York Jets following the 2020 season but has had a strong history as an offensive coordinator prior to that. Caley spoke earlier this year on his role being expanded in 2021, and he could certainly be a candidate to call plays without the title as offensive coordinator.
3. Bill Belichick’s previous comments about Adam Gase come to mind. Adam Gase being among the potential candidates to land in New England would not be a surprise given head coach Bill Belichick’s previous comments about him. Despite his lack of success as head coach with the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets, Belichick spoke highly about Gase — another former Nick Saban assistant — just last season.
“I have a lot of respect for Adam. I think he’s a very good coach,” Belichick said ahead of a regular season game versus the Jets last December. “He’s always been tough to coach against. He’s always made things difficult on our defense.
“It goes back to Josh in Denver. So, known each other for a while through a mutual connection there. But I think he’s done an excellent job. I thought he did a good job with Miami and I think he’s done a good job with the Jets. He’s, as I said, a coach I have a lot of respect for and he gives us a lot of problems. He’s a tough, tough coach to coach against, so that’s really the way I feel about him.”
Through five seasons with the Dolphins and Jets, Gase went only 32-49 as a head coach. He did have more success as an offensive coordinator in Chicago and especially Denver.
4. Mac at the Pro Bowl. With the AFC’s top quarterbacks opting out of the Pro Bowl — or, in Joe Burrow’s case, heading to the Super Bowl — the Patriots’ Mac Jones was officially named to the AFC’s roster last Sunday. Jones became just the fifth rookie in New England history and the first since Devin McCourty in 2010 to be name to the Pro Bowl.
Whether or not he was “meant” to be there, it is a valuable experience for Jones to go through as a rookie. He gets to be around some of the game’s biggest stars early on in his career and learn from some of the game’s greats. Don’t sleep on a little recruiting from Jones either.
5. Senior Bowl a good opportunity to scout some future Patriots. Every year, typically a week before the Super Bowl, the Patriots and their scouts are heavily invested in the Senior Bowl down in Mobile, Alabama. Jim Nagy, a former Patriots scout, does a fantastic job at putting some of the top talent in the class on the field for a full week prior to the game on Saturday.
Since 2008, the Patriots have drafted a total of 49 players that have attended the Senior Bowl and 14 in their last four drafts — including Mac Jones and Rhamondre Stevenson from last year’s event.
6. Bill Belichick’s hoodie record. Before joining the Patriots’ in-house media, our friend Mike Dussault established the Belichick hoodie database over at Pats Propaganda. In fact, the database is still being updated — here is the full version — so you can go through which attire brought New England the most success through the years.
As for 2021, Mike recently shared his results on Twitter:

7. Our very own Keagan Stiefel sits down with the producers of 30 for 30: The Tuck Rule. ESPN will air 30 for 30: The Tuck Rule on Sunday night, taking a deep dive into the game with its two pivotal characters: former Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and ex-Raiders safety Charles Woodson. Last week, Pats Pulpit’s own Keagan Stiefel sat down and interviewed the directors of the show, Ken Rodgers and Nick Mascolo.
You can listen to the full interview here.

Sunday Patriots Mailbag​

This is a good question because it’s something that has popped up a lot over the last few years.
The only receiver they have drafted since N’Keal Harry was Tre Nixon in the seventh round in 2021. Certainly, the Patriots’ inability to consistently develop wide receivers goes back years and could be the reason they have shied away from the position early on in the last few drafts. However, the Patriots have some veteran talent at that position now with Nelson Agholor, Kendrick Bourne and Jakobi Meyers as their top three.
Getting a younger, more explosive and faster wide receiver would be my play this offseason, though. Certainly, there’s some intriguing options out there — we already spoke about Calvin Ridley, with Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin intriguing free agency options — but the Patriots invested a lot of money in the position last year already and are tight against the cap.
It will be interesting to see how serious they go about acquiring a veteran this offseason; the circumstances do not favor such a move. Instead, I think it is time to get a young stud into the building early on to develop into a WR1.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to consider:

The only thing that Bill Belichick doesn't have as a coach is Most Wins. He's 13 behind Shula and should get by him by the end of 2023

Below are total wins as an NFL HC, including plyaoffs. BB is 38 behind in regulars season which will take until 2025.

RankCoachCareer wins
1^ Don Shula347
2* Bill Belichick334

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Judon loves playing for the Patriots so much that he's been recruiting Raven plyers. He been trying to convince Calais Cambell and Brandon Williams to take less money and win some jewelry. He's got Bourne and Meyers tlkingto Sammy Watkins. Watkins is getting bit long in the tooth, but could be a positive influence on the younger guys.

Judon is pushing everyone to talk to guys they've played with prior to playing in Focboro.

Mike Reiss is reporting that JC's agent has been talking to Bill.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Judon loves playing for the Patriots so much that he's been recruiting Raven plyers. He been trying to convince Calais Cambell and Brandon Williams to take less money and win some jewelry. He's got Bourne and Meyers tlkingto Sammy Watkins. Watkins is getting bit long in the tooth, but could be a positive influence on the younger guys.

Judon is pushing everyone to talk to guys they've played with prior to playing in Focboro.

Mike Reiss is reporting that JC's agent has been talking to Bill.
Good news and fantastic news.