• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buffalo Bills Ongoing Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm scared to start Allen this year because I fear starting him behind this rubbish line would do harm to his entire career, I can't believe how bad we let this line get....we absolutely have to use every resource possible next offseason to fix this

Bills will have the second most cap space this winter. They should be able to bolster things quite a bit. You can't expect to dump the 3/5 of your line that wasn't already considered questionable at best and immediately come together well. It will take time. Dawkins is the only one playing his position from last season. I'd rather see Teller and Groy as LG and C personally, and RT is still an issue (Mills can't be trusted).

I'm surprised how much of the media thought this was Allen's job just because he was starting this week. It was his turn. Peterman has been effective in every game, with 1st 2nd and 3rd teams and deserves to start until Allen is ready. Allen's performance (and 5 sacks) this week likely keeps McCarron around for a while.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills will have the second most cap space this winter. They should be able to bolster things quite a bit. You can't expect to dump the 3/5 of your line that wasn't already considered questionable at best and immediately come together well. It will take time. Dawkins is the only one playing his position from last season. I'd rather see Teller and Groy as LG and C personally, and RT is still an issue (Mills can't be trusted).

I'm surprised how much of the media thought this was Allen's job just because he was starting this week. It was his turn. Peterman has been effective in every game, with 1st 2nd and 3rd teams and deserves to start until Allen is ready. Allen's performance (and 5 sacks) this week likely keeps McCarron around for a while.

Mills and Miller are terrible. Both played same spots last year...and the year before. Mills is the worst starter at any position, in the league.

Allen, acting like a leader already, took all the blame. Knows he needs to get rid of the ball more quickly.

Peterman will be fine. Can't really throw a 10 yard out without the corner having time to react, but he'll get by for what we need this year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer Newhouse and Teller in there. And I'm sure the coaches can see what we see, so I don't see how Mills and Miller stick.

Dawkins - Teller - Groy - Ducasse - Newhouse

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point anything we can do to keep Miller out of the lineup is a positive. Mills is only helpful in run blocking but he's a turnstile against the pass.

They were probably trying to draw excitement, but we definitely need to fix the offensive line before we can think of starting Allen.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mills and Miller are terrible. Both played same spots last year...and the year before. Mills is the worst starter at any position, in the league.

Allen, acting like a leader already, took all the blame. Knows he needs to get rid of the ball more quickly.

Peterman will be fine. Can't really throw a 10 yard out without the corner having time to react, but he'll get by for what we need this year.

With our offensive line none of our QBs can throw the ball more than 10 yards without being sacked so it works out.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is worse than Mills at this point, he seriously put on one of the worst blocking performances I'd ever seen. Constantly letting linemen past him and getting called for false starts

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is worse than Mills at this point, he seriously put on one of the worst blocking performances I'd ever seen. Constantly letting linemen past him and getting called for false starts

True. But I don't count him as a starter since he lost his job last year. If he isn't making a physical mess, he's committing a penalty.

CUT

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But I don't count him as a starter since he lost his job last year. If he isn't making a physical mess, he's committing a penalty.

CUT

Agreed he doesn't belong on a roster lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miller didn't play much last year if I remember correctly, or was that the year before? He wasn't a fit for the blocking scheme I believe? He was good as a rookie, but it seems the line blocking scheme has changed a few times since.

I don't trust Mills any farther than I could throw him lol.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller didn't play much last year if I remember correctly, or was that the year before? He wasn't a fit for the blocking scheme I believe? He was good as a rookie, but it seems the line blocking scheme has changed a few times since.

I don't trust Mills any farther than I could throw him lol.

I believe he lost his job early to Ducasse

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that looked pretty dang bad from a Bills fan perspective, but our DL is going to make good offensive lines look pedestrian this year in my opinion. Granted, your Oline didn't help any at all, as you do seem to have a pretty weak offensive line, but not all of that was on them. Our defensive line is pretty talented and very deep.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that looked pretty dang bad from a Bills fan perspective, but our DL is going to make good offensive lines look pedestrian this year in my opinion. Granted, your Oline didn't help any at all, as you do seem to have a pretty weak offensive line, but not all of that was on them. Our defensive line is pretty talented and very deep.

You guys do have a strong defensive line, probably 2nd best to the Eagles....but this doesn't make us feel any better, as we still for a fact have the NFL's worst offensive line

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys do have a strong defensive line, probably 2nd best to the Eagles....but this doesn't make us feel any better, as we still for a fact have the NFL's worst offensive line

Ours might still be close to you. If we hadn't nabbed your all-pro LT we would be switching spots.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ours might still be close to you. If we hadn't nabbed your all-pro LT we would be switching spots.

He will probably get hurt a few weeks into the season unfortunately. You guys have much better guard play than we do though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see that coming; Kerley has now been released. Is Ray Ray the slot/returner now?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Foster looks better than Zay Jones.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I must say is with the worst offensive line in the NFL, our offense was expected to suck.

But, what has happened to our defense?? It has absolutely tanked

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I must say is with the worst offensive line in the NFL, our offense was expected to suck.

But, what has happened to our defense?? It has absolutely tanked

I think Frasier's got to go. Defense stepped up with McDermott's playcalling in the second half. Also helped to not have a CB playing with his mind already checked out.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Frasier's got to go. Defense stepped up with McDermott's playcalling in the second half. Also helped to not have a CB playing with his mind already checked out.

Our defense was one of the better ones in the league and Frasier was still running the defense then, though one thing definitely has been the opposing offenses targeting the other corners and avoiding White.

Edmunds played well in week 1, but Melvin Gordon absolutely ripped him a new one this past week

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense was one of the better ones in the league and Frasier was still running the defense then, though one thing definitely has been the opposing offenses targeting the other corners and avoiding White.

Edmunds played well in week 1, but Melvin Gordon absolutely ripped him a new one this past week

I like Edmunds, but he shouldn't be left alone on Keenan Allen. Gordon did rip him, and that will give him experience, as covering a back is essential in being a 3 down LB.

White must be bored. Haven't really seen a throw to his side yet. And the other side is terrible.

Gonna be a beat down in Minnesota...worse than Baltimore.