• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks dominate awards by winning FOUR.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting you would choose Gobert for sure over Klay. The others, I get where you're coming from.

If you're knocking Klay for not having a floor game and benefitting from his teammates, that's essentially how Gobert gets all his points anyways. He's basically a roll man and a put back guy. He doesn't create much of his own offense and probably of those 16 he's maybe responsible for only 6 of those points on any given night. Defensively he's great, but Klay's not too shabby on the defensive end either.

Klay is absolutely a beneficiary of having more space to catch and shoot on a nightly basis, but he's also more adept now at putting the ball on the floor and getting to the rim and finishing. I think everyone referring to Klay these days as a guy who can't create are mistaking him for someone who doesn't NEED to create for himself. Watching him on a nightly basis I can tell you he for sure can and has the skill set to do so. Not on an elite level, but well enough to keep the defense honest which for a shooter of his caliber that's really all you need. It's kind of like how everyone really only remembers Ray Allen for his outside shooting, when really he had a lot of tools to do many other things. Klay's in that same mold.
i dunno...a big man that can pass, leads the league in blocks, is the reigning 2 time DPOY, shoots 67% from the floor and goes for 16 and 13 a game seems incredibly valuable to me. Not that Klay isnt incredibly vlauble, or isnt close- he is both.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of Klay's biggest stan's around here, but Beal was better this year for sure. Doncic played great, but I'd give Klay the nod over him for now. Next year might be a different story. I'd definitely rank him above Gobert and possibly over Kemba.

I think Klay's ranking in the NBA will generally fall just outside the top 15, but definitely in the top 20. I don't see him being 19 as an egregious opinion.
You're no fun

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, Klay's ranking is bad, but Dame over Davis? That Lake Erie water....

I dunno, skill-wise AD is up there, but there's something about him that's never been able to get it done. I mean look at these combo's AD/Jrue or Dame/CJ. Which would you choose as the better combo? Most likely AD/Jrue, yet Dame/CJ has been the more successful team in the playoffs.

Talent-wise, AD is probably top 3 in the NBA at worst. Player-wise, it becomes more murky, imo.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's fair but like Luca is let me know when Klay puts up anything other than 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 in the Finals if he is his team's best player.
Klay was his team's best player in this year's Finals actually

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of Klay's biggest stan's around here, but Beal was better this year for sure. Doncic played great, but I'd give Klay the nod over him for now. Next year might be a different story. I'd definitely rank him above Gobert and possibly over Kemba.

I think Klay's ranking in the NBA will generally fall just outside the top 15, but definitely in the top 20. I don't see him being 19 as an egregious opinion.
I'd Doncic definitely will be better but arguable now. He can do so much more than Klay but needs to shoot a little better to pass him IMO. That said, if he wasn't a defenses main worry and was the 3rd option maybe he would?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have put up better #s but that's because the focus is on that Curry fellow, their best player.
So he put up better than 0,0,0 as his team's best player in the finals. He was better than Curry, it's not like they weren't defending them both

Reactions: GNG

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd Doncic definitely will be better but arguable now. He can do so much more than Klay but needs to shoot a little better to pass him IMO. That said, if he wasn't a defenses main worry and was the 3rd option maybe he would?

You can't compare offensive production on bad teams to offensive production on good teams. There are plenty of players that have been able to score at high volumes being the defacto guy on the team, but it never amounted to anything. Not saying Doncic falls in that category, but you also have to hold back you appraisal based on that.

Klay was clearly the 2nd option in the playoffs when KD went down. Against a top tier defensive team like the Raptors, Klay was amazing in the finals. Just look at his production and percentages. When you factor in Klay's defense, I have him ahead of Doncic at this point. Again, could change again this season. But we also saw what happened to Donovan Mitchell this year when teams started to focus on him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a fuck on what you suggest? I'm always calm, it's you that isn't if loosing temper everytime the Bucks win a league award.

"I'm always calm"

giphy (7).gif

Yeah & the Pacific Ocean's full of spring water.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he put up better than 0,0,0 as his team's best player in the finals. He was better than Curry, it's not like they weren't defending them both
he wasn't their best player. If he was a team's best player they wouldn't even make the playoffs in all liklihood. Hence, the o, o.....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't compare offensive production on bad teams to offensive production on good teams. There are plenty of players that have been able to score at high volumes being the defacto guy on the team, but it never amounted to anything. Not saying Doncic falls in that category, but you also have to hold back you appraisal based on that.

Klay was clearly the 2nd option in the playoffs when KD went down. Against a top tier defensive team like the Raptors, Klay was amazing in the finals. Just look at his production and percentages. When you factor in Klay's defense, I have him ahead of Doncic at this point. Again, could change again this season. But we also saw what happened to Donovan Mitchell this year when teams started to focus on him.
Not sure I said anything that would contradict this. Well, I guess I said 3rd best and, yes, he was #2 on offense in the Finals.

But don't think crazy at all to have him ahead of Doncic. Depending on makeup of team, I probably would as well for now..

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone would rather have an NBA Championship but what the Bucks accomplished is very impressive just the same.

That's cool. But in the end, they still fell short of their goal. Nick Nurse was the real COY anyway; I guarantee if everyone was allowed a re-vote, Budenholzer is not COY. And Ujiri should've won EOY as well. He put the perfect cast around Kawhi, in which he landed Kawhi based off a pure gamble, and won.