• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks dominate awards by winning FOUR.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean.....I am not going to be biased.

Any team winning 4 seasonal awards is a big deal. I absolutely think its worthy of a thread.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. G.Antetokounmpo: MVP

2. G.Antetokounmpo: Defensive player of the year.

3. M.Budenholzer: Coach of the year.

4. J.Horst: NBA executive of the season.
pretty unbelievable for a small market team to pull that stuff off.

Giannis established himself as maybe the best in the entire game. With Durant hurt and LeBron aging I absolutely could hear an argument for him, from Game 1 of the regular season to the playoffs being the best player in the league.

certainly better then fragile cry baby Anthony Davis.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty unbelievable for a small market team to pull that stuff off.

Giannis established himself as maybe the best in the entire game. With Durant hurt and LeBron aging I absolutely could hear an argument for him, from Game 1 of the regular season to the playoffs being the best player in the league.

Did you not just watch the playoffs? The same ones where Giannis was held in check by forcing his jumper, while Kawhi was largely unstoppable? If anyone has elevated to the top of the heap, it's Kawhi.

I'll ignore your usual Laker trolling.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not just watch the playoffs? The same ones where Giannis was held in check by forcing his jumper, while Kawhi was largely unstoppable? If anyone has elevated to the top of the heap, it's Kawhi.

I'll ignore your usual Laker trolling.
I agree.....and much like a young LeBron, Giannis needs to improve his jumper.

And I would agree that Kawhi is likely the best player in the game right now, but its hard to ignore the fact he just flat sat out 1/4 of the NBA regular season for maintenance.

Giannis is amazing and he is still improving and i expect him to be even better next year then he was this year. I dont know why he wouldn't be at what? age 23?.

I will do a top 25 list at some point and i am sure both Kawhi and Giannis will be near the very very top of the list- if not 1 and 2 in some order.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.....and much like a young LeBron, Giannis needs to improve his jumper.

And I would agree that Kawhi is likely the best player in the game right now, but its hard to ignore the fact he just flat sat out 1/4 of the NBA regular season for maintenance.

Giannis is amazing and he is still improving and i expect him to be even better next year then he was this year. I dont know why he wouldn't be at what? age 23?.

I will do a top 25 list at some point and i am sure both Kawhi and Giannis will be near the very very top of the list- if not 1 and 2 in some order.

I think you're early on Giannis, a bit anticipatory. Lebron is tough to evaluate as his game will start to slip soon, but Durant and Davis are still ahead of Giannis IMO, possibly Steph as well. I always rip Harden, but he's in that mix somewhere too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell didn't win for "best player to be a DNP-CD" in the playoffs?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOBERT.jpg

Back-to-back

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regular season doesn't matter much. Didn't Casey win a COY award recently? Usually when a player wins MVP we see they truly aren't the best player in the game once we get into the postseason. For example, Harden and now Giannis. Not taking anything away from Giannis he is absolute freak but as dominate as he is, he needs to work on his game, shooting especially. Congrats to him and for winning DPOY award as well....I mean...Rudy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're early on Giannis, a bit anticipatory. Lebron is tough to evaluate as his game will start to slip soon, but Durant and Davis are still ahead of Giannis IMO, possibly Steph as well. I always rip Harden, but he's in that mix somewhere too.
Giannis is just so good though.

First team all defense. Best record in the NBA for his team. MVP. 27.7 pts, 12.5 boards, 5.9 assists, 1.5 blocks, 1.3 steals on 57.8% shooting.

Durant is still better if he is healthy but he just got the worst injury an NBA player can possibly get.

Davis had a weird year last year obviously......

but the previous year...28.1 pts, 11.1 rebounds 2.3 assists, 2.6 blocks, 1.5 steals on 53.4% shooting.

Giannis is younger, the stats are very similar except for Giannis is the better distributor and Giannis has a better shooting percentage, plays better defense, is generally healthier and not near so injury prone. You would expect Davis to have a healthy advantage rebounding wise, but Giannis actually has the sleight advantage which is just bonkers ifyou ask me. Giannis seems much more low maintenance and not so whiny as well.

-younger
-much better injury history
-better from the field
-better defender
-better distributor

at that level you are pretty much splitting hairs as to who is better then who, but it would be very hard for me to put Davis over Giannis for those reasons.

And i mean what do you do with a guy like Lillard who just singlehandedly lead his team to the Western Conference Finals? Talent wise, ithink Davis is absolutely more talented, but at some point, you cant argue with results and its not like Lillard has a team of world beaters with him.

Assuming health for everyone, this is how i would go with the top players after this years playoffs

1. Kawhi
2. Giannis
3. Durant
4. LeBron
5. Curry
6. Harden
7. Embiid
8. Lillard
9. Davis
10. Jokic
11. RW
12. George
13. Towns
14. Kyrie
15. Beal
16. Gobert
17. Kemba
18. Doncic
19. Klay
20. Oladipo

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I might have been wrong to put Lebron #1 earlier in my top 5, but the one I should have had in his spot was Kawhi.

Don't recall, but think I might have left him completely off at the time. :L

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell didn't win for "best player to be a DNP-CD" in the playoffs?
He won for best trade asset with his massive return of John Leuer and marginal cap space!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Kawhi
2. Giannis
3. Durant
4. LeBron
5. Curry
6. Harden
7. Embiid
8. Lillard
9. Davis
10. Jokic
11. RW
12. George
13. Towns
14. Kyrie
15. Beal
16. Gobert
17. Kemba
18. Doncic
19. Klay
20. Oladipo

Giannis is not better than KD, injury and all.

Embiid cannot be considered better than AD, even sitting out almost half the season. Embiid takes plays off and isn't nearly as impactful on the defensive side of the ball, too inconsistent as well at times.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis is just so good though.

First team all defense. Best record in the NBA for his team. MVP. 27.7 pts, 12.5 boards, 5.9 assists, 1.5 blocks, 1.3 steals on 57.8% shooting.

Durant is still better if he is healthy but he just got the worst injury an NBA player can possibly get.

Davis had a weird year last year obviously......

but the previous year...28.1 pts, 11.1 rebounds 2.3 assists, 2.6 blocks, 1.5 steals on 53.4% shooting.

Giannis is younger, the stats are very similar except for Giannis is the better distributor and Giannis has a better shooting percentage, plays better defense, is generally healthier and not near so injury prone. You would expect Davis to have a healthy advantage rebounding wise, but Giannis actually has the sleight advantage which is just bonkers ifyou ask me. Giannis seems much more low maintenance and not so whiny as well.

-younger
-much better injury history
-better from the field
-better defender
-better distributor

at that level you are pretty much splitting hairs as to who is better then who, but it would be very hard for me to put Davis over Giannis for those reasons.

And i mean what do you do with a guy like Lillard who just singlehandedly lead his team to the Western Conference Finals? Talent wise, ithink Davis is absolutely more talented, but at some point, you cant argue with results and its not like Lillard has a team of world beaters with him.

Assuming health for everyone, this is how i would go with the top players after this years playoffs

1. Kawhi
2. Giannis
3. Durant
4. LeBron
5. Curry
6. Harden
7. Embiid
8. Lillard
9. Davis
10. Jokic
11. RW
12. George
13. Towns
14. Kyrie
15. Beal
16. Gobert
17. Kemba
18. Doncic
19. Klay
20. Oladipo
Nice list, but I would put Westbrook in there somewhere.