• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks dominate awards by winning FOUR.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giannis is just so good though.

First team all defense. Best record in the NBA for his team. MVP. 27.7 pts, 12.5 boards, 5.9 assists, 1.5 blocks, 1.3 steals on 57.8% shooting.

Durant is still better if he is healthy but he just got the worst injury an NBA player can possibly get.

Davis had a weird year last year obviously......

but the previous year...28.1 pts, 11.1 rebounds 2.3 assists, 2.6 blocks, 1.5 steals on 53.4% shooting.

Giannis is younger, the stats are very similar except for Giannis is the better distributor and Giannis has a better shooting percentage, plays better defense, is generally healthier and not near so injury prone. You would expect Davis to have a healthy advantage rebounding wise, but Giannis actually has the sleight advantage which is just bonkers ifyou ask me. Giannis seems much more low maintenance and not so whiny as well.

-younger
-much better injury history
-better from the field
-better defender
-better distributor

at that level you are pretty much splitting hairs as to who is better then who, but it would be very hard for me to put Davis over Giannis for those reasons.

And i mean what do you do with a guy like Lillard who just singlehandedly lead his team to the Western Conference Finals? Talent wise, ithink Davis is absolutely more talented, but at some point, you cant argue with results and its not like Lillard has a team of world beaters with him.

Assuming health for everyone, this is how i would go with the top players after this years playoffs

1. Kawhi
2. Giannis
3. Durant
4. LeBron
5. Curry
6. Harden
7. Embiid
8. Lillard
9. Davis
10. Jokic
11. RW
12. George
13. Towns
14. Kyrie
15. Beal
16. Gobert
17. Kemba
18. Doncic
19. Klay
20. Oladipo
LOL Klay at 19. I guess you didn't watch the playoffs

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won for best trade asset with his massive return of John Leuer and marginal cap space!
Now that's just kooky talk. These are regular season awards.

Otherwise, sure, he was a lock for that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Below Doncic, Gobert, Beal, Kemba LOL

1. Kawhi
2. Giannis
3. Durant
4. LeBron
5. Curry
6. Harden
7. Embiid
8. Lillard
9. Davis
10. Jokic
11. RW
12. George
13. Towns
14. Kyrie
15. Beal
16. Gobert
17. Kemba
18. Doncic
19. Klay
20. Oladipo

There is no way Klay is below Doncic. Possibly Beal and Gobert as well. I would take Klay over all those 3 guys. Kemba is up for debate but still would take him over Kemba. As of right now, I would have to argue with RW AHEAD of Paul George.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we are just splitting hairs at that point.

I think Doncic has the ability to be better so if the discussion was who would you rather have I would take Doncic if I'm building a team and salary factored etc

If we are talking today who would I take for a playoff team salary not considered then yes I'd prefer Klay

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is a great player, i have him in my top 20 in the entire league, but at the end of the day he is a super high level 3 and d player.
LOL a super high level 3 and D player is better than Gobert, Beal, Doncic today

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL a super high level 3 and D player is better than Gobert, Beal, Doncic today
Doncic can do everything and is super young.

Klay is a great player no doubt, but he really doesnt have much a floor game, he cant really put it on the floor, he cant create for teammates and he has benefited greatly from his teammates. Now, especially that he will never have the same kind of mobility that he once had - and Doncic is only going to be better and better next season. I mean its close, but Doncic will be better at the game of basketball next season and going forward then Klay.

Rudy Gobert is the 2 time Defensive Player of the Year. He just put up a season of 16 points, 13 boards, 2 assists ( a big man that can pass), led the entire NBA in blocks, and shot 67% from the floor. He is better.

Beal is a very similar player- he just went for 25, 5, and 5 and plays defense and is a great team leader.

I would choose all those guys over Klay- but obviously they are very close on my list--- anyone could make great arguments either way---- but to act like Klay is definitively better than any of those guys is just flat out stupid. ESPECIALLY post major knee surgery

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doncic is much better than Klay.

Well only bc Klay is on crutches, before the crutches Klay was EASILY better...it's really not close. That being said, I think Doncic has a much higher potential but I'm not sure that's what the list is ranking, could be wrong.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Klay is a great player no doubt, but he really doesnt have much a floor game, he cant really put it on the floor, he cant create for teammates and he has benefited greatly from his teammates. Now, especially that he will never have the same kind of mobility that he once had - and Doncic is only going to be better and better next season. I mean its close, but Doncic will be better at the game of basketball next season and going forward then Klay.

Rudy Gobert is the 2 time Defensive Player of the Year. He just put up a season of 16 points, 13 boards, 2 assists ( a big man that can pass), led the entire NBA in blocks, and shot 67% from the floor. He is better.

Beal is a very similar player- he just went for 25, 5, and 5 and plays defense and is a great team leader.

I would choose all those guys over Klay- but obviously they are very close on my list--- anyone could make great arguments either way---- but to act like Klay is definitively better than any of those guys is just flat out stupid. ESPECIALLY post major knee surgery
It's not stupid. It's simply true.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm one of Klay's biggest stan's around here, but Beal was better this year for sure. Doncic played great, but I'd give Klay the nod over him for now. Next year might be a different story. I'd definitely rank him above Gobert and possibly over Kemba.

I think Klay's ranking in the NBA will generally fall just outside the top 15, but definitely in the top 20. I don't see him being 19 as an egregious opinion.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know when Luka puts up these numbers in the Finals

upload_2019-6-25_11-11-49.png

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of Klay's biggest stan's around here, but Beal was better this year for sure. Doncic played great, but I'd give Klay the nod over him for now. Next year might be a different story. I'd definitely rank him above Gobert and possibly over Kemba.

I think Klay's ranking in the NBA will generally fall just outside the top 15, but definitely in the top 20. I don't see him being 19 as an egregious opinion.

Yeah Beal is debatable, really like Beal's overall game. Either way it's close

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find it interesting you would choose Gobert for sure over Klay. The others, I get where you're coming from.

If you're knocking Klay for not having a floor game and benefitting from his teammates, that's essentially how Gobert gets all his points anyways. He's basically a roll man and a put back guy. He doesn't create much of his own offense and probably of those 16 he's maybe responsible for only 6 of those points on any given night. Defensively he's great, but Klay's not too shabby on the defensive end either.

Klay is absolutely a beneficiary of having more space to catch and shoot on a nightly basis, but he's also more adept now at putting the ball on the floor and getting to the rim and finishing. I think everyone referring to Klay these days as a guy who can't create are mistaking him for someone who doesn't NEED to create for himself. Watching him on a nightly basis I can tell you he for sure can and has the skill set to do so. Not on an elite level, but well enough to keep the defense honest which for a shooter of his caliber that's really all you need. It's kind of like how everyone really only remembers Ray Allen for his outside shooting, when really he had a lot of tools to do many other things. Klay's in that same mold.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a fuck on what you suggest? I'm always calm, it's you that isn't if loosing temper everytime the Bucks win a league award.
Calm down man, you always come here looking for a fight. If you were more rational folks would respond better to you.