• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buckeyes Noah Spence plans to sue B1G

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess would be he would be suing for defamation, because NFL scouts and teams generally look down on drug-addled prospects. If he was wrongly accused, suing to reclaim his reputation could mean millions.

Again, that's just a guess.

It's not exactly defamation considering he actually tested positive for it and he admits to have taken it (whether by choice or not).

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not exactly defamation considering he actually tested positive for it and he admits to have taken it (whether by choice or not).

Except whether it was by choice is the essential question -

"You took this because it would make you play better" (which, btw, is crap)

vs

"I did not intentionally take anything."

That is classic defamation - you are accused of cheating but did not.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except whether it was by choice is the essential question -

"You took this because it would make you play better" (which, btw, is crap)

vs

"I did not intentionally take anything."

That is classic defamation - you are accused of cheating but did not.

The Big10 never said that he took it because it would make him play better. They never said why he took it. The Big10 categorizes ecstacy as a performance enhancing drug.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big10 never said that he took it because it would make him play better. They never said why he took it. The Big10 categorizes ecstacy as a performance enhancing drug.

Exactly - - - they consider it a performance enhancing drug. They haven't commented at all, but their rules state their belief.

It's not really as complicated as you are trying to make it.

Here is his problem - unless he can prove that he was dosed - that is, can produce the person who did it, he will not prevail. The B1G doesn't have to prove he wasn't.

I wasn't commenting on whether he would win. I was commenting on why he would want to sue.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I read the article correctly it says that his suspension was reduced to three games because they considered it to be a recreational use not performance-enhancing So the argument that defamation of his Character by enhancing his game is BS.

Again stupid lawsuit is stupid.

He partied, got fucked up, and now he faces the music. Here's to this lawsuit being laughed out of court. :suds:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I read the article correctly it says that his suspension was reduced to three games because they considered it to be a recreational use not performance-enhancing So the argument that defamation of his Character by enhancing his game is BS.

Again stupid lawsuit is stupid.

He partied, got fucked up, and now he faces the music. Here's to this lawsuit being laughed out of court. :suds:

Do you have a link for that? The NCAA considers it recreational but the B1G considers it performance enhancing. I have read 5 or 6 versions of the article but none of them say the suspension was reduced because they B1G thought it was recreational.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a link for that? The NCAA considers it recreational but the B1G considers it performance enhancing. I have read 5 or 6 versions of the article but none of them say the suspension was reduced because they B1G thought it was recreational.

No just based off what I read.

Original suspension was full season, then reduced to 3 games.

I reasonably deducted it was due to them saying it was recreational accident.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Luke91577

O-H-I-O
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the next Maurice Clarette. STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE!