• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryzgalov is done deal

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree with SMF here. It's one article, and if we're going based off one persons opinion how much panic would Eklund have produced through out the NHL over the past few years?

I'm sure Bryz is going to get a bot load of money, however I can't see the Flyers being ok with 7 mill a year cap hit. It would cost them a lot of progress towards the end goal of winning a cup. I'm actually looking for the deal to mimic Loungo's and be extremely front loaded but hopefully not for 10-11 years or whatever the hell he got to choke in the cup finals. :tongue:

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For whatever it's worth - Per ESPN:

There has been a lot of speculation Wednesday that a deal in principle was in place between Ilya Bryzgalov and the Flyers, but that because of cap issues (tagging rules), the deal would have to wait until July 1 to be announced. A Flyers source told ESPN.com on Wednesday morning there was still no deal and both sides were still far enough apart that it could go either way.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For whatever it's worth - Per ESPN:

There has been a lot of speculation Wednesday that a deal in principle was in place between Ilya Bryzgalov and the Flyers, but that because of cap issues (tagging rules), the deal would have to wait until July 1 to be announced. A Flyers source told ESPN.com on Wednesday morning there was still no deal and both sides were still far enough apart that it could go either way.

the deal is done, its just a matter of when they are going to release the actual contract information

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
if we get him gents nothing is signed yet.......best thing we had since ?????? need to worry about our offense to...this is a big patch job long way to go

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also one of the seemingly few people that would like to keep Carter at all costs. This is another guy that we will regret trading down the road, I'm telling you. He's averaging 38.3 goals per season over his last three seasons, has played in 96% of our games over that stretch and is one of our best face-off men.

I also have faith that he will eventually dominate in the playoffs too. He just needs to enter healthy and use that size and speed much like JvR has started to do.

What a fucking disaster if we were to trade Carter to sign Bryz at $7 million.

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm also one of the seemingly few people that would like to keep Carter at all costs. This is another guy that we will regret trading down the road, I'm telling you. He's averaging 38.3 goals per season over his last three seasons, has played in 96% of our games over that stretch and is one of our best face-off men.

I also have faith that he will eventually dominate in the playoffs too. He just needs to enter healthy and use that size and speed much like JvR has started to do.

i am impartial to him, i think his less than stellar performance in the playoffs is probably due to more bad luck than him being a no show. he has gotten pretty banged up the last few runs.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am impartial to him, i think his less than stellar performance in the playoffs is probably due to more bad luck than him being a no show. he has gotten pretty banged up the last few runs.

I feel like it's just a matter of time before he nets 40 again. It will likely happen next season. I hope he stays healthy for the playoffs and we can see what he's really made of.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a fucking disaster if we were to trade Carter to sign Bryz at $7 million.

I tend to agree with you. He's a 40+ goal scorer. Plus, he's number four in the league of top goal scorers over the last few years. He's young, plus has a cap friendly deal. He's had bad luck with injuries recently but I don't expect that to continue. I would have to be blown away with an awesome offer in order to trade him. I wouldn't get rid of him just to clear cap space.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with you. He's a 40+ goal scorer. Plus, he's number four in the league of top goal scorers over the last few years. He's young, plus has a cap friendly deal. He's had bad luck with injuries recently but I don't expect that to continue. I would have to be blown away with an awesome offer in order to trade him. I wouldn't get rid of him just to clear cap space.

Right. You trade a guy like Hartnell and/or Carle to clear space, not a guy like Carter that will score 35+ no matter where you put him and 45+ under ideal circumstances. As you've said, he's a core part of the future of our team for years and years to come. He's only 26 years old and if Giroux is dishing him the puck, he'll score 40+ again very soon. Also, he has been on the whole a pretty healthy player in the Nhl and I expect that to continue.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took a lot of courage just to go on this site. I dont want my summer fucked up knowing in the back of my mind we have two old cancers with massive contracts killing our team and not letting us sign Giroux in 2014 along with JVR when he is up.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brothers...I'm going to wait until the dust settles on this before I jump into it..

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mav, I agree with you. I would move Carter if the deal was right. Very few on the roster I wouldn't. BUt this concept of getting rid of the "worthless" 40 goal scorer is ridiculous. You can dislike a player, but see his value to the team. Or to others.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love the giroux.carter.jvr combo.. however, if moving carter meant signing a good goalie, getting the 8th pick in the draft, jakub voracek, and possibly a young d prospect (read bill meltzer on hockeybuzz from yesterday).. then i'd be all for it

signing bryz to 7 mil for 7 years is not at all what i mean by signing a good goalie.. if it's a 7 mil hit, i would be ok with it for 2 years. if its going to be 7 years, that cap hit better be around 5 mil, even at 5 i might be disgruntled.

enough with the long contracts homer, please. one or two is fine, when they're on players that are worth it (aka richards' and carter's contracts).. pronger didnt deserve one, bryz doesn't deserve one.. stop it.

i just have this awful feeling that in 2-3 years the flyers are going to begin a lengthy stay at the bottom of the league.. and no, a cup this year or next doesn't make up for that. the flyers should be competitive every year, period.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems way to pricey to me. How many folks are you going to lose with this deal?

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
These numbers better not be true, 7 mill per and 7 years. I think its bullshit, and dumb fucks that like to speculate about the Flyers.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing it IS done now at 9 years, $51 million. Works out to ~$5.7 per year.