• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Irvin trade to ATL rumor

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, see the issue now that Irvin made is if Atlanta DOES sign him there could be tampering charges filed. This in itself could keep Atlanta FAR FAR away from him. He is from Atlanta and has always wanted to play there but by opening his mouth he might have killed ANY chance.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait (unless we get a nice offer) until near the trade deadline and then require a 3rd round pick or better. I doubt any team would agree to that.
If he isn't traded and has a solid year, we should get anywhere from a 4th-6th round compensatory pick.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well everyone was quick to kill him so I think its only fair ...

might just be some PR spin.

Bruce Irvin of Seattle Seahawks did not say he would join Atlanta Falcons, Pete Carroll says

I'm really glad you asked me that, because he didn't say that," Carroll said. "We've been talking all along. He has been working out in Atlanta for these three weeks, and he said (that) in response to the question 'Do you want to come back home?' He said everybody likes to come back home, and it's a dream to come back home. It wasn't in reference to leaving us and coming back (to the Falcons). He was really adamant about it, and I asked him to leave it and not go at it anymore."

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too me it sounds like Pete is doing some damage contol before it gets completely way out of hand.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Irvin was never huge in the brains department. Now just opens his mouth and once again confirms it.

It seems obvious that we will be moving on without him after this year. We don't have the extra cap room to prioritize a guy who is not one of the most important on the team. Let's just hope that he uses this as motivation to play his ¤%& off so he can get a good contract somewhere else. If he pouts and is not effective then I am going to be pissed at him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin is going to love to be wherever it is they'll pay him a lot.

Bruce is just one of those guys who is better off just keeping his mouth shut, but then if he were smart enough to do that then he probably wouldn't say dumb stuff in the first place.