• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bruce Irvin trade to ATL rumor

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest unfounded rumor on the big board is Atl offered a 2nd (#42) and Seattle wants more.

I do the trade for the second straight up. Do you know what else or have you heard any rumors on what Seattle wants besides that second?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest unfounded rumor on the big board is Atl offered a 2nd (#42) and Seattle wants more.

They should want more. If Irvin has a good year and draws a nice contracts elsewhere, he's going to yield a high comp pick in 2017.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should want more. If Irvin has a good year and draws a nice contracts elsewhere, he's going to yield a high comp pick in 2017.
Higher then a second? I think not. If the Seahawks feel they can't resign him, then this would be the right thing to do.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons basically took a Irvin clone with their 1st round pick so I'd say the whole Irvin to Falcons thing is dead.

Glad if we can find a way to keep him for 2015 cause we still need that pass rush as good as possible in this league.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Higher then a second? I think not. If the Seahawks feel they can't resign him, then this would be the right thing to do.

No, probably a 4th, 3rd at best. But also potentially a very good year for him.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that Bruce is ready for his break out year. If you've seen recent pics of him the guy is yolked and reached a great size to go with his build and speed.

I think he could get us 9 sacks next year and be solid to above average in run defense as well

With the team in the hunt for a Superbowl, you gotta keep that kind of weapon on your defense...even if he's more of a cherry on top to a defense rather than the important pivotal piece

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting that Irvin said last night that he will be playing for Atlanta in 2016. What an ass. At least play out the contract before crapping all over your current team. I don't even care if they bench him.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting that Irvin said last night that he will be playing for Atlanta in 2016. What an ass. At least play out the contract before crapping all over your current team. I don't even care if they bench him.

Cut him and let him be someone else's problem.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the team chose not to pick up his option, they basically told him that he would be playing elsewhere in 16. Understandably he's pissy about it, let him go out this year and earn his job with Atlanta. Because if he doesn't go out and have at least a very good year, Atlanta won't be interested.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contract year for Irvin and we all players seem to have their best year, when it is a contract year. So let him be all hurt and whiny and let him help the Seahawks go after the SB this year.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contract year for Irvin and we all players seem to have their best year, when it is a contract year. So let him be all hurt and whiny and let him help the Seahawks go after the SB this year.
I really really want to believe that but I have a gut feeling that we may be looking at this with rosy glasses.

Irvin is being overly pissy about this. To say that he will play in Atlanta in 2016 is either very cocky, or some tampering is happening by the Falcons. If Irvin believes that ATL will take him no matter what, he could quickly become a cancer in the locker room and, more importantly, awful on the field. If he assumed that ATL will already pay him what HE thinks he is worth, then why risk busting your ass this year and potentially get injured before you are able to sign a new contract?

Hopefully I am overreacting but this smells like bad news. At this point I don't know if I can even trust him to do his job when he steps on the field.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really really want to believe that but I have a gut feeling that we may be looking at this with rosy glasses.

Irvin is being overly pissy about this. To say that he will play in Atlanta in 2016 is either very cocky, or some tampering is happening by the Falcons. If Irvin believes that ATL will take him no matter what, he could quickly become a cancer in the locker room and, more importantly, awful on the field. If he assumed that ATL will already pay him what HE thinks he is worth, then why risk busting your ass this year and potentially get injured before you are able to sign a new contract?

Hopefully I am overreacting but this smells like bad news. At this point I don't know if I can even trust him to do his job when he steps on the field.
My thoughts are Irvin is butt hurt over no having his extension signed. Let's not make the same mistake over his remarks. Just let them roll right off. If Irvin has a lick of sense, he's going try to play lights out this year.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are Irvin is butt hurt over no having his extension signed. Let's not make the same mistake over his remarks. Just let them roll right off. If Irvin has a lick of sense, he's going try to play lights out this year.
this is what I'm scared of

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin firing off emotional bursts on social media isn't a new thing, so we shouldn't place undue value to what the latest zinger may imply at face value.

This front office hasn't made too many mistakes with personnel decisions in nearly -- what -- 5 off-seasons now? Flynn was probably the first, but all that cost us is money and we ended up making good on it almost before we even gave it a shot to work. Harvin is probably the only other clear mistake I can think of.... didn't work but still 2 SB appearances while going through it and getting out the situation. Pretty confident we'll come out on the other end better off.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Harvin was the worst but Flynn was a close 2nd
No argument, and you can order them however you want. The larger point: this front office gets these decisions right a lot more than they don't.

As we go forward, we simply aren't going to keep everyone, and we all know that. As such, tough decisions need to be made. When you have guys like Irvin talking publicly about wanting to be somewhere else when he is still under contract here, maybe that's a guy we can afford to move on without.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is not a chance in hell that anyone involved thinks that's the case. You're only as good as your last season.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man F Bruce Irvin. The guy gets some sacks granted and he's decent in coverage, but he's coming off like he's a top 5 player on the team. Heck are you kidding me? He's a BOTTOM 5 player on D. I'll take ALL these guys before him:

Chancellor
Sherman
Thomas
Wright
Wagner
Bennett
Mebane
Avril

Irvin is nearly the most expendable person on this D. Have fun Atlanta... enjoy your irrelevant LBer once he doesn't have an all pro defense behind him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Irvin wants to make a point to the Seahawks FO for not picking up his option, then he'll bust his ass and play lights out just to prove a point. This is fine by me cause he helps us make another SB and then out the door you go for being a dope.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man F Bruce Irvin. The guy gets some sacks granted and he's decent in coverage, but he's coming off like he's a top 5 player on the team. Heck are you kidding me? He's a BOTTOM 5 player on D. I'll take ALL these guys before him:

Chancellor
Sherman
Thomas
Wright
Wagner
Bennett
Mebane
Avril

Irvin is nearly the most expendable person on this D. Have fun Atlanta... enjoy your irrelevant LBer once he doesn't have an all pro defense behind him.

Irvin's position is one of the easier positions to fill in a starting lineup... They're a dime-a-dozen...