• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bruce allen fires back

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Allen Sets the Record Straight - Hogs Haven

kudos for bruce allen for standing up to the PC word police.

he used FACTS to debate his argument and not some phony baloney crap

the people support the name . you know ,senators , the people you are supposed to work for , not the ones you believe you rule over

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Harry Reid will simmer down a little but I doubt it. He's hell bent on inducing dissension where it isn't wanted. Good read, though, and an excellent letter by Allen.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problems I saw in the letter:

1) The most disturbing was "The Honorable Harry Reid." Harry Reid doesn't know or understand the word. He's #4 on my list (don't ask).

2) It mentions division but doesn't mention Harry Reid by name. He's one of the top divisors in this country. I equate Harry Reid to the word shit.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) The most disturbing was "The Honorable Harry Reid." Harry Reid doesn't know or understand the word. He's #4 on my list (don't ask).

2) It mentions division but doesn't mention Harry Reid by name. He's one of the top divisors in this country. I equate Harry Reid to the word shit.

I was thinking the same thing about the "Honorable" title.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can only guess who 1-3 are, but I bet there is a Pelosi in there somewhere.......

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic letter by Allen. Detailed enough, yet succinct enough to get the points across. The tone of the letter was brilliant.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys will laugh /cry at this

Sen . maria cantels tells the WP that she was "appalled "during a washington redskins vs the seatle playoff game (the team from her home state ) and the presentation was "shocking to me " and the team caricature was not respected in Indian country (i will get to that later )

sen maria cantell 's (who signed the letter mind you ) high school uses the name "redskins " at her very own high school emerich manual high school in indiana , in the city of indianapolis .:wtf2:

really senator , you are shocked now but not when you were in high school ?

there is no clear record she ever raised objections over the name

but it even gets better , the college she graduated from , miami of ohio , a college she chose to go to , used the term redskins as their freaking mascot :wtf2:

so lets go really PC here and rename the offensive city name indianapolis or the offensive state name Indiana while we are all at it . :omg:

Last edited by a moderator:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Allen Sets the Record Straight - Hogs Haven

kudos for bruce allen for standing up to the PC word police.

he used FACTS to debate his argument and not some phony baloney crap

the people support the name . you know ,senators , the people you are supposed to work for , not the ones you believe you rule over

The bottom line is that we live in a society where everyone is a offended now. I honestly have no idea what it will be like in 20 years. The people who are screaming for the name to change are white liberals with nothing else to do. Facebook is the worst as I constantly see rants about how someone is offended on behalf of another group. Its truly pathetic!

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line is that we live in a society where everyone is a offended now. I honestly have no idea what it will be like in 20 years. The people who are screaming for the name to change are white liberals with nothing else to do. Facebook is the worst as I constantly see rants about how someone is offended on behalf of another group. Its truly pathetic!

Lol

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW...I do wonder if they don't read these boards because I'm the one who brought up the head of the Smithsonian before in a "discussion" on the name.

Dad, you are the one who originally brought up the survey in 05 I think.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW...I do wonder if they don't read these boards because I'm the one who brought up the head of the Smithsonian before in a "discussion" on the name.

Dad, you are the one who originally brought up the survey in 05 I think.

i have wondered that too . they may have followed us on espn but since we moved who knows

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh is this where you say you don't reveal your political views as it is inappropriate?
Come on roboteadream

Nice play on words. I'm not affiliated with any party. I lean right on a lot of issues but am in no way a republican. I don't have much faith in politicians from any party. Just lean right on particular issues. Not that those issues are actually important to those money grubbing politicians.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People'are afraid'of'saying I'm republican or I'm christan

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so lets go really PC here and rename the offensive city name indianapolis or the offensive state name Indiana while we are all at it . :omg:

:laugh3:

Skinsdad, that is excellent. She really painted herself in the corner in that aspect, didn't she? Seriously, if this news item were to blow up (which I can't see, but, ya know, for the sake of argument) what could she possibly use as a defense? " 'Indianapolis' is ok, but 'Redskins' aren't". lol... double lol.. the very idea of this argument is making me chuckle to myself.