• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns Trade Danny Shelton To Patriots for Conditional Pick

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a decent middle guy in a 3-4 scheme. Pretty good run stuffer, but that's about it and he is a poor fit for the 4-3 scheme they currently run. Good business decision to let him go and get something for him.
hes a younger version of alan branch, which is what this team needs.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes a younger version of alan branch, which is what this team needs.

The Pats will surely find some use for him. If not, it's the last year of his contract and they can just dump him.

Browns had better and less expensive options for their 4-3 on the roster already so there wasn't much sense in trying to hold on to the guy.

By all accounts, he's a good dude and all his teammates liked him. Just never a breakthrough talent.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats will surely find some use for him. If not, it's the last year of his contract and they can just dump him.

Browns had better and less expensive options for their 4-3 on the roster already so there wasn't much sense in trying to hold on to the guy.

By all accounts, he's a good dude and all his teammates liked him. Just never a breakthrough talent.
just like alan branch. people forget at one point, branches name was being tossed around in heisman talk, and was a first round talent at one point early in his last year at MI. he never lived up to it either. just a decent, good guy, run stuffer who doesnt rub people the wrong way. he will fit in here just fine for a few years. i like this move a lot.

i wonder if theyre also bringing back francois? he played well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical pats move. Young guy they probably liked coming out of college who is on a cheap contract that the team controls for 2 years. Low risk yet good upside

Exactly.

Kid was a beast in college and his rookie year...since then I think he's been hurt once maybe, but not the same interior impact guy he showed as a rookie.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

Kid was a beast in college and his rookie year...since then I think he's been hurt once maybe, but not the same interior impact guy he showed as a rookie.
he had 19 tackles as a rookie.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were all TFL....lol, he showed some spark as a rookie...maybe that was the year he got hurt.
he looked like he was on the rise on 2016. 32 tackles, 1.5 sacks...thats it tho.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you’d rather have a 26 year old bust then a 32 year old star.
Not sure I would use bust and star to describe either of these players.

I'd rather have Shelton on his team friendly deal. With lots of potential. There's a reason he was a 1st round pick. NE doesn't have to cut anyone to make room for him. Rather than a guy coming off injury, on the downside of his career, that constantly commits dumb penalties. Not just penalties but dumb penalties. All his character issues. Yeah I'm taking a shot on Shelton. Seems like BB has done this once or twice. In BB I trust.

Mr Stubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelton will now become a sure-fire hall of famer and help the Pats win more super bowls....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelton will now become a sure-fire hall of famer and help the Pats win more super bowls....

That would be nice but I fear the Pats SB day's may be over. Just a feeling

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Clady, Peyton Manning, and Champ Bailey are 3 Broncos I know who had it. Never were the same after it. Went from All-Pro's to cut for 2 of them and Manning well retired after having to miss half the season because of it and still not playing great when he got back from it.
CD................you can't argue with Eagles fans. They just won the Super Bowl, they will not allow you or anyone else to talk down anything that the Eagles do in regards to player personnel......8^)