• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns Trade Danny Shelton To Patriots for Conditional Pick

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t pretend to know anything about the draft class but I think it was Mayock who said Chubb would normally be a mid to late 1st but this draft is weak at DE and he’s the top pass rusher. We shall see.
Odd, I've been hearing the opposite about Chubb; saying he's a legit top 5 guy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move for both teams. Shelton has a chance to be very productive clogging up the middle in NE. He won't be asked to do much, anchor the line and push the pocket. If he gets a few sacks that's a bonus.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Colts don't take him the Browns very well might.

If he is a star the Browns could really have a nice DLine. There OLine is fine too. I think if they can get Cousins they should go Saquon and that guard out of ND. I heard he is incredible

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t pretend to know anything about the draft class but I think it was Mayock who said Chubb would normally be a mid to late 1st but this draft is weak at DE and he’s the top pass rusher. We shall see.

He is a legit top-10 talent. He might not quite be on the level of a Clowney or Myles Garrett but he is at that Solomon Thomas level who went like 3rd last year.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move for both teams. Shelton has a chance to be very productive clogging up the middle in NE. He won't be asked to do much, anchor the line and push the pocket. If he gets a few sacks that's a bonus.

The Pats really needed Bennet but they choked that deal. They got the mediocre back up player instead :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stops the run pretty well. Just not a longterm fit and the Browns didn’t want to get nothing. It’s a start for a Pats D that needs all the help it can get.

After getting burned by the run game big time in the Super Bowl this move definitely makes some sense. I don't think he really moves the needle a whole lot though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats really needed Bennet but they choked that deal. They got the mediocre back up player instead :)

Bennett is an aging player that just had one of the worst injuries for a football player that has ended a lot of good careers. That plantar injury is just the pits. Never fully heals and takes any ability to plant off that foot away. He will be a shell of his former self. I feel like letting Curry walk and signing Bennett was actually a negative move for the Eagles.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better value, actually given he is on his rookie contract, but hey, let’s not talk about that. :)
I swear if you were a owner you would have a all rookie team. Anybody that played out his rookie contract would be considered expensive and over the hill.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear if you were a owner you would have a all rookie team. Anybody that played out his rookie contract would be considered expensive and over the hill.

Well it has to be part of the equation when making a team. Look at the Seahawks this year. Doing a lot of cleaning house with guys who are getting paid more than they are worth at this point in their career. They are working to get younger. All teams are working to find cheap talent that can play at or close to the level of a veteran. It is the cap gymnastics that has to be played. Most fans though have no clue how the cap works and just want every big FA name that hits the market then get mad when their team didn't do it. Those are the fans that crack me up the most.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that far off. I would be pretty easy to swoon if it was an Edge, QB, safety, or MLB, and OT, however. That's probably where my money would be going.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett is an aging player that just had one of the worst injuries for a football player that has ended a lot of good careers. That plantar injury is just the pits. Never fully heals and takes any ability to plant off that foot away. He will be a shell of his former self. I feel like letting Curry walk and signing Bennett was actually a negative move for the Eagles.

Played great last year and he will be in a rotational basis like Chris Long who had some money plays for us over the season. If we were expecting him to start and play 900 snaps like the Seahawks had him playing I would be a little concerned but he will get 1/2 the amount of snaps at most.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played great last year and he will be in a rotational basis like Chris Long who had some money plays for us over the season. If we were expecting him to start and play 900 snaps like the Seahawks had him playing I would be a little concerned but he will get 1/2 the amount of snaps at most.

I guess we shall see. I've just seen too many players try to play on that injury and be jack squat after it happened. It didn't matter how many snaps they played or didn't play the injury zapped most ability on the field away.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we shall see. I've just seen too many players try to play on that injury and be jack squat after it happened. It didn't matter how many snaps they played or didn't play the injury zapped most ability on the field away.

Plantar fasciitis takes a while to heal but I don’t remember it ending careers. The only player I remember having it was Brian Dawkins and he bounced bike fine

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plantar fasciitis takes a while to heal but I don’t remember it ending careers. The only player I remember having it was Brian Dawkins and he bounced bike fine

Ryan Clady, Peyton Manning, and Champ Bailey are 3 Broncos I know who had it. Never were the same after it. Went from All-Pro's to cut for 2 of them and Manning well retired after having to miss half the season because of it and still not playing great when he got back from it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DX9QKzWVAAA1nz9.jpg