• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I also wasn't really aware of until yesterday. He's also in anger management counseling as it turns out. I still think a suspension needs to happen, but he doesn't deserve to have his career taken away for this.

Yeah like I said before, I expect him to get a 4-6 game suspension going from past incidents that are somewhat similar to this one. If it turns out that way, that isn't even half the season for $1M. That would be best case scenario

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like I said before, I expect him to get a 4-6 game suspension going from past incidents that are somewhat similar to this one. If it turns out that way, that isn't even half the season for $1M. That would be best case scenario
He's also a restricted FA in 2020. I'd honestly rather they tender him and trade him in that scenario, as I still think Chubb is the better of the two and I want him as our bellcow moving forward, but having them both next year could be huge, especially down the stretch.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/brownsb_logo.gif

brownsb_logo.gif
Browns sign RB Kareem Hunt (1 year): A+ Grade
Wow. Of all the places Kareem Hunt could have gone, I never imagined he'd sign with the Browns. Cleveland has a talented running back in Nick Chubb, so it's not like Hunt fills a need. Still, this is an A+ signing for obvious reasons.

Hunt is one of the most talented running backs in the NFL. He's not only an exceptional runner, but also a prolific receiver out of the backfield. While Chubb also is a terrific rusher, he doesn't have a great receiving skill set, so Hunt and Chubb can complement each other extremely well. Of course, it remains to be seen what sort of suspension Hunt will serve, but considering that he has already missed time, he could be allowed to play at some point in 2019. If so, he'll help the Browns toward their long-awaited playoff push at the end of the season.

Some will say that the Browns will take a "PR hit" for signing Hunt, but people who worry about PR hits are losers. The Redskins also allegedly took a PR hit for acquiring Reuben Foster, and that worked out quite well for them. Football teams are asked to win football games; not be moral arbiters, and Hunt will certainly help them achieve victories. Plus, I think it says a lot that Browns general manager John Dorsey, who drafted Hunt while serving the same post in Kansas City, is the one to take the leap of faith on him. Dorsey knows Hunt well, so I think this is a good sign that Hunt has made good progress in his rehabilitation and won't commit horrible actions again.

Read more: 2018 NFL Free Agent Grades: WalterFootball.com

Read more at 2018 NFL Free Agent Grades: WalterFootball.com

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question I'd ask to the Browns fans who are complaining (not many here, but oh my the local radio). would they be complaining as much of RB was a position of need, or if instead of Hunt it was someone like Mack or OBJ if they did exactly what Hunt did?

We can have Hunt or Hillard or Dayes lol

Uhhhhh Tough one

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? lol. Unnecessary? First off, you can never have too many playmakers especially bc injuries happen. The Browns need another RB to go along with Chubb and this is honestly the perfect combo. Hunt is a do-it-all back, Chubb isn't a huge threat of the backfield to catch the ball.
This is actually an amazing move and it only costed them $1M LOL
Idk I just think Chubb has so much potential to work with. Yes Hunt is low risk high reward, but what sort of message does that send Chubb? You would hope it lights a fire under him. But the chemistry Chubb was building with the young nucleus was something I wouldn’t have wanted to mess with.

Could work out well. Hunt is facing a 6-8 game suspension IIRC. So Chubb will still open up as the starter. Gives him a few months to establish himself once again.

Vegetarian Orca

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your best bet is to worry about your Soap Opera of a team and not worry about mine. You got bigger problems than worrying about how many Running Backs any other team uses. Between your diva WR, pothead RB, and rapist QB you have a pretty full plate.
Dang! You are better and insulting the Squealers and I am! Keep up the good work!

Vegetarian Orca

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest, before yesterday I was in the large group of people who saw the video but hadn't read the incident reports of that night and thought he needed a year or so out of the league just doing community service before he should even think about getting back in. ESPN had the incident reports out in an article yesterday, and after reading through them, I think a 6-8 game suspension - provided he keeps on the straight and narrow - is more than enough. If that chick was a dude, not only would he not have been released by the Chiefs/suspended, but he would've been applauded by many people.
The Chiefs let him go because he lied to them. He said that he never left the room, you'd the video showed otherwise.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point!

Again I hate using Ajayi and Blount ( Philly homer)
But what Doug did with those two was outstanding and there is this new norm with the league going this way so your not paying top dollar in backs

It's not new NE has been doing it for years as well as other teams.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should've went to the NYG. He would be reinstated game one.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image: http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/brownsb_logo.gif

brownsb_logo.gif
Browns sign RB Kareem Hunt (1 year): A+ Grade
Wow. Of all the places Kareem Hunt could have gone, I never imagined he'd sign with the Browns. Cleveland has a talented running back in Nick Chubb, so it's not like Hunt fills a need. Still, this is an A+ signing for obvious reasons.

Hunt is one of the most talented running backs in the NFL. He's not only an exceptional runner, but also a prolific receiver out of the backfield. While Chubb also is a terrific rusher, he doesn't have a great receiving skill set, so Hunt and Chubb can complement each other extremely well. Of course, it remains to be seen what sort of suspension Hunt will serve, but considering that he has already missed time, he could be allowed to play at some point in 2019. If so, he'll help the Browns toward their long-awaited playoff push at the end of the season.

Some will say that the Browns will take a "PR hit" for signing Hunt, but people who worry about PR hits are losers. The Redskins also allegedly took a PR hit for acquiring Reuben Foster, and that worked out quite well for them. Football teams are asked to win football games; not be moral arbiters, and Hunt will certainly help them achieve victories. Plus, I think it says a lot that Browns general manager John Dorsey, who drafted Hunt while serving the same post in Kansas City, is the one to take the leap of faith on him. Dorsey knows Hunt well, so I think this is a good sign that Hunt has made good progress in his rehabilitation and won't commit horrible actions again.

Read more: 2018 NFL Free Agent Grades: WalterFootball.com

Read more at 2018 NFL Free Agent Grades: WalterFootball.com

Sorry but Dorsey should change his name to Dorkey.

Did you see that interview. He's a complete dork.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Hunt serves his suspension, deals with his anger management issues, shows contrition and comes back in great shape physically and mentally and really helps the Browns make a good run. Him and Chubb get along great like Kamara and Ingrim do. If that happens, Dorsey looks like the Stephen Hawking of GM's. And honestly, I would like to see the "Dawg Pound" enjoy some play-off football in January.