• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns sign Kareem Hunt

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Domestic violence generally implies a longstanding set of behaviors with a partner.

This is just drunken nonsense reading in between the lines, with possible (likely) alcohol and anger management issues.
It also generally involves a situation where the victim is stuck in a situation where they feel leaving will result in even worse ramifications, where in this instance, the women were told to leave and they not only didn't, but decided to escalate things. This is simply not DV by any definition.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also generally involves a situation where the victim is stuck in a situation where they feel leaving will result in even worse ramifications, where in this instance, the women were told to leave and they not only didn't, but decided to escalate things. This is simply not DV by any definition.
Nah just kicking a b

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not even assault. If the woman was a guy, it might be assault on him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not even assault. If the woman was a guy, it might be assault on him.
If that woman was a guy and he did the exact same things she did (wouldn't leave when asked/told to, using racial slurs, getting physical), we'd all be saying he got what he deserved and maybe deserved more.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question I'd ask to the Browns fans who are complaining (not many here, but oh my the local radio). would they be complaining as much of RB was a position of need, or if instead of Hunt it was someone like Mack or OBJ if they did exactly what Hunt did?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question I'd ask to the Browns fans who are complaining (not many here, but oh my the local radio). would they be complaining as much of RB was a position of need, or if instead of Hunt it was someone like Mack or OBJ if they did exactly what Hunt did?
I'll be honest, before yesterday I was in the large group of people who saw the video but hadn't read the incident reports of that night and thought he needed a year or so out of the league just doing community service before he should even think about getting back in. ESPN had the incident reports out in an article yesterday, and after reading through them, I think a 6-8 game suspension - provided he keeps on the straight and narrow - is more than enough. If that chick was a dude, not only would he not have been released by the Chiefs/suspended, but he would've been applauded by many people.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest, before yesterday I was in the large group of people who saw the video but hadn't read the incident reports of that night and thought he needed a year or so out of the league just doing community service before he should even think about getting back in. ESPN had the incident reports out in an article yesterday, and after reading through them, I think a 6-8 game suspension - provided he keeps on the straight and narrow - is more than enough. If that chick was a dude, not only would he not have been released by the Chiefs/suspended, but he would've been applauded by many people.
But that chick wasn’t a dude. And we knew that and he knew that. I hate that argument.

I mean you can always say what if

Hunt did hit a dude shortly after hitting the woman

But u could say what if Aaron Hernandez shot a deer and not person he wouldn’t of gone to jail. Extreme yes, but still hypothetical

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that chick wasn’t a dude. And we knew that and he knew that. I hate that argument.

I mean you can always say what if

Hunt did hit a dude shortly after hitting the woman

But u could say what if Aaron Hernandez shot a deer and not person he wouldn’t of gone to jail. Extreme yes, but still hypothetical
So what? She was clearly the instigator in all of this (there was actually even a second police report written after all parties were interviewed where she was actually listed as the suspect of assault, not Hunt), and the circumstances surrounding simply don't add up to him being some brutal woman beater.

Also a deer is not a person. Shooting deer is legal, so that's a dumb comparison.

There's a major difference between doing what Joe Mixon or Ray Rice did, which was intentionally try to inflict major damage to a person by maximum overreaction of force, and doing what Hunt did.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? She was clearly the instigator in all of this (there was actually even a second police report written after all parties were interviewed where she was actually listed as the suspect of assault, not Hunt), and the circumstances surrounding simply don't add up to him being some brutal woman beater.

Also a deer is not a person. Shooting deer is legal, so that's a dumb comparison.

There's a major difference between doing what Joe Mixon or Ray Rice did, which was intentionally try to inflict major damage to a person by maximum overreaction of force, and doing what Hunt did.
It’s dumb to say what if it was a guy as well a girl is not a guy? I agree there is a difference I’m not arguing that. But the if it was a guy argument is silly. That’s what I’m arguing right now. Period.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s dumb to say what if it was a guy as well a girl is not a guy? I agree there is a difference I’m not arguing that. But the if it was a guy argument is silly. That’s what I’m arguing right now. Period.
And there's a major problem with assigning gender to the law. The woman grabbed Hunt's friend by the back of the neck, enough to break his neck chain, and starting using racial slurs at them. She was clearly physical in the video as well.

The part the disconnects this incident from all of the others is that they were repeatedly told to leave by multiple members of Hunt's party and refused to, as if they had the right to be in Hunt's home. That woman's friend even said she told her they should leave but her friend didn't want to because she was pissed at them and also didn't have enough money for an uber and was too drunk too drive. She described her as being "overly dramatic" about being asked to leave.

Let me be clear: none of the violence that happened that night should be condoned, and Hunt didn't handle things correctly. His actions shouldn't be defended. That said, it's clearly a very, very different situation from the ones we've seen from other players in the past. I have a major problem with telling men they're horrible monsters for putting a hand on a woman, but it's no big deal at all for a woman to put her hands on a man. There's a reason this woman went from vehemently wanting to press charges that night to sobering up the next day and deciding not to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's a major problem with assigning gender to the law. The woman grabbed Hunt's friend by the back of the neck, enough to break his neck chain, and starting using racial slurs at them. She was clearly physical in the video as well.

The part the disconnects this incident from all of the others is that they were repeatedly told to leave by multiple members of Hunt's party and refused to, as if they had the right to be in Hunt's home. That woman's friend even said she told her they should leave but her friend didn't want to because she was pissed at them and also didn't have enough money for an uber and was too drunk too drive. She described her as being "overly dramatic" about being asked to leave.

Let me be clear: none of the violence that happened that night should be condoned, and Hunt didn't handle things correctly. His actions shouldn't be defended. That said, it's clearly a very, very different situation from the ones we've seen from other players in the past. I have a major problem with telling men they're horrible monsters for putting a hand on a woman, but it's no big deal at all for a woman to put her hands on a man. There's a reason this woman went from vehemently wanting to press charges that night to sobering up the next day and deciding not to.
would also add Hunt has taken the high road when asked about what the woman did. Instead of mentioning these facts he continues to just say he never should have let it happen.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree with all of that sir:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The red zone or inside their own 20 yd line for the where
And the when is 1st or 2nd down or the fact that one has out gained the other during the game
Ehh I get yah but like Matt Asiata with 10+tds was he really part of a 2 back system

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh I get yah but like Matt Asiata with 10+tds was he really part of a 2 back system

Good point!

Again I hate using Ajayi and Blount ( Philly homer)
But what Doug did with those two was outstanding and there is this new norm with the league going this way so your not paying top dollar in backs

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would also add Hunt has taken the high road when asked about what the woman did. Instead of mentioning these facts he continues to just say he never should have let it happen.
Which I also wasn't really aware of until yesterday. He's also in anger management counseling as it turns out. I still think a suspension needs to happen, but he doesn't deserve to have his career taken away for this.