• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns released Phil Taylor

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something here? Was shocked to see his name on the list...has his injury persisted?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add him to the growing list of first round busts

No reason to release him unless he's still battling injuries im guessing? or farmer really is a dumbass

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add him to the growing list of first round busts

No reason to release him unless he's still battling injuries im guessing? or farmer really is a dumbass

Effective today...none of the picks from the Julio trade are even on the roster...now that's sad...btw Taylor was a beast when healthy...the kid you got in the draft has made him expendable is all...I'd love to have Taylor in PIT.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Effective today...none of the picks from the Julio trade are even on the roster...now that's sad...btw Taylor was a beast when healthy...the kid you got in the draft has made him expendable is all...I'd love to have Taylor in PIT.
He wasn't expendable if he had any production in him, our dline needed a healthy Taylor

The Julio trade looks terrible

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't expendable if he had any production in him, our dline needed a healthy Taylor

The Julio trade looks terrible

idk how serious his knee is, but I don't expect him to be on the street for long if he still wants to play...he's made a nice chunk of cash.

I was wondering what they were going to do when they drafted Shelton...play them both at DT in a 4-3 look or have them alternate at NT, play Taylor at DE...the pick didn't make sense on paper at the time, but I think this was the plan all along once they saw Shelton's progression.

Browns have made some really bad picks, but this grouping from the Julio trade does look particularly bad now. The most shocking was Trich...I knew Weeden was a mistake from day one, but Richardson I thought was better than Ingram, didn't see that coming...bad trade but imo can't call Taylor a bust.

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns have made some really bad picks, but this grouping from the Julio trade does look particularly bad now. The most shocking was Trich...I knew Weeden was a mistake from day one, but Richardson I thought was better than Ingram, didn't see that coming...bad trade but imo can't call Taylor a bust.

Weeden was a mind-bogglingly bad pick. He wasn't a first-round talent, but even if they proved everyone wrong, he age significantly limited the upside of the pick.

Richardson is a mystery to me. The draft is hit or miss, and top prospects don't always pan out, but high-end RB prospects are rarely outright busts unless it's the result of injuries (e.g., Ki-Jana Carter). Some may have questioned Richardson's ceiling, but it seems like almost everyone thought he was a relatively sure thing.