• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Browns @ Patriots

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you one of the guys asking for them to trade for Gordon? If you were, watch the game, you'll feel incredibly vindicated in that opinion. Holy crap is he good.

No. I didn't and still wouldn't want him on the cheap.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game. I've said this. But you make Campbell beat you over McGahee. Every time.

Sorry, but I don't think this defense should choose to make any QB beat them in favor of run defense. Let's be realistic...McGahee is on his last legs and was picked up as a last resort when they traded Richardson.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there was much they could do about Gordon. They're not alone there - nobody has been able to do much about him. Guy's amazingly talented.

Leaving a "limited" Talib alone with no safety help isn't the best way to take away an opponent's best weapon is it? It's foolish IMO.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I don't think this defense should choose to make any QB beat them in favor of run defense. Let's be realistic...McGahee is on his last legs and was picked up as a last resort when they traded Richardson.

He's a bigger threat than Campbell.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bigger threat than Campbell.

McGahee is a bigger threat than Campbell?

McGahee's rushing totals in his last four games: 33-57-12-13

Gordon's rec yds last four games: 151-261-237-125

Campbell's passing yardage last five games: 391- 124(injured, taken out of game)- 248 -262-293

Do you think it's better to overcompensate to stop Campbell from handing the ball off to McGahee or is it more important to defend Campbell and Gordon?

Let's be realistic.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, if anyone wants to see the PI call -
Shows the whole play, instead of the endzone bump that is being endlessly repeated - defender hooks his shoulderpad at the ~10 to the ~4 yard line and drags him backwards. The ball is in the air (Brady lofts it almost immediately). He'd have been directly under the pass had he not been dragged backwards in that way, instead of a step or two behind it. Easy touchdown if he's not held up.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, if anyone wants to see the PI call - Cleveland Browns Called for Pass Interference on Patriots - YouTube

Shows the whole play, instead of the endzone bump that is being endlessly repeated - defender hooks his shoulderpad at the ~10 to the ~4 yard line and drags him backwards. The ball is in the air (Brady lofts it almost immediately). He'd have been directly under the pass had he not been dragged backwards in that way, instead of a step or two behind it. Easy touchdown if he's not held up.

The ref appeared to throw the flag based on what he saw happen in the endzone. The flag usually comes out when the penalty happens, not always but more often than not.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref appeared to throw the flag based on what he saw happen in the endzone. The flag usually comes out when the penalty happens, not always but more often than not.

You're not wrong, the ref may have screwed up regardless. But the question - should there have been a game-altering penalty called? - has a clear answer - yes.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not wrong, the ref may have screwed up regardless. But the question - should there have been a game-altering penalty called? - has a clear answer - yes.

Bottom line, it was a ticky tack foul if anything at all and a gift IMO. There are blatant fouls they don't call and borderline ones they do call...consistency is what's lacking.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without that PI it's an easy touchdown, and the hold was pretty blatant.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, it was a ticky tack foul if anything at all and a gift IMO. There are blatant fouls they don't call and borderline ones they do call...consistency is what's lacking.
I agree on the second sentence, disagree on the first. The player committed a potentially game-deciding foul because he just flat out got burned. I can completely believe that they screwed up the details of the call, but he shouldn't just get away with that.