• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns over clowns post game

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t really followed Baker that much, just the ‘hot takes’ from media heads... so I wanted to hear from a fan. Was wondering if perhaps he was like a Kirk Cousins (was to us). Produced but needed the right pieces around him. In others words. Good but not great, with occasional flashes.

That's probably a fair comparison at this point

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok tomcat what are we trying to accomplish ? You think this team is competitive ? For what ? 6 wins ? Better to play Haskins and if he continues the poor play so what ? You draft Lawrence . I have said all off season this team wasn’t competitive . I said it was an evaluation year . Now if you think putting Allen in will beat the ravens or rams or Seattle then have at it . This is a 3 win team tops but if you think winning 6 games and missing out on Lawrence and still having crappy qb play after not giving the guy you drafted more then 10 games to play then by all means be my guest

To answer your questions in order:

1/ We should be trying to be more competitive
2/ No we are not competitive but I think we could be more competitive with a change at QB
3/Trying to be more competitive
4/ 6 wins might be good enough to win the weakest division in the NFL which is the NFC East even though I think Dallas will win it

Regardless of who plays QB for us for the rest of the season we will not finish in last place which means we will not even get a shot at Lawrence so you can forget that. I never said that we can beat anyone with Allen. I simply said that I think we can be more competitive with him.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2/ No we are not competitive but I think we could be more competitive with a change at QB
4/ 6 wins might be good enough to win the weakest division in the NFL which is the NFC East even though I think Dallas will win it

Regardless of who plays QB for us for the rest of the season we will not finish in last place which means we will not even get a shot at Lawrence so you can forget that. I never said that we can beat anyone with Allen. I simply said that I think we can be more competitive with him.
Legit if you believe Haskins will never develop and improve. I just can’t be sure yet. He’s been so raw - so up and down and yet to play even close to 4 quarters of solid FB. So much room for improvement so I gotta see more personally for all the reasons previously stated.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how the coaches feel about Kyle Allen but he certainly never produced anything close to Haskins in college. Certainly an unfair comparison but he didn't even get drafted. Not saying he can't pull it together and have a successful nfl career but the powers that be don't miss often on qbs. (Tom Brady aside and all)

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how the coaches feel about Kyle Allen but he certainly never produced anything close to Haskins in college. Certainly an unfair comparison but he didn't even get drafted. Not saying he can't pull it together and have a successful nfl career but the powers that be don't miss often on qbs. (Tom Brady aside and all)
My feeling is RR knows what he has in him. He doesn’t yet know what he has in Haskins. He likely sees flashes of Cam and wants to know if he can develop that.

In other words...

Last edited:

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit if you believe Haskins will never develop and improve. I just can’t be sure yet. He’s been so raw - so up and down and yet to play even close to 4 quarters of solid FB. So much room for improvement so I gotta see more personally for all the reasons previously stated.

That's a fair analysis on your part. I do believe what I said but since I put team over player I will continue to cheer for Haskins for as long as he remains our QB. I hope I will be totally wrong about how far I think Haskins can take us.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fair analysis on your part. I do believe what I said but since I put team over player I will continue to cheer for Haskins for as long as he remains our QB. I hope I will be totally wrong about how far I think Haskins can take us.
Agreed. Team first for me too.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allen won’t get us anymore wins then Haskins . 4/6 wins won’t win the East . We are trying to be more competitive , in the future , not just this season which is shortsighted . If we can’t make a super bowl why worry about a 6. Win playoff appearance ? Fields and Lance are out there too at qb and making the playoffs ( 6 wins or not ) makes our pick no better then 18th overall because we “made “ the playoffs . That puts us out of the qb sweepstakes if you need a qb . Then you are forced to gut this draft and perhaps future ones all because we can’t be patient and let RR. Build the team correctly so it can be a year in year out competitor instead of the fools gold you advocate

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina lost their last eight games with Allen at the helm. They scored 131 points over those games for 16ppg. I am not sure about your definition of playing well is.

He did a decent job with them last year. There is a reason why we gave up a 5th for him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did a decent job with them last year. There is a reason why we gave up a 5th for him.
What do you want from an Allen led team ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that Snyder can be convinced on anything.
You are correct. Dan believes in Dan ... no matter how many times he has fucked up in life and I am not just talking about football but that is what we care about.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with the Cam comparison. Newton was much more dynamic as a runner. As far as passing I think they are similar .... so far.

One of the things I do not like is RRs rolling over in the last few minutes in the game. NO game is over until the gun goes off. I think it sends the wrong message to the players. Competitors do not give up until the game is over.

It does seem to me that RR has mailed in this season. That is disappointing to me. Would I mind if Allen started? No not at all. I don't think we know everything about Haskin's he could still improve. Some suggest he would have been better in the Mark Rypien or Aaron Rogers role where he watched for three years. Too late for that now.

To quote a guy I like a lot ... you play to win the game. I am not sure we are doing that. That makes me sad.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I do not like is RRs rolling over in the last few minutes in the game. NO game is over until the gun goes off. I think it sends the wrong message to the players. Competitors do not give up until the game is over.

It does seem to me that RR has mailed in this season. That is disappointing to me. Would I mind if Allen started? No not at all. I don't think we know everything about Haskin's he could still improve. Some suggest he would have been better in the Mark Rypien or Aaron Rogers role where he watched for three years. Too late for that now.

To quote a guy I like a lot ... you play to win the game. I am not sure we are doing that. That makes me sad.
I swear, it’s like we grew up in the same family...lol. Feel exactly the same way.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with the Cam comparison. Newton was much more dynamic as a runner. As far as passing I think they are similar .... so far.
Me either. But it was RR who brought Cams name into play at a presser and what he saw when he was a rookie. Probably referring to the passing...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we would have beaten the browns or cards in those closing moments ?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think we would have beaten the browns or cards in those closing moments ?
Not likely, but in the cards game Haskins had had success in driving down the field 4x with a score in each in the second half before the plug was pulled. In the Browns game, they were still competitive with 5 TOs until the last ones and it would have been a good time to develop and grow your QB with a 2 minute drill. Also on protecting team for injuries, pull the starters and put in backups and let them play then.

I do not agree with the ‘doesn't matter’ cuz we can’t win philosophy, let’s protect our guys. Oh....and We’ve seen 3 improbable 2 score comebacks just this year alone ironically.

So yes, statically, there was a chance in both games. Do I realistically think it would happen, no.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not likely, but in the cards game Haskins had had success in driving down the field 4x with a score in each in the second half before the plug was pulled. In the Browns game, they were still competitive with 5 TOs until the last ones and it would have been a good time to develop and grow your QB with a 2 minute drill. Also on protecting team for injuries, pull the starters and put in backups and let them play then.

I do not agree with the ‘doesn't matter’ cuz we can’t win philosophy, let’s protect our guys. Oh....and We’ve seen 3 improbable 2 score comebacks just this year alone ironically.

So yes, statically, there was a chance in both games. Do I realistically think it would happen, no.
I just think this is much a do about nothing . If we aren’t going to win the game why risk injury on a evaluation year ? If you listen to RR he is treating these first 4 games like it’s preseason . We lost Inman , ionman, and chase . What if we lost TMAC trying to turn a 14 point loss into a 7 point one ? We need to understand what our team truly is and not the fantasy we want it to be