• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns over clowns post game

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you Browns fans. What’s your take on Baker? Is he your guy?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like and respect this answer from RR

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overreaction to Haskins? Maybe but I can see why. His issues are REAL and he didn't look good but at times he was making some very good throws and his timing was down at times. Inconsistent is definitely what he is.

He played one year in college. (should have stayed another year imo but I don't blame him for leaving)
Started what...7 games last year.
So he's had now 25 games under his belt at the college and pro level. I'm not sure many can look good after that many games. Not saying he is the Redskins future QB. But what if Aaron Rodgers was starting year one instead of sitting 3 years watching and learning...just something to think about. Not comparing the two bc Rodgers was and is way more talented. The main point is, some QB's getting better by actually playing and other QB's get better by watching and learning. That might be Haskins or he just isn't the guy. This organization was put in a tough spot when Alex Smith went down with that horrific injury. Haskins could have been watching and learning from Smith if he was still playing. I don't think giving him this one year is just going to magically help him A LOT but experience is still helpful, no doubt. At this point, every team is looking for their star or Mahomes bc it seems you need a star QB to win in this league, not always, but to be a competitive playoff team for years to come.

Lawrence and Fields RIGHT NOW I can legitimately say both have a pretty good chance to be franchise QB's. Both have very few weaknesses, great footwork and extraordinary arm talent. Problem is the Redskins are a 6 win team imo, they have two many talented players....but shit can happen.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overreaction to Haskins? Maybe but I can see why. His issues are REAL and he didn't look good but at times he was making some very good throws and his timing was down at times. Inconsistent is definitely what he is.

He played one year in college. (should have stayed another year imo but I don't blame him for leaving)
Started what...7 games last year.
So he's had now 25 games under his belt at the college and pro level. I'm not sure many can look good after that many games. Not saying he is the Redskins future QB. But what if Aaron Rodgers was starting year one instead of sitting 3 years watching and learning...just something to think about. Not comparing the two bc Rodgers was and is way more talented. The main point is, some QB's getting better by actually playing and other QB's get better by watching and learning. That might be Haskins or he just isn't the guy. This organization was put in a tough spot when Alex Smith went down with that horrific injury. Haskins could have been watching and learning from Smith if he was still playing. I don't think giving him this one year is just going to magically help him A LOT but experience is still helpful, no doubt. At this point, every team is looking for their star or Mahomes bc it seems you need a star QB to win in this league, not always, but to be a competitive playoff team for years to come.

Lawrence and Fields RIGHT NOW I can legitimately say both have a pretty good chance to be franchise QB's. Both have very few weaknesses, great footwork and extraordinary arm talent. Problem is the Redskins are a 6 win team imo, they have two many talented players....but shit can happen.
LOVE this answer. Would you like to take the honorary place of a couple of our - year in, year out, Negative Nancy posters that seem to be capable only for one liner “_______ sucks” posts??!!!

Never a nuanced, well thought out response. It’s been comedy gold for years now on this board :loco2:

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a little off topic, but how can anybody NOT root for the Browns to be good again? I mean, the last time they were good was when Kosar was qb! I’d like the Browns to be the wildcard team from the AFC every year, losing the division to the Ravens, of course, but thoroughly obliterating the Steelers, who I’m personally sick of.

I dont like Odell - he’s a fucking punk - and I’m indifferent to Baker Mayfield, but I wish nothing but continued success for a fellow long suffering fanbase!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a little off topic, but how can anybody NOT root for the Browns to be good again? I mean, the last time they were good was when Kosar was qb! I’d like the Browns to be the wildcard team from the AFC every year, losing the division to the Ravens, of course, but thoroughly obliterating the Steelers, who I’m personally sick of.

I dont like Odell - he’s a fucking punk - and I’m indifferent to Baker Mayfield, but I wish nothing but continued success for a fellow long suffering fanbase!
Agree! Skins, Browns have a long tradition of friendly understanding of dysfunction and respect of each other’s franchises fan bases.

Also, Byner and Mitchell, nuff said.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've had a big head for two years. Still see this team having a ton of weaknesses but not holding my breath. Hard to be positive when this team has been bad for so many years but a win is a win. The future is bright for Washington, they just need to find that QB...a whole lot of others team are trying to do the same as well though.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had a big head for two years. Still see this team having a ton of weaknesses but not holding my breath. Hard to be positive when this team has been bad for so many years but a win is a win. The future is bright for Washington, they just need to find that QB...a whole lot of others team are trying to do the same as well though.
Might I remind you of yet another similarity...our year of RG3...lot of big heads then...Football gods give and taketh. Front offices do make a difference. Both of our franchises have seen shit shows.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins showed something last season in a different offense. Give him time in this one.

What has Allen shown and he was given a chance in Carolina?

Stop being satisfied with competing in a shit division.

He played well for Carolina last year. what are you talking about? im about what is best for the team to win.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoot on board with tapping out, Doc Walker - definitely old school and NOT. Hilarious to listen to him and can’t blame him, as he’s a product of a long ago winning football franchise who hadn’t sniffed a Danny Boy looming. Only those of us who are old, remember a ‘never quit’ attitude from this team, week in and out.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is a chance for Allen.
Sure. But Haskins has to show absolutely nothing in development for that to happen. And only RR will make the decision. Rightly so.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played well for Carolina last year. what are you talking about? im about what is best for the team to win.

Carolina lost their last eight games with Allen at the helm. They scored 131 points over those games for 16ppg. I am not sure about your definition of playing well is.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Sheehan made a point this morning that makes great sense to me. Basically he said in an R&D year for the team, you want to make absolutely sure that Haskins is NOT your QB of the future (especially since he’s the most promising of the 3 QBs on the roster). You gotta play him until you are sure. Once you bench him, it is over for him in DC. RR is not a guy that will waver in that, so be prepared to see Haskins until RR decides no more.

I’m ok with that. Just hate the choices with tapping out the last 2-3 minutes of the game. Apparently Panthers fans were driven crazy by RR and time clock mgt. I’ll take that frustration over the other issues we’ve seen for years with our previous coaches.

Can understand why others may not be on board with this plan tho.

My thought and it is similar if for no other reason for Dan to see it too is let the guy play. If Haskin's isn't the guy then we do not really have the guy on the team. See what he has ... if you have a high enough draft choice you go BIG next year in the draft.